The Chi (South Side)

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I've said it before, I'll say it here.

Comic films hit the boom period like comic books did in the 90's.

Everybody started putting out these hologram, chrome covered, die cast gate fold cover comics and folks were thinking their copy of Annex number 1 was gonna put them through college cause Harbinger was 800 dollars or whaterver (family members still try to scheme me out of my older collection, shyts prolly worth 200 bucks collectively)

Comics industry collapsed under it's own weight, like everything does.

The Comic book film industry is gonna collapse under its own weight before Infinity War 2 even comes out cause of the same shyt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, i would rep this but :mjcry:. I have been telling people that exact same thing for a while majority of the x-men weren't created to be anything other than being a member of a team and it works wonderfully because they each complete one another and you can give them all their own shine without having to worry about it effecting the image of the other members of the team like it does in the JLA (looking at you Batman). That frank miller miniseries with those covers:wow: made wolverine my favorite character but he can do solo movies because his background was shrouded in mystery and you introduced brand new characters through him like alpha flight and give him his own rogues gallery. Those fights between him and sabertooth during the mutant massacre arc :banderas:. You are right days of the future past should of been about kitty instead of wolverine and mystique aka Katniss Everdeen. Storm as a solo movie could work but lifedeath 1 and 2 only hold that emotional resonance because you saw her with her powers and how low the loss of them brought her. Seeing her raise again is what makes it a beautiful story, as a sequel maybe but not for the first one. Take this Dap through Breh:salute:

Nah, you're right. They need to establish Storm's character more before doing Lifedeath. That story worked because we saw her with her powers, shining and being a key player. The movies treat Storm like such an afterthought that there would be zero emotional impact from her getting de-powered there. I could see a loose adaptation of that story involving Forge working out, if they maybe had her get her powers back in the end after finding herself, forgiving Forge, working out a solution together.

But this is why I've been saying for the longest that X-men would work better as a big-budget TV series. That way they could delve into representing the classic stories more accurately, fleshing out more of the characters, and having a revolving door system with their roster. IMO Bishop and Gambit don't have enough going for them in terms of substance (or classic stories of their own) to warrant their own movies--but they could definitely be dope as a part of an ensemble. They could do the occasional spotlight episode on certain characters (Storm, Cyclops, Havok, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, etc). They could send the whole team to the Savage Land or the Mojoverse for an episode if they wanted to. They could bring in the Starjammers if they wanted to. The possibilities would be endless :blessed:

Everybody started putting out these hologram, chrome covered, die cast gate fold cover comics and folks were thinking their copy of Annex number 1 was gonna put them through college cause Harbinger was 800 dollars or whaterver (family members still try to scheme me out of my older collection, shyts prolly worth 200 bucks collectively)

The Comic book film industry is gonna collapse under its own weight before Infinity War 2 even comes out cause of the same shyt.

I don't know if it's gonna happen that early or not, but you're right that this bubble's getting ready to burst soon. I'm just holding onto the hope of a good F4/X-men reboot before the market crashes and burns.

Semi-related: the 80's were lowkey the GOAT decade for American comics (or at least the big 2). Frank Miller Daredevil, John Byrne F4, Kraven's Last Hunt, Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, God Loves Man Kills. :wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
i always wondered why its always kitty pryde instead of shadowcat anytime shes refered to

also its a horrible idea

the shadowcat name never stuck. I think it's because she was introduced when Teen Titans was the biggest thing in comics and she was introduced by her name before they stuck her with a "code name".

stuff like "Sprite" and "Ariel" didn't stick neither.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

It won't collapse until something newer and fresher that is complimented by the big screen/huge FX replaces it. Nothing really like that on the horizon.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i always wondered why its always kitty pryde instead of shadowcat anytime shes refered to

also its a horrible idea
its a running joke in the X-Men books about her having a bunch of different codenames.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps

Yo, i complete agree with this and i have been pondering about this myself. They are over-saturating the market with all of these comic book movies and eventually they are going to start seeing diminishing returns. Everybody forgets that the movie industry goes through cycles too where a particular genre is on top for a little while before it disappears. Sci-Fi movies of the eighties were all the rage, you get robocop, terminator, aliens, blade runner, E.T. ect. before they stopped selling before that it was detective movies of the 70's and before that westerns of the 60's. After infinity war 2 i see this shyt hitting the wall because dc and marvel will be having a movie coming out almost every other month and that is just going to cause fatigue most of these people are not comic book fans like that, they have no connection with the characters other than that looks cool and wouldn't care either way if a character got a film or not.

