Tim Miller Developing Solo ‘Kitty Pryde’ Movie at Fox

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how I feel about this. Kitty Pryde is one of the GOAT X-men in the comic books, but I don't think she can carry a movie by herself. The X-men work best as a team, and more importantly, a family. The movies really need to start focusing more on the "family" aspect and the team dynamic. Most of these characters don't work as solo heroes, and we're more invested in their interactions and relationships among other members of the group. (Wolverine's friendship with Nightcrawler and rivalry with Cyclops, Kitty's romance with Colossus and friendship with Storm, Rogue's romance with Gambit, Cyclops' romance with Jean Grey, etc)

I don't think that there are any X-characters outside Wolverine and Deadpool who are really poppin' enough to carry a whole film by themselves (nope, not even Gambit. Gambit works best as as supporting character IMO, I'll be very surprised if his solo movie actually gets made and is actually well-recieved).

The only thing I can think of in regards to Kitty Pryde is an X-men movie based on "Demon", where Kitty was stuck in the mansion by herself fleeing a stray N'Garai Demon while all of the other X-men were away. It's a longshot (no pun intended), but really, it just looks like they're spinning their wheels at this point in case the Disney deal somehow falls through. IMO the X-men can't come to the MCU soon enough. We're long overdue for some actual costumes.

EDIT: Another option is to make Kitty the POV character in a live action X-men series featuring all the rest of the mutant heroes (much like she was when she first appeared in the comics).

latest

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how I feel about this. Kitty Pryde is one of the GOAT X-men in the comic books, but I don't think she can carry a movie by herself. The X-men work best as a team, and more importantly, a family. The movies really need to start focusing more on the "family" aspect and the team dynamic. Most of these characters don't work as solo heroes, and we're more invested in their interactions and relationships among other members of the group. (Wolverine's friendship with Nightcrawler and rivalry with Cyclops, Kitty's romance with Colossus and friendship with Storm, Rogue's romance with Gambit, Cyclops' romance with Jean Grey, etc)

I don't think that there are any X-characters outside Wolverine and Deadpool who are really poppin' enough to carry a whole film by themselves (nope, not even Gambit. Gambit works best as as supporting character IMO, I'll be very surprised if his solo movie actually gets made and is actually well-recieved).

The only thing I can think of in regards to Kitty Pryde is an X-men movie based on "Demon", where Kitty was stuck in the mansion by herself fleeing a stray N'Garai Demon while all of the other X-men were away. It's a longshot (no pun intended), but really, it just looks like they're spinning their wheels at this point in case the Disney deal somehow falls through. IMO the X-men can't come to the MCU soon enough. We're long overdue for some actual costumes.

EDIT: Another option is to make Kitty the POV character in a live action X-men series featuring all the rest of the mutant heroes (much like she was when she first appeared in the comics).

latest

some people are assuming the idea is that kitty would be teamed up with lookheed and pete wisdom, but without MI:13, i dont see how that could work

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Whats with all this softball side character shyt, venom? Ok hes a villian i can live with that. Gotham sirens? Meh but we were already introduced to a live action Harley. Gambit, Batgirl, now kitty pryde? who has asked for any of this :why: this is how comic book fatigue takes shape

ozzy

Pro
Daps
Director Tim Miller tapped to lead X-Men spin-off Kitty Pryde

9fee556f90054ed11847a0f2e0197885--kitty-pryde-ellen-pagejpg.jpeg

Deadpool director Tim Miller has reportedly been tapped to take charge of an X-Men spin-off movie about mutant superhero Kitty Pryde.

The filmmaker is in negotiations with studio bosses at 20th Century Fox to build a film around Pryde, also known as Shadowcat, the youngest member of the X-Men crew, who can change her body’s chemical make-up to pass through solid substances – a power known as ‘phasing’.

Casting details have yet to be released, but the character was previously portrayed onscreen by Sumela Kay in the first X-Men movie back in 2000, before Katie Stuart stepped into he role in 2003’s X2

Ellen Page most recently played Pryde in X-Men: The Last Stand in 2006 and X-Men: Days of Future Past in 2014. It’s not yet known if she will be offered the chance to reprise the role for the standalone movie.

According to Collider.com, the project was being developed at Fox before studio chiefs signed off on the merger with Disney in December. It’s unclear if the deal will affect the Kitty Pryde plans, as Disney officials are also keen to reunite the X-Men with fellow Marvel characters The Avengers in future superhero blockbusters.

Director Tim Miller tapped to lead X-Men spin-off Kitty Pryde

they are doing Storm dirty