TNG: Am I the only one that felt just a lil bamboozled by Worf?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Worf’s character did improve on DS9 but I didn’t like the way he second-guessed Sisko. I never seem him second guessed Picard/Riker. :francis:

He second guessed sisko for good reason, because sisko was a madman who beat up gods and aliens with his bare hands and had no compunction to even kill ..:pachaha:

But sisko let worf know I run shyt here your number 2:demonic:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
/ST Nerd On

You do know that Worf lived with humans since he was a child right? He has a romanticized view of being a Klingon not having lived among them since his parents were killed on Khitomer.

/ST Nerd Off

No. Chosen Trill join with worm-like creature that retains the memories of previous hosts male and female.

He didn't give Jadzia the time of day when Grilka walked her ass on the Promenade. Left that hoe confused at the table.

Worf was on a an emotional roller coaster here :russ:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Worf was a Uncle Tom and wanted to be the safe representative of all Kingons to the Federation. Like they didn’t have an empire or houses.

He was also a deadbeat dad, married a broad that used to be a man, and didn’t do jack when she got merked

That's such an OUTRAGEOUS interpretation of events :russ:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Always talking about Klingons don't do this, Klingons don't do that, Klingons don't bluff, Klingons dont procrastinate.etc etc

Klingons are honorable

And then we finally get to the homeworld, them Klingons was a bunch of backstabbing punks :gucci::francis:

Discuss
i always thought word had a romanticized view of klingons as a result of being raised by humans. it wasnt realistic.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
not even a LITTLE bit :mindblown:

the only thing he had right was that "Klingons have a thirst for battle"

That's literally the ONLY thing he got right :mindblown:
looking back i think worf was just obsessed with honor and wanted to big up his people.

during TNG the writers went overboard with the “klingon honor” shyt. i didnt watch a lot of TOS but i dont think it was a big deal then. they even had to retrocon the klingon cloaking as something they just took from the romulans because apparently camouflage isnt honorable :mjlol:

and apparently the romulans are treacherous. not like those klingons
full

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Always talking about Klingons don't do this, Klingons don't do that, Klingons don't bluff, Klingons dont procrastinate.etc etc

Klingons are honorable

And then we finally get to the homeworld, them Klingons was a bunch of backstabbing punks :gucci::francis:

Discuss
I always thought they kinda used it as a perception vs reality type of lesson and what the real world is like. This was my argument in the worf is a c00n thread. In reality he was the most Klingon of them all lol.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I always thought they kinda used it as a perception vs reality type of lesson and what the real world is like. This was my argument in the worf is a c00n thread. In reality he was the most Klingon of them all lol.
i grew up in a muslim convert family in america and my parents had very idealistic views of the muslim world. like women there are all very chaste and honorable, nobody there is gay, everyday life is less superficial and shallow, people are less consumeristic etc.

then i went there and almost all of it was cap :dead:

so i kinda get where worf was coming from

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
i grew up in a muslim convert family in america and my parents had very idealistic views of the muslim world. like women there are all very chaste and honorable, nobody there is gay, everyday life is less superficial and shallow, people are less consumeristic etc.

Yep that's usually how it goes lol.

Daps

they got thots in Saudi Arabia too? :picard: