Tip on Breakfast Club..sounds jaded

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the irony is that q-tip had one of these tirades as well.

thats the thing. tip was never even as popular as jeezy. thats why this whole tip/dmx comparison is laughable.

tip isnt seeing a prime dmx in any technical category. theres no comparison between these two at all. tip is a borderline legend at best.

tip being a defining figure of his era is like basically the equivalent of grading on the curve. tip couldnt even blow up until after the bar was lowered.

i used to like tip. thats besides the point.

tip was never anywhere near as big as dmx, and hes certainly not the lyricist that a prime dmx was. i dont even listen to tip for lyrics. he doesnt impress.

:manny: don't know what to say bro cuz I don't know how u came to that conclusio...id say the exact opposite,lyrically I never wuz impressed by dmx as a lyricist...liked his delivery and content for a short period before it got stale to me...ti on the other hand I do listen to just to see what he will bring lyrically

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
the irony is that q-tip had one of these tirades as well.

thats the thing. tip was never even as popular as jeezy. thats why this whole tip/dmx comparison is laughable.

tip isnt seeing a prime dmx in any technical category. theres no comparison between these two at all. tip is a borderline legend at best.

tip being a defining figure of his era is like basically the equivalent of grading on the curve. tip couldnt even blow up until after the bar was lowered.

i used to like tip. thats besides the point.

tip was never anywhere near as big as dmx, and hes certainly not the lyricist that a prime dmx was. i dont even listen to tip for lyrics. he doesnt impress.

Shiit I came here thinking this would be different from SOHH, I guess not.

Are you seriously saying that TIP has never been as popular as jeezy? Are u fukkin serious? Jeezy is my dude and he almost reached the level as 50 with the trapordie/101 hype but my nikka...my fukkin nikka...are u seriously ignoring T.I.'s run? What you kno about that, bring em out, asap, 3 kings, top back, 24s were all songs that could easily go down as best southern club/street songs ever. This nikka single-handily took the crown as king of the south and stepped on the biggest name out there, lil flip, while doing it.

TIP easily is one of the best ever to come out the south and has had a momentum that made jeezys look like a couple of days. Come on brah, dont do that to urself.

DMX, on the other hand, thats my mothafukkin nikka. I love DMX music and bumped its dark til the cd overheated (i was suprised myself), BUT DMX is not better than TI in the lyrical, flow, and technicality category.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:childplease: @ the bolded.

tip has no classics. he has 2 memorable albums. thats it. the rest are duds.

he didnt push the envelope at all for a southern mc. there were plenty of southern mcs that were out either before him or with him, that were better.

lol @ mentioning tip in the same breath as dmx.

Chill b...the DMX comparison is apt

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Shiit I came here thinking this would be different from SOHH, I guess not.

Are you seriously saying that TIP has never been as popular as jeezy? Are u fukkin serious? Jeezy is my dude and he almost reached the level as 50 with the trapordie/101 hype but my nikka...my fukkin nikka...are u seriously ignoring T.I.'s run? What you kno about that, bring em out, asap, 3 kings, top back, 24s were all songs that could easily go down as best southern club/street songs ever. This nikka single-handily took the crown as king of the south and stepped on the biggest name out there, lil flip, while doing it.

TIP easily is one of the best ever to come out the south and has had a momentum that made jeezys look like a couple of days. Come on brah, dont do that to urself.

DMX, on the other hand, thats my mothafukkin nikka. I love DMX music and bumped its dark til the cd overheated (i was suprised myself), BUT DMX is not better than TI in the lyrical, flow, and technicality category.

the bolded is all that needs to be said. meanwhile, tip never even had a movement. he never got the type of love that jeezy got.

fendi_mane

Banned
Daps
:huhldup:TI never got the love Jeezy got? Maybe not where yall are from but TI career is looking kind of :flabbynsick: at this point and that nicca still running sh1t in the A.

fendi_mane

Banned
Daps
jeezy had a movement. tip was just a popular rapper.

tip aint running the A. stop lying.

:rudy: Who is then? Go to a club when TIP is supposed to be there and come back and talk to me. If you really want to keep it G, I went to the album release party for TM101 and then the release party for King.... TM101 was the hottest album in the streets and the parties didn't compare, TI RUNS SH!T!

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
:rudy: Who is then? Go to a club when TIP is supposed to be there and come back and talk to me. If you really want to keep it G, I went to the album release party for TM101 and then the release party for King.... TM101 was the hottest album in the streets and the parties didn't compare, TI RUNS SH!T!

Yeah TIP still the nikka in the city.

Perry J. Perrywinkle III

Back From Job Corpse
Daps
the parties pop depending on where the girls go. i can think of plenty of shows that niccas attended just to get some gush gush.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I was at the Velvet Room this past Sunday when TI was hosting and the whole damn city was out.

TI that nikka in the A.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
TI was never "that nikka" in the south...the closest he came to it was when he killed Flip and Urban Legend's singles were killing the club, Motivation, ASAP, U Dont Know Me were all the biggest shyt out...but he had that for about 4 to 5 months, cause when Jeezy dropped in late 04/early 05 it was over..that nikka had a movement and TI was really just another hot rapper. Even during the King era Jeezy was still that dude.

In 06-08, Wayne took that torch and ran with it and Tip fell off with the release of TI vs Tip and came back strong after he killed Shawty Lo's career and dropped Paper Trail..even then Gucci Mane was bigger artist (streetwise) in the south. To compare TI's "run" with DMX's is stupidity, Tip eventually lasted longer but at their peaks it's not close, X was bigger than Jay-Z for a good 2 years.