:to: says Black Women didn't like him in college

High Art

đź‘‘King of The Salonđź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
I actually beleive it, considering he grew up in a different time period (in the deep south at that) when a lot of black women preferred light skinned men.
I was about to say. A lot of light-skinned dudes, hispanics, and persian dudes were feasting down there while dark-skinned dudes were given the boot often times.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its funny I'm around TOs age and it was the reverse up North. Women were fiending for darkskinned dudes.
Man I really hate the fact that a lot of bw view our skin tone as something that's in and out of style like a fashion trend. Its stupid.

But shout out to TO for sharing his experience. We talk all the time about black women experiencing issues with colorism but its dismissed when ever a black men shares his experience.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its funny I'm around TOs age and it was the reverse up North. Women were fiending for darkskinned dudes.
At first I thought he was cappin and making an excuse, but I had to think about the time period he grew in and Where he was at, and it's not too surprising. :ehh:

Plus U of T @ Chattanooga is not some big time school like Ohio state or Alabama where his athletic skills mightve shielded him a little from getting the :usure: treatment from an AKA soro :mjlol:

Anyway. He probably should've kept this to himself but whatever :yeshrug:

Last edited:

broller

Veteran
Daps
no homo, but i refuse to believe no black women liked him. all types of women like elite athlete brehs. maybe the type of black women he desired didn't like him, but i guarantee some black women liked him.

TO was definitely not your average superstar athlete tho, dude was raised by his grandma growing up and shyt, probably wasn't considered "cool" by any means, but to me his abilities and work ethic to greatness should automatically make him cool to you. whoever these women were, they dumb as hell lol.

Yeah. He said his grandma was hella strict. He couldn't really go out of the house or have kids come to the house much, so he probably wasn't considered cool. Early in his NFL career he was really shy and respectful.

Start at 0:44

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
I want yall to see how your Queens feel about this

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
:yeshrug: You don't have to tell us bro. You like dating white girls, it's cool.

Every black woman he came in contact with didn't like him? He couldn't get NO PLAY from black girls in college. I refuse to believe it, but okay.

jhjjkkjj.png

I wish some #NewBlack, artsy, fu-fu ass nikka painted this exact scene in a Leroy Nieman style and titled it "The Decision." :mjgrin:

#PAWGnacious :wow:

Last edited:

High Art

đź‘‘King of The Salonđź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
:yeshrug: You don't have to tell us bro. You like dating white girls, it's cool.

Every black woman he came in contact with didn't like him? He couldn't get NO PLAY from black girls in college. I refuse to believe it, but okay.

He's probably trying to explain the confirmation bias in which he was approaching relationships with without realizing he had such biases in the first place. His issues growing up, internalizing those comments (he still sort of agrees with them because of how he agrees with those people in the vid), and so on probably created a situation where any time he dated a black women, he felt that she never truly desired him, due to all the issues he had dealt with in the past.

Ultimately, he probably came to the conclusion that black women overall, did not care for him. In fact, he thinks those reasons may have some validity and realized that changing himself would not work so he moved on, instead of being bitter. Instead of being bitter, he shrugged and went with white women, a group he had no personal history with. He's probably trying to explain that he doesn't pedastalize white skin but rather, assumed black women held him in low regard and made him unable to enter into relationships with black women without thinking that he was operating at a deficit within that relationship and that the black woman he was with, would probably want someone lighter.

Basically, he doesn't hate black women, just had an easier time with white women and colorism mindfukked him a bit. :yeshrug:

broller

Veteran
Daps
furthest thing from pawgset but if that's his experience then that's his experience. Dark-skinned brothas are in style and eat well NOW but there was time when some brehs would get teased for being darker and some sistas would flood to lighter skinned brehs. :yeshrug:
I'm sure there were still a few sistas that felt TO it was just that them beckies was throwing the puss at him and he wasn't used to that and loved the enthusiasm dem pawgs showed him.:pachaha:
plus he said he was a late bloomer, chances are if he was NFL Owens in high school/ college then trust sistas would give him time of day but he wasn't.:manny:

True. He said he didn't even start in college until his senior year. And it was just a few games.