To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m happy the Spurs got Wembanyama. He has the potential to be really great.

It bothers me that Spurs fans and Spurs media keep hyping Wemby up. They’re always asking players and coaches how Wemby will make the team better and what he does offensively and defensively. People are acting like the Spurs will be a playoff team.

And from what I’ve seen, the potential is high. But he’s not NBA-ready like Lebron was. Bron came in the league and could give anybody 25-30 points if he wanted to.

I think Wemby is going to take time to get comfortable in the league.

People need to lower their expectations because when people see that he’s not dominating the offense like Bron or even Luka, there’s gonna be a lot of hate coming at him. Especially from the morons on podcasts and 1st Take.

I’m sorry if this comes off as pessimistic. I think setting the proper expectations for this season will help us contextualize everything so we don’t overreact and bring unnecessary attention and pressure to a very young and developing roster.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
I’m happy the Spurs got Wembanyama. He has the potential to be really great.

It bothers me that Spurs fans and Spurs media keep hyping Wemby up. They’re always asking players and coaches how Wemby will make the team better and what he does offensively and defensively. People are acting like the Spurs will be a playoff team.

And from what I’ve seen, the potential is high. But he’s not NBA-ready like Lebron was. Bron came in the league and could give anybody 25-30 points if he wanted to.

I think Wemby is going to take time to get comfortable in the league.

People need to lower their expectations because when people see that he’s not dominating the offense like Bron or even Luka, there’s gonna be a lot of hate coming at him. Especially from the morons on podcasts and 1st Take.

I’m sorry if this comes off as pessimistic. I think setting the proper expectations for this season will help us contextualize everything so we don’t overreact and bring unnecessary attention and pressure to a very young and developing roster.
I think this is a play-in team this year

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
Outside of the absurdly unrealistic expectations, I feel for the rest of the squad a bit. They’ve really done a solid job of playing it off and being supportive, but endless questions about another guy has to take its toll.

Hopin it doesn’t affect morale too bad — particularly since it’s still likely to be a long seasons, with presumably more downs than ups.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Outside of the absurdly unrealistic expectations, I feel for the rest of the squad a bit. They’ve really done a solid job of playing it off and being supportive, but endless questions about another guy has to take its toll.

Hopin it doesn’t affect morale too bad — particularly since it’s still likely to be a long seasons, with presumably more downs than ups.
Keldon's the one I'm worried about. All the talk about bringing in a piece to help Wemby centers on him being traded. Vassell couldn't care less now that he got his money. Keldon's in (fan/media) trade talks and just watched a teammate who was hurt most of the year secure a mega-bag while he signed a contract a little over half that.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I saw Manu and his sons at the game and Manu gotta be the friendliest most patient Spur great. This dude walked to his seat signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone who asked. Once he sat down with his kids, people still came up and I can tell he just wanted to enjoy the game but he still took the pics.