Todd McFarlane Says His ‘Spawn’ Film Will Actually Earn Its Hard R-Rating, Unlike Deadpool

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When people say shyt like this I already know it's about to be try hard shyt. Comes off as hating too.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the only thing he had involvement with was the HBO series, and that was fire.

I think it can work, but it's gonna take everyone buying into the vision

Nah, breh. He has an executive producer credit for the first live action movie. And that animated series was ages ago. I think a lot of us look back at it fondly for it being so different compared to everything else at the time.

The reality is that for the overwhelming majority of the moviegoing public, Spawn really isn't a household name. This movie would need to serve as a proper reintroduction, and focusing the movie mostly on two ancillary characters really isn't going to help.

I think he might be thinking too hard about this being a horror movie, and trying to take the structure from those. Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies are ABOUT Freddie and Jason, but they aren't really the main characters of the individual movies. But those are built differently, because the plot is really just there to set up whatever method the killer is going to use to take out their next victim. And besides, it kind've takes away the appeal if we spent half the movie with Jason doing research on the kids he's going to kill, and complaining about how he has to sort through so many weird sex dreams to get something usable, or something.

Superhero movies, regardless of what other genre they serve alongside it (be it action, comedy, mystery, whatever), can't really do that. They've got to be the main character. And if your movie doesn't feature its main character on screen and moving the plot along for most of its runtime, then you fukked around and made the movie about the wrong character.