To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I'm cool with Sochan at point he's learning the position on the fly

But Tre needs to be running the offense down the stretch of games
I like him at point for the defensive lineup, but he looked lost out there tonight on defense and on offense he didn't do too well either.

There were a few times he had Wemby in the paint or on a mismatch and didn't pass him the ball. Very Very small sample size but hopefully he improves. I don't see him as the long term solution at that position so if he continues to struggle, I'd make Tre the starter, move Sochan to SF and send Keldon to the bench to be the 6th man.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Obviously not happy with the result, but definitely a moral victory here. The team looked lost at times defensively, but with Wemby's limited minutes, it's not surprising. He is meant to be the anchor of the defense. I don't think it takes an optimist to say that, had Wemby been able to play another 10 minutes in this game, the Spurs likely win. He had some dumb fouls (the bad screen, the free-arm, bumping Luka early in the 3rd). I think those are easy adjustments for him. Vassell looked solid and worth the investment the Spurs made in him. Keldon had his ups and downs, but he brought energy when needed after Victor was continually benched.

Sochan needs to play better defensively. I'm not as worried about his mistakes on offense as he's been tasked with playing a completely new role. But defensively, I think his fundamentals could have been better. Then again, Luka and Kyrie can make a lot of people look bad defensively.

Think the squad shows vast improvement on Friday vs Houston.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Wemby game is way more developed than lebrons was offensively.

Still not convinced on defensive end gets boxed out too early. He will get blocks steals by roaming though but one on one he's gonna get bullied

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I seen everything after half-time...will revisit the 1st half..

Yeah we are gonna need a point guard who gets the team in it's "sets" and can "calm" things down..

A 19/20 year old who hasn't had any experience doing that will have issues..

The game was winnable, but Keldon went end of the game hero ball Draymond on us and Luka did superstar things...

Def a loss to learn from

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
Almost forgot what it felt like to actively root for a W in the regular season lol.

But like a lot of y’all said already, without the Wemby foul trouble plot line in the Tony Brothers show, highly likely there’s a different outcome. Adjusting to that just comes with more experience. He’ll get there in no time.

And yeah, I would like to see Tre handling PG duties majority of the time, but especially late in the game. Just don’t have faith that Sochan can…hone that ball handling skill. Just save that shyt for situational bball. Mismatch forcing from time to time.

And yeah, Vassell looks phenomenal. No immediate signs of securing-the-bag drop-off. Salute, young breh.

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
I’m also still a little torn on the balance of players involving Wemby and not forcing it causing him to overwork early.

This is supposed to be a learning season. A get comfortable season. I still don’t think we win many games and I’d def rather win less now while minimizing the wear on the Wemby tires, so to speak.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
I’m also still a little torn on the balance of players involving Wemby and not forcing it causing him to overwork early.

This is supposed to be a learning season. A get comfortable season. I still don’t think we win many games and I’d def rather win less now while minimizing the wear on the Wemby tires, so to speak.
I think there needs to be a balance but them times when Wemby is feeling it and rolling then yeah they need to get him the ball and get out his way