You know what the sad thing about comic books is besides some of the shyt story telling is that marvel did not learn from the 90s and is starting to do all that cover shyt all over again.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yo, i complete agree with this and i have been pondering about this myself. They are over-saturating the market with all of these comic book movies and eventually they are going to start seeing diminishing returns. Everybody forgets that the movie industry goes through cycles too where a particular genre is on top for a little while before it disappears. Sci-Fi movies of the eighties were all the rage, you get robocop, terminator, aliens, blade runner, E.T. ect. before they stopped selling before that it was detective movies of the 70's and before that westerns of the 60's. After infinity war 2 i see this shyt hitting the wall because dc and marvel will be having a movie coming out almost every other month and that is just going to cause fatigue most of these people are not comic book fans like that, they have no connection with the characters other than that looks cool and wouldn't care either way if a character got a film or not.

You know what the sad thing about comic books is besides some of the shyt story telling is that marvel did not learn from the 90s and is starting to do all that cover shyt all over again.
People been predicting the comic book movie bubble bursting for like 5 years now. If there is nothing to replace it shyt will keep going.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Nah, you're right. They need to establish Storm's character more before doing Lifedeath. That story worked because we saw her with her powers, shining and being a key player. The movies treat Storm like such an afterthought that there would be zero emotional impact from her getting de-powered there. I could see a loose adaptation of that story involving Forge working out, if they maybe had her get her powers back in the end after finding herself, forgiving Forge, working out a solution together.

But this is why I've been saying for the longest that X-men would work better as a big-budget TV series. That way they could delve into representing the classic stories more accurately, fleshing out more of the characters, and having a revolving door system with their roster. IMO Bishop and Gambit don't have enough going for them in terms of substance (or classic stories of their own) to warrant their own movies--but they could definitely be dope as a part of an ensemble. They could do the occasional spotlight episode on certain characters (Storm, Cyclops, Havok, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, etc). They could send the whole team to the Savage Land or the Mojoverse for an episode if they wanted to. They could bring in the Starjammers if they wanted to. The possibilities would be endless :blessed:

I don't know if it's gonna happen that early or not, but you're right that this bubble's getting ready to burst soon. I'm just holding onto the hope of a good F4/X-men reboot before the market crashes and burns.

Semi-related: the 80's were lowkey the GOAT decade for American comics (or at least the big 2). Frank Miller Daredevil, John Byrne F4, Kraven's Last Hunt, Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, God Loves Man Kills. :wow:

The tv format would honestly work better for teams like the x-men or the legion of superheroes because of all the moving parts. The late 70s- early 90's was the goat era of story telling. Claremont x-men, Miller Daredevil/wolverine, F4 trail of reed richards, spiderman kraven's last hunt but also maximum carnage, swamp thing, Flash the return of barry allen, COIE, Secret Wars, Venom appearing, Death in the Family, Judas Contract, legion of superheroes darkness saga, i mean it was a magically time.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The tv format would honestly work better for teams like the x-men or the legion of superheroes because of all the moving parts. The late 70s- early 90's was the goat era of story telling. Claremont x-men, Miller Daredevil/wolverine, F4 trail of reed richards, spiderman kraven's last hunt but also maximum carnage, swamp thing, Flash the return of barry allen, COIE, Secret Wars, Venom appearing, Death in the Family, Judas Contract, legion of superheroes darkness saga, i mean it was a magically time.
The problem is TV effects won't do the powers justice. Someone would have to be willing to spend movie money on a TV series on some GoT type shyt.