TLOU2 Factions officially cancelled

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Horrendous output from Naughty Dog.

Horrible.:birdman:

Factions being canceled, UC4 MP being ass compared to 2 and 3. Just a shyt show all around. Instead of just giving players a simple arena based MP game, they decided they wanted to make sure you can feel the emotions of Elly's post tomboy transition rage in a heartfelt thriller that didn't fukking matter.

I'm going to throw my PS5 out of my basement window!!!

fukk you Naughty Dog, fukk YOU fukk YOU fukk YOU!!! You have ruined my life!!!
iu
I know u trolling but u gotta admit this news does suck. Factions was fun as hell.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Way I see it, if they go the generic route, it’ll be a generation of learning lessons the hard way until they get back to where they need to be.

Tbh, I feel like TLoU's gameplay especially the way faction worked (iirc, it was already kinda like counterstrike/siege in a lot of modes) already differentiated itself.

It just seems like overambition from Sony and ND. They wanted to spin it off and people's expectations went through the roof, especially with the concept art. nikkas were seemingly expecting ND's version of DayZ

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All these guys had to do was give us the same multi-player as the first game with the updated graphics and gameplay smh

Shoulda never tried that GAAS bullshyt. It's a farce.

Maybe they bring buck multi for TLOU3 and use what they created on that.

But this is definitely an L for ND. :yeshrug:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
:yeshrug:PlayStation desperately needs some multiplayer games.

Fingers crossed the new Twisted Metal is Black levels. That is lowkey the one. fukk that horizon MP game. People don't even play Dauntless like that and Monster Hunter is not slowing down with western releases. Between that, Dragons Dogma 2 (if it does well), they're already facing good comp.

Twisted Metal is unique enough and gives the opportunity for some amazing synergy IP wise while still allowing them to go hard on story, graphics and gameplay

And tbh, I actually kinda have a hard time judging ND for this. It really seems like the overdoing was more Sony but who knows; I'm just assuming off all the other GAAS games and shyt like Horizon quickly going into that. Basically Sony tryna take their biggest IPs and hope they nail something to either inspire or boost up the other games they have on the way.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Fingers crossed the new Twisted Metal is Black levels. That is lowkey the one. fukk that horizon MP game. People don't even play Dauntless like that and Monster Hunter is not slowing down with western releases. Between that, Dragons Dogma 2 (if it does well), they're already facing good comp.

Twisted Metal is unique enough and gives the opportunity for some amazing synergy IP wise while still allowing them to go hard on story, graphics and gameplay

And tbh, I actually kinda have a hard time judging ND for this. It really seems like the overdoing was more Sony but who knows; I'm just assuming off all the other GAAS games and shyt like Horizon quickly going into that. Basically Sony tryna take their biggest IPs and hope they nail something to either inspire or boost up the other games they have on the way.
:yeshrug:I don’t know about Twisted Metal it’s one of those IPs. That people ask for but wouldn’t buy if released. I mean it happened in 2012 and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened again. I’m not opposed to it though maybe the tv show can bring new players to the IP.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
:yeshrug:I don’t know about Twisted Metal it’s one of those IPs. That people ask for but wouldn’t buy if released. I mean it happened in 2012 and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened again. I’m not opposed to it though maybe the tv show can bring new players to the IP.

Yeah, because the 2012 sucked lol. And there were much better first party PS3 multiplayer games. There's not a lot of first party multiplayer games on the PS5; it's actually damn near the only platform without them outside of them owning Destiny 2 now and maybe GT?

I think that has way more flexibility and capable than turning Horizon into a super cartoonish multiplayer game

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
They would either have to turn into a live-service game studio like Bungie , or keep making single player games. They chose right .

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:bryan:Read between the lines of that shyt, Sony told em it had to be GaaS and they didn’t wanna do it. Regardless of Bungie , if Naughty Dog wanted it or had real leadership they could’ve told Sony to fukk off it’s not a GaaS game and dropped it.

Worst case scenario they could’ve tooled up with a small - med sized dev team with key legacy people steering the ship to support this.