TLOU2 sold more than 4m copies in three days. Highest ever PS4 exclusive.

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have never played the first one. Never was interested in it. Same as this one too.

But even I knew this game would sell like hot cakes. Everything else been pushed back...this is a long and I mean long awaited release and folks love zombie movies and zombie games.

So the whole lesbo trans thing wasn't gonna slow shyt down in terms of sales.

In saying that RD1 and RD2 messed me up for good. Them games were so beyond any 3rd person console games I have ever played. That now none of these games even get me interested. I even threw GTA 5 in the trash cause it couldn't compete with RD1.

Outside of making a RD3...only console game that could get me excited would be if cyberpunk was a 3rd person game or they brought back Mercenaries and made it with more realism and new generation graphics.
Imagine skipping tlou 1 &2 for red dead :mjlol:

Definition of hustling backwards.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
The WLF unit where she's from has agriculture and a well-equipped gym.

:mjgrin: You making fun but what you should have asked is why the rest of her team look so :flabbynsick: when they have the resources not to be?
World was ending so she raided GNC and got a lifetime supply of whey protein:mjlol:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas throwing negs because they know cyberpunk gonna crush this shyt
:mjlol:

no I negged you bcuz cyberpunk is almost half a year (5 months) from being released...of course it will be the more popular game then...it was a stupid take for you to quote bcuz it’s ridiculously obvious lol...as for game of the year it’s way too early to say that...if it is a GOTY caliber level game tho then good for me and everyone else who plays it

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
If gamers say they will boycott your game , increase your sale forecast by 25%.

Yep. Pokemon Sword/Shield proved that one in real time. And that was arguably worse than what happened with TLOU2.

nikkas were swearing up and down about how they're gonna boycott the new Pokemon... Only for the games to break records in one week. You gotta love it. :heh:

Ima say this: the gameplay on Abby’s end is much better than on Ellie’s end.

The fights actually become fun because she’s so overpowered but there are way more enemies so there’s still a challenge. Ain’t no point in stealth, I walk into a room and make noise from the jump then it’s fisticuffs and fades one after the next.

Great change in gameplay

Facts. This might be a hot take, but the second half of the game is way better than the first half. Not even because of Ellie being there, but just due to the fact that Abby had to go through so many more dangerous situations that would've killed Ellie, it really upped the ante on the situation. Plus, her being as built as she is, it allowed for a different way of playing.

People get it mixed up, the game isn't humanizing Abby at all or making her "redeemable". If anything, it just puts everyone on an equal playing field and makes it abundantly clear that you can die at any time, so never think everything is sweet. Everyone in some degree here is a villain.

Like imagine being Abby being on that shore, all shrivelled up and desperate to save Lev, and you see the same girl you nearly killed twice a year ago STILL wanting to seek out revenge... completely blood-soaked, hair a mess, and eyes looking deranged. :wtf: Must've been scared as shyt. There's no way you can even remotely call Ellie the hero in all of this, because she threw away everything for revenge and threatened to killed Lev just to make sure Abby fought her (Abby didn't even want to anymore).
My game crashed twice on that part. Had to watch over multiple times :unimpressed:

:mjlol:

Someone at Sony was like:

tenor.gif

"You didn't like the scene? Just for that, now you gotta sit there and watch it multiple times. :ufdup:"

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know one thing for sure, the outcry if LOU2 won GOTY would be fukking hilarious lol

(if Cyberpunk manage to pull off what they’re attempting I can see them snagging it tho)

Edit: this made me look up if the first one won GOTY...it was beaten by GTA 5

tenor.gif

Edit 2: nevermind I didn’t realise the winner is decided through public vote, don’t see LOU2 winning over CP at all with the current state of TLOU’s fan base lol

Last edited:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The level of petulance and bad faith arguments in TLoU discussions has strengthened my resolve for wishing its absolute success. Everyone is lamenting the brutality and alleged premature death of Joel. However, the more intruiging aspect most aren't examining, is the hollowed ending which leaves Ellie alone. Which as we know had been her biggest regret & doesn't provide a satisfying ending. As her inability to finish Abby showed both her maturity but it came at the cost of everything -- including whatever little respite she had. The game doesn't attempt to get Abby sympathy, she's called a piece of shyt by her own team mates. Her actions in the end are selfish attempt to attone which cost her own faction. Of course discussing this would call for both nuance and some critical analysis -- most of which people would rather ignore. Instead people are parroting, assuming and arguing from the perspective of white male gamers. Abby's physicality which was an important element of her character is somehow an attack on femininity. The most embarrassing thing through all this is the contingent of Black gamers playing to this tune. Tyrone Magnus and YoungRippa are worthless waste of spaces. One of the most asinine arguments I've heard. One has built his entire platform on capitalizing on the alleged counter culture and riding a wave. This game is far from perfect but its nothing short of good.

EDIT -- Did these fakkits not hear Abs was the TOP killer amongst WLF. A militia band that not only overthrew FEDRA but had militaristic ethoes. One of which was a dedicated gym and training. Things which Abby was huge one even back as a teenager. LMAO, gamers are a worthless breed.
My thoughts exactly especially with the white male perspective. Geek culture is heavily dominated and influenced by White men and a lot of people who partake in it are White male identified. That's why you see a lot of non-White geeks echo complaints about "SJWs", diversity/inclusion and other issues that only White men would have problems with.

I'm happy this game is doing numbers because I would like to see more developers take leaps and chances with the narratives in their games instead of playing it safe.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know one thing for sure, the outcry if LOU2 won GOTY would be fukking hilarious lol

(if Cyberpunk manage to pull off what they’re attempting I can see them snagging it tho)

Edit: this made me look up if the first one won GOTY...it was beaten by GTA 5

tenor.gif

Edit 2: nevermind I didn’t realise the winner is decided through public vote, don’t see LOU2 winning over CP at all with the current state of TLOU’s fan base lol

It's making the cut at the shows off critical acclaim alone. CP might be able to take it based on recency even if it's not outright better, especially if it gives players the story they "want" :mjgrin: don't let CDPR fly their "agenda" flag tho.