To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
We young bruh.
Post-L fog has lifted.

You’re right. I just gotta keep reminding myself going into each game that this is a learning season — to continue going in expecting the worst, and only moderately hoping for the best.

(But as you said…watchin Love and Duncan Robinson —best name in the league notwithstanding — doin the work against us was a tough sit-thru.)

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Post-L fog has lifted.

You’re right. I just gotta keep reminding myself going into each game that this is a learning season — to continue going in expecting the worst, and only moderately hoping for the best.

(But as you said…watchin Love and Duncan Robinson —best name in the league notwithstanding — doin the work against us was a tough sit-thru.)
I think we'll see improvements as the season goes on but with this team having very little experience together I'm not expecting much. The vets in the league have seen it all and know how to get to their spots and our guys haven't figured it out all the little nuances yet. They're just out there hooping right now and that's not going to get it done.

I'm still in tank mode and I hope we can snag another lottery pick or 2 to add to this dynasty in the making.

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW

Off-topic, but I would drop a mortgage payment on this jacket. :whew:

I need an update anyways since the last championship-summarizing gear I got was this Adidas zip-up back in ‘09 with just the 4 LOB’s on the back.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Another stealth tank move playing Sochan at point while graham rots on the bench and wesley rots in the g league.

There really isn't any reason to take anything this team does seriously until we get 48 minutes of point guard play.

Offense is always going to dry up when teams crank up the defense cause of Sochan's fred flinstone dribbling and passing on the perimeter

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Another stealth tank move playing Sochan at point while graham rots on the bench and wesley rots in the g league.

There really isn't any reason to take anything this team does seriously until we get 48 minutes of point guard play.

Offense is always going to dry up when teams crank up the defense cause of Sochan's fred flinstone dribbling and passing on the perimeter

Very odd. Son was just getting run on the Hornets.

Now he's out of the rotation on a 25 win team. Lol.

Politics at work...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Spurs started the game vs Minnesota with a 15-8 lead.
Then they started the game vs Miami with a 29-15 lead at the end of the 1st quarter.

It feels like every bit of growth is incremental.
They don't just figure out how to win games. They have to have a good possession. Then 2 good possessions. Then a good quarter. And so on.

The thing I try to remember is that growth or improvement isn't linear -- meaning, it's not improvement after improvement after improvement.

These guys are going to take 1 step forward...2 steps back....4 steps forward...1 step back...3 steps back....5 steps forward. And it's going to be very frustrating to watch.

The obvious thing is that the Spurs do not have the PG of the future on the roster, no matter how comfortable Sochan gets with it.

Beyond that, I think Vassell needs to be more dominant and assertive in high leverage situations. The Spurs have always been reluctant to have 1 player go out there and play hero ball. But there have been circumstances where they've needed that 1 guy to create his own shot or draw a foul and to me, that player needs to be Devin Vassell. It could just be that he's pacing himself because of the groin injury. But I get the feeling he falls in love with his jump shot too much and should attack the basket more.

Small note: Keldon Johnson is fantastic as a motor. When he's into the game, he's chatting up his teammates and encouraging them to play hard. You can see it or hear it if the crowd noise isn't too loud. But when he's struggling, I get the impression that his energy comes down and he's no longer being that vocal leader. It just seems like he can take himself out of the game, mentally sometimes. Not sure if anyone agrees with this. I could be mistaken.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
I watch basketball games on this firestick app now and when there's a break in the game, instead of going to commercial, they just show the cheerleaders or a band or something on the court.

They also show pictures of the fans. Like if they're doing a giveaway.

I guess it's just the NBA season pass channel.

But NBA fans are really battling NFL fans for fattest in sports.

Barkley wasn’t lying about them big ol women in San Antonio

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
Small note: Keldon Johnson is fantastic as a motor. When he's into the game, he's chatting up his teammates and encouraging them to play hard. You can see it or hear it if the crowd noise isn't too loud. But when he's struggling, I get the impression that his energy comes down and he's no longer being that vocal leader. It just seems like he can take himself out of the game, mentally sometimes. Not sure if anyone agrees with this. I could be mistaken.

Solid breakdown with everything, but this part stood out. Noticed it from time to time during the streak, but breh def wears his heart on his sleeve, for better and worse throughout the game. Gets down on himself and it’s evident af.

Not sure he needs to be the “emotional leader” on this team until he shakes that bad habit.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Very odd. Son was just getting run on the Hornets.

Now he's out of the rotation on a 25 win team. Lol.

Politics at work...
Can't pick a point guard with a top 5 pick if we have 48 minutes of point guard play.

Wesley is even more :mjlol: . We playing McDermott and Osman, both on one year deals, over him.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Wesley is even more :mjlol: . We playing McDermott and Osman, both on one year deals, over him.
PATFO def want to flip em for a couple picks. Gotta show em off :manny:

Let's see if they play with some sustained fire against OKC. It's def personal between Wemby and Chet already.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
We just need a veteran point guard. They should package Keldon to get an upgrade at point and move Jeremy to the 3 again
The decent vets are trying to win or ring chase. They don't have the patience to build with a young team. We had Cameron Payne and he wanted out and they honored his request.