To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX

how-since-when.gif

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Cant wait till the season starts and go back to the frostbank center. Def gonna pick up a Wemby jersey

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Spurs let one slip away Keldon gotta fall back at times

If Victor isn't in foul trouble I feel they win this easily
Most def. He still has to learn the NBA will call the ticky tack shyt, he'll fix the fouls but yes, we win with him on the court. I'd like to see more plays being called for him later in the game. It should've been him and Vassell taking the shots down the stretch.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tonight’s game showed everything we thought about the Spurs.

Naturally, there will be exaggerations and hyperbole. Basketball conversations are full of hot takes.

I thought Wemby showed flashes of his potential greatness. The foul trouble was part immaturity and part bullshyt from the refs.

Vassell can score on anyone, though he forces shots occasionally, especially on some of those threes.

In my view it looks like Sochan has great rebounding instincts but I’m not sure I see a strong defender. And he was drafted as a defense-focused prospect.

I agree with everyone who says the Spurs probably need a true PG. Over the course of the season I’m sure the Spurs will experiment with different ball handlers but it was ugly at times tonight. I’m not sure this gets fixed.

Keldon…I’m not even sure what to say. I love his enthusiasm and he seems like a good motivator. Some questionable decisions with the ball tonight. I don’t want to overreact though.

On one hand, this game could have looked very different had Wemby not been in foul trouble. On the other hand, they nearly beat a solid Mavs team. Not bad for a bunch of guys who won 22 games last season.