Tired of Hollyweirds obsession with making all black male characters gay...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It takes away from our masculinity. Explained this in another thread today. Media images compounded over time change social perception. Despite black people being oppressed socially, were still viewed as the most desirable sexually. People are trying to change that narrative. It's consciously done, but I'm debating if it's being done systemically...

While I think media representation is important, there is no parity. It's black gay man after black gay man. Kinda sad there's a segment of the population who going along with it wholesale, because it's not being done to empower it's being done to lowkey ridicule. Hopefully the black gay community realizes that it's not being done to celebrate them.
Exactly

like I’ve said before there is literally a war against straight black, masculine men.

Its like weak minds are starting to believe it. Im in black relationship groups on FB and whenever a woman is pissed at a black man she go straight to questioning his sexuality in a public forum... so much to the point where I actually check them on it now.

But then it’s them that want the gay best friend or the gay black dude always around.

I see that shyt irl, on reality shows now (always got to be a gay black man somewhere), and now In hollyweird almost every other show. And if the have one straight/masculine black man it has to be offset by a gay one

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Looks like we found a supporter of this bullshyt...

had to be one. Not trying to offend you gay breh
I don't support or hate it.
I just don't care about things that don't affect my life.
Stop bytching and go make a difference p*ssy.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yea it's just a cheap way to include minorities and gay people without having to bring in 2 actors, it's getting tired tho and it's insulting to Black and gay people.
I guess this is a possibility as well.

but then why not include a gay black woman and kill 3 birds with one stone as well (Black, gay, and female).

nah, i think its still mainly an agenda against straight black men. Notice how there is not even a little push to make gay black women a thing even though there are a couple shows with them in it.

Daps
It’s not just Netflix...I was watching Amazon’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel a show about a rich Jewish chick in the 50s who takes a foray into comedy. So not expecting many black people. Cool. They finally introduce a Black male character, a popular singer, in the 3rd season and guess what his little secret is. :snoop:

fukking sick of this shyt.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
wait, this guy is gay?

He was a talking head/panelist in the media for years. Think I remember features about his family (wife and kids). Did he wake up one day and realize he was gay?
Yeah, I remember during Traevon he was all up in Lawrence O'Donnell, but if you saw him in a panel it was pretty obvious he is very effeminate. So when he talked about wife and kids I would raise an eyebrow. lol
He is the most corny and obvious columnist to, not a fan.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It’s not just Netflix...I was watching Amazon’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel a show about a rich Jewish chick in the 50s who takes a foray into comedy. So not expecting many black people. Cool. They finally introduce a Black male character, a popular singer, in the 3rd season and guess what his little secret is. :snoop:

fukking sick of this shyt.
Idk why but this post had me :pachaha:

I do like titus and breh from sex Education though