TNG: Am I the only one that felt just a lil bamboozled by Worf?

Daps
In his sadistic way, Q was preparing the Federation to deal with the Borg.

been years since I seen it, but I don't remember that being Q's motive. :patrice: didn't Picard say something that made him mad and then he fingersnapped the Enterprise to the other side of the universe?

Kinda true, just imagine if the borg attacked earth and they was NEVER prepared for them?!?! :manny: Q was an a$$hole but he was rooting for us in a twisted sick way...:mjlol:

again, haven't watched in a long time :patrice: but if memory serves me correctly, didn't they admit on that episode that if Q hadn't did what he did, then the Borg never even would have been aware of the Federation for a very long time?

I thought the whole gist was that Q forced the Federation into a conflict that they hadn't evolved to be ready for yet. If the Borg didn't show up for another 1000 years, then chances are that the Federation would have had some new technology and they would have been able to handle them efficiently

as opposed to taking somebody from 1746 with a musket gun and dropping them off in 2018 Syria :hhh:

so again, it was Q's fault that whole thing happened.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
been years since I seen it, but I don't remember that being Q's motive. :patrice: didn't Picard say something that made him mad and then he fingersnapped the Enterprise to the other side of the universe?

again, haven't watched in a long time :patrice: but if memory serves me correctly, didn't they admit on that episode that if Q hadn't did what he did, then the Borg never even would have been aware of the Federation for a very long time?

I thought the whole gist was that Q forced the Federation into a conflict that they hadn't evolved to be ready for yet. If the Borg didn't show up for another 1000 years, then chances are that the Federation would have had some new technology and they would have been able to handle them efficiently

as opposed to taking somebody from 1746 with a musket gun and dropping them off in 2018 Syria :hhh:

The borg was aware of humans but they was slowly making their way towards earth... Q just sped it up it was gonna happen eventually...:manny:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wolf was raise on story telling how Klingons were honorable and noble warrior people that did not engage petty self-servicing politics. but when he got more involve in Klingons society and it politics his idealism of Klingons being noble warrior people was broken. Every story involve the Klingons and wolf from what I remember always deal with the Grey and Gray Morality of Klingons politics.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

Maybe this is too much of alt history, but wouldn’t Janeway still have ended up in the Delta Quadrant? If so, the Borg would’ve found out 5-10 years after NG

Daps
I'm actually surprised more nikkas didn't get in Picards face over the borg incident.

I mean I know he was being controlled but still.... this nikka gave up state secrets and nearly got the federation wiped out. And then took a sabbatical and got reinstated like it was all good.

More nikkas should have been up in arms about that.

Plus if I was Picard, I would have never spoke to Q again. That nikka is the only reason the Borg came sniffing around. Every time Q showed up after that, Picard should have hit him with the
Ef0LEom.png

Go watch the discussion between Picard and Guinan at the end of that episode. If Q didn't do that, the Federation and the entire Alpha and Beta quadrants would've been assimilated. The Federation had "gotten fat" since their treaties with the Romulans and Klingons. That little scare put them to work.

Q was actually fond of humanity in a strange way because he saw their potential if you pay attention to him at the end of "All Good Things" when you take into account what happened to Wesley Crusher leaving with the Traveler.

In the Pocket universe novels, they neatly tie everything concerning the reason and the why behind Borg from the Enterprise TV show (Capt. Hernandez - the female captain of the NX serious ship the Columbia), to the Motion Picture (Vger) to ST:VOY with Janeway.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
One Eyed Martok was my boy....:wow: Damn I miss watching DS9 on channel 11...

It's still on netflix like a bunch of other stuff people forgot. I've been working my way through a re watch for a long time.
Soo much other piff, I can only spare time to watch an episode every week or so.

Great thread BTW TNG and DS9 are the main thing my dad and I bonded over in Middle/High School. I mean reading books, playing the pc games and everything. To this day we fall into conversations like this and get lost.

I started college during "Voyager" and have only watched the movies since. I still have got to finish it and watch "Enterprise" some day.

Last edited:

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
Worf was a Uncle Tom and wanted to be the safe representative of all Kingons to the Federation. Like they didn’t have an empire or houses.

He was also a deadbeat dad, married a broad that used to be a man, and didn’t do jack when she got merked
Jesus I love Star Trek :dead: Can you do more of these for the other characters?

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, she was a Trill. Basically a little alien would take humanoid bodies, and live as them, and retain all of their memories, so the little alien had been several people (men and women) before it was put into Worf's wife Jadzia.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It's still on netflix like a bunch of other stuff people forgot. I've been working my way through a re watch for a long time.
Soo much other piff, I can only spare time to watch an episode every week or so.

Great thread BTW TNG and DS9 are the main thing my dad and I bonded over in Middle/High School. I mean reading books, playing the pc games and everything. To this day we fall into conversations like this and get lost.

I started college during "Voyager" and have only watched the movies since. I still have got to finish it and watch "Enterprise" some day.

Enterprise was :ld: Meh....