TLOU2 Factions officially cancelled

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huge L, massive waste of time and resources. Hopefully they can transfer their assets over for a TLOU3. But holy shyt they have been a mess all generation.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Horrendous output from Naughty Dog.

Horrible.:birdman:

Factions being canceled, UC4 MP being ass compared to 2 and 3. Just a shyt show all around. Instead of just giving players a simple arena based MP game, they decided they wanted to make sure you can feel the emotions of Elly's post tomboy transition rage in a heartfelt thriller that didn't fukking matter.

I'm going to throw my PS5 out of my basement window!!!

fukk you Naughty Dog, fukk YOU fukk YOU fukk YOU!!! You have ruined my life!!!
iu

Last edited:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
:dead:

Sucks because the multiplayer in TLoU1 was up there. Translated well to MP. That high school level could get tense. Unfortunately, the writing was on the wall with it as much as a few people tried to deny it.

Curious to see how Sony's GAAS plan actually fares. Bungie doesn't seem in the best space to launch Marathon and that weird ass gummy bear game. Jade Raymond is seemingly launching an extraction shooter with a generic theme late as hell.

Sucks because they had a lot of fun and wild shyt on PS3. The motorstorms, MAG, war/Starhawk, TLoU multiplayer etc

I'm figuring the sudden and rapid horizon expansion into MP and supposedly an MMO is gonna fall the same way (especially if the MP keeps that shift in art style into cartoonish, kinda chibi shyt).

Might as well just make genshin clones since the audience seems to love that weird gacha shyt

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
When do you think they’ll show the new ip they’re working on?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They chose the single player experience over online multiplayer :blessed:
Did they? Or did the multi-player game just not come together like they planned so it got canceled? I don't buy they got that deep into development and had a crisis about being a studio that makes live service games.

If the plan was to ever make this game there was a plan to support it as well.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Did they? Or did the multi-player game just not come together like they planned so it got canceled? I don't buy they got that deep into development and had a crisis about being a studio that makes live service games.

If the plan was to ever make this game there was a plan to support it as well.

They literally said it themselves

So, we had two paths in front of us: become a solely live service games studio or continue to focus on single-player narrative games that have defined Naughty Dog's heritage.

And then immediately follow it up by saying they have two big single player games planned. (TLoU3 and the rumored Sci-Fi game)

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:dead:

Sucks because the multiplayer in TLoU1 was up there. Translated well to MP. That high school level could get tense. Unfortunately, the writing was on the wall with it as much as a few people tried to deny it.

Curious to see how Sony's GAAS plan actually fares. Bungie doesn't seem in the best space to launch Marathon and that weird ass gummy bear game. Jade Raymond is seemingly launching an extraction shooter with a generic theme late as hell.

Sucks because they had a lot of fun and wild shyt on PS3. The motorstorms, MAG, war/Starhawk, TLoU multiplayer etc

I'm figuring the sudden and rapid horizon expansion into MP and supposedly an MMO is gonna fall the same way (especially if the MP keeps that shift in art style into cartoonish, kinda chibi shyt).

Might as well just make genshin clones since the audience seems to love that weird gacha shyt
Way I see it, if they go the generic route, it’ll be a generation of learning lessons the hard way until they get back to where they need to be.