To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
We were up 30 on them dudes on the road when Kawhi went down :francis:

I'll go to my grave saying we win it that year if Kawhi stays healthy
i know

but the Rockets destroyed the spurs in Game 1 in the previous series, and they lost.
Spurs cooked OKC in game 1 of the 2016 playoffs and lost that series.

Warriors wouldn't sweep the spurs, i would definitely be at least a 6 game series

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
i know

but the Rockets destroyed the spurs in Game 1 in the previous series, and they lost.

Warriors wouldn't sweep the spurs, i would definitely be at least a 6 game series
Nah we were the better team that year. We ran them that whole season. Outplayed them during the regular season. That was the height of Kawhi’s power. he was the best player on Google Earth Nas at that time. And he had the complementary pieces around him that helped the Spurs be the best overall team that year.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
i know

I don't think we would've swept them but I for sure I had us winning in 6.

SA was just a bad matchup for the Warriors. I think SA had a 20 plus lead in every game they played when healthy

Kawhi could match KD and he was on a mission that year

Had the perimeter defenders to throw at Steph and Klay.

And the Warriors had no one to guard LMA. I really liked our chances