To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Man I hate watching this team play. There are simple ass solutions to the teams issues but either the players are selfish/not coached well/low bb IQ/or a little bit of all the above. I initially thought the problem was Vic wanting to roam the floor on offense too much and being kind of allergic to contact. But watching it these fools be looking off Vic when he’s in the paint calling for the ball. Or calling for Vic to come set a pick. N!gga pass the seven footer the ball in the paint. EVERY TIME. I can’t keep watch these mediocre a55 volume shooting guards look off a generational talent.

Along the same lines, Pop ain’t coaching sh!t. His cop out is he wants to learn what Vic does well rather than limit him. A consequence of that is he ain’t coaching anybody. Can’t be. Cause ain’t no way he’s letting anybody look off young Tim or David. Not even calling plays that benefit your best player. And using Vic like he’s Porzingas. Hate it all. Want everybody on the team but Vic and Jones sent away. The other young players on some Ricky Davis tip and all they are gonna do is get their bad habits rubbed on on Vic.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Pop said he’s not coaching the team, more trying to get a feel.

…he might wanna coach, cuz this team is a tough ass watch.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Yeah it's weird because last year during the tank, they were competitive in the losses. I know it's early, the sky ain't falling, but it's like they don't know how to play organized basketball right now. Wemby's frustration is starting to boil over (I thought he easily could have gotten a second T when he shoved Giddy at the end of the first half).

The leadership aspect brought up in this thread is becoming an issue. There is no established leader right now. Keldon has the vet claim to it. Vassell has the best scorer claim to it. Wemby has the future claim to it. Pop is coasting right now. I'd like to think there's a method to his madness, but at the end of the day, he's not in his prime and his coaching staff isn't what it once was.

Better days are ahead, but I'm starting to get nervous about those Spurs/Mavs tix I bought for next month in Dallas :russ:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Got yall ass WHIPPED tonight. Thats 6 straight Ls :gucci:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I didn't watch the game but sooner or later, hopefully soon, Pop has to either pull the plug on the Sochan experiment or actually run the offense through Vic. He wasn't hands off like this with Timmy so idk why he's not intentional with getting him touches. No reason he should only have 8 points on 13 attempts.

Wemby has to demand the ball. I think he's a little too passive in that area of his game at the moment. He's always talking about having to learn his teammates but they need to learn how to feature YOU. Be the leader this team needs and put them on your back.

As for the losses, I don't mind them if they were like last year where we lost a lot of close games. This year we're getting straight ran out the gym. They have to be more competitive. The turnovers and lack of defense is killing us and if it doesn't get fixed it's going to cause people to finger point and we don't need that.

Bottom line, Pop has to coach this team. You can't let the youngest team in the league figure it out on their own. He needs to put them in position to win, feature Wemby and move Sochan back to his natural position.