Timbaland Produced A Biggie Track With A.I.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Figgie.
MOSHED-2023-5-4-8-58-4.gif

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I can't even say shyt cuz if Hitboy, Mustard or whoever come out with some new Hussle, I'm downloading :hubie:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Please don't compare this to Drake making Aaliyah songs. Aaliyah never knew Drake. Timbaland and Biggie were at least in the same orbit due to the Missy connection.
:mjlol: Drake worked w/ Swizz who worked with Jay who worked with Biggie. Same orbit :troll:

same shyt man. It's no different from all those posthumous remixes where biggie or pac have people like nelly, TI, cash money, Game, eminem etc. on they songs

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This shyt feels like before sampling was made expensive. Someone is going to do this with a white artist and they are going to get sued to high heaven

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Drake worked w/ Swizz who worked with Jay who worked with Biggie. Same orbit :troll:

same shyt man. It's no different from all those posthumous remixes where biggie or pac have people like nelly, TI, cash money, Game, eminem etc. on they songs

I'm talking about when Biggie was actually alive.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
As someone who grew up on BIG's music and understood how great Timbo was when he really cemented himself in the game (96-97)...this is sorta like a dream come true

The closest we got to having BIG on a Timbo beat was BIG writing for Kim on the song Money Talks

BIG's flow was water, I can only imagine him in 98-00 getting peak Timbo beats...imagine him on Big Pimpin, You Owe Me, Is That Your Chick, Hot Boyz (Missy), and Hey Papi :picard:

Especially on Swizz beats tracks too

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:mjlol:

Now Timothy don't you go and give Puffy any ideas. I can see it now:

Puffy: So after consulting with Big's family we decided to do a new album based on Biggie's secret rhyme book. We are going to call it "Life After Digital". LOL (Puffy I want that check if you use that title, lol)

Anyways. It was aiight I guess. AI songs are going to happen but they are soulless because we already know it's AI. I also don't like how they are making these artist mash up songs of rappers doing other rappers songs. AI Biggie did not sound right doing "NY State of Mind" because his flow and NaS's flows are vastly different. Look clearly technology has been used in music for decades. The problem with this song isn't that beat as Tim bass lines always knock. It's that Biggie's pen game and flow is why he's a genius. Whoever Tim had AI-write those bars didn't cut it. It felt like they were trying to hard to "Sound" like Big but the flow wasn't there.

That's my issue. People with a weak pen should never even think of doing anything with Big's vocals. I don't want to hear your weak bars with an AI Big's voice. As for Tim living out if Big's Collabo dreams. That's cool for fun but he was talking like he wanted to release it. We'll see if Puffy and Big's family approves it. They did have Biggie doing a Virtual Concert. As someone mentioned, "Money Talks" which was Lil' Kim featuring Junior Mafia was released in Summer 97 just 4 month after Big's died so Biggie was close to working with Timbaland. "Why you lookin at me" also was released in 97 so Big was close to working with the Netptunes too.

The reason Big didn't work with Timbaland or the Neptunes was they were still up and coming at that time. They haven't quite broken through yet. I feel Tim kinda did with the Aaliyah and Ginuwine albums. But Neptunes weren't fully on the radar yet. It was a matter of time I guess. Again this AI stuff isn't slowing down but nobody can duplicate Biggie. So using your weak rhymes in Biggie's voice isn't it. Also if Timbaland really wanted to work with Biggie he should have got on "Born Again" or "Duets". His protégée/co-producer Danja did a Biggie beat over very rare lyrics that many people didn't hear at the time.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Now Timothy don't you go and give Puffy any ideas. I can see it now:

Puffy: So after consulting with Big's family we decided to do a new album based on Biggie's secret rhyme book. We are going to call it "Life After Digital". LOL (Puffy I want that check if you use that title, lol)

Anyways. It was aiight I guess. AI songs are going to happen but they are soulless because we already know it's AI. I also don't like how they are making these artist mash up songs of rappers doing other rappers songs. AI Biggie did not sound right doing "NY State of Mind" because his flow and NaS's flows are vastly different. Look clearly technology has been used in music for decades. The problem with this song isn't that beat as Tim bass lines always knock. It's that Biggie's pen game and flow is why he's a genius. Whoever Tim had AI-write those bars didn't cut it. It felt like they were trying to hard to "Sound" like Big but the flow wasn't there.

That's my issue. People with a weak pen should never even think of doing anything with Big's vocals. I don't want to hear your weak bars with an AI Big's voice. As for Tim living out if Big's Collabo dreams. That's cool for fun but he was talking like he wanted to release it. We'll see if Puffy and Big's family approves it. They did have Biggie doing a Virtual Concert. As someone mentioned, "Money Talks" which was Lil' Kim featuring Junior Mafia was released in Summer 97 just 4 month after Big's died so Biggie was close to working with Timbaland. "Why you lookin at me" also was released in 97 so Big was close to working with the Netptunes too.

The reason Big didn't work with Timbaland or the Neptunes was they were still up and coming at that time. They haven't quite broken through yet. I feel Tim kinda did with the Aaliyah and Ginuwine albums. But Neptunes weren't fully on the radar yet. It was a matter of time I guess. Again this AI stuff isn't slowing down but nobody can duplicate Biggie. So using your weak rhymes in Biggie's voice isn't it. Also if Timbaland really wanted to work with Biggie he should have got on "Born Again" or "Duets". His protégée/co-producer Danja did a Biggie beat over very rare lyrics that many people didn't hear at the time.

Timbaland was definitely on by 1997 because of the Ginuwine and Aaliyah work. He was in Devante's camp, which Puff and Big were around.

The Neptunes had produced "When Boy Meets Girl" on Total's debut, which is probably their first credit as The Neptunes.

The sounds were too new and at the time, it wasn't nobody rapping over Neptunes and Timbaland.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Timbaland was definitely on by 1997 because of the Ginuwine and Aaliyah work. He was in Devante's camp, which Puff and Big were around.

The Neptunes had produced "When Boy Meets Girl" on Total's debut, which is probably their first credit as The Neptunes.

The sounds were too new and at the time, it wasn't nobody rapping over Neptunes and Timbaland.

Yeah I remember the Total record again they were still young then. But Neptunes being on Total and Ma$e albums shows that they would have eventually worked with Big. They were both on but they weren't Mega Super Producers "Timbaland" and "Neptunes" just yet. That's why Tim is so heartbroken he didn't get to work with Biggie. He was so close and he knows it. It's true that the sound was new and unique at the time. I definitely felt by Missy's album Timbaland really exploded and started getting placements everywhere. It like after the Aaliyah and Ginuwine albums got his name ringing but the Missy album was huge for his career. And Neptunes blew with the Mas$e and Nore records but had R&B placements before that. Both of them were on Puffy's radar which is why they were on Total's and Ma$e debuts. I feel they both would have worked with Big if he lived past 97. Here's a Biggie mashup over a Neptunes beat. He would have sounded dope over Tim and Neptunes because of his flow specially.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I remember the Total record again they were still young then. But Neptunes being on Total and Ma$e albums shows that they would have eventually worked with Big. They were both on but they weren't Mega Super Producers "Timbaland" and "Neptunes" just yet. That's why Tim is so heartbroken he didn't get to work with Biggie. He was so close and he knows it. It's true that the sound was new and unique at the time. I definitely felt by Missy's album Timbaland really exploded and started getting placements everywhere. It like after the Aaliyah and Ginuwine albums got his name ringing but the Missy album was huge for his career. And Neptunes blew with the Mas$e and Nore records but had R&B placements before that. Both of them were on Puffy's radar which is why they were on Total's and Ma$e debuts. I feel they both would have worked with Big if he lived past 97. Here's a Biggie mashup over a Neptunes beat. He would have sounded dope over Tim and Neptunes because of his flow specially.

There's a story that Missy says Biggie pulled her to the side and told her how dope SWV's "Can We" was. Although, it's an R&B song, I could definitely hear Biggie flowing on it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I listened back to this song. If Timbaland wanted to A.I. Biggie, the song above at least sounds like something Biggie would've made. It's a dark storytelling song with comedic relief with a surprise ending. The response from lines like "you know dead rappers sell more than everybody" and "the way that it's going down you would think I was signed to Suge" would be crazy to see how people responded and the bit about Timbaland not flying since Aaliyah died and the not so subtle diss and double entendre to Timbaland with "he can't do a hit, he need to stick to 'Hey Papi" would've been even crazier.