Tim Miller Developing Solo ‘Kitty Pryde’ Movie at Fox

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Yeah, I'm just not sure Kitty Pryde is an interesting enough character to deserve a solo movie. And does she even have a backstory? All I know is that she dated Colossus. :patrice:

But I'll give it a chance.

Kitty's backstory is bascially she is a middle class jewish girl from chicago, the suburbs of chicago at that. I have the issue of her first appearance besides the x-men's conflict with the hellfire club over her she doesn't really have a backstory worthy of a movie unless they plan on doing some sweet sixteen bullshyt with her.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The X-men don't really need a whole bunch of solo movies. They're not the Avengers or the Justice League. Most of the Justice League and the Avengers were originally solo characters with their own books, their own stories, their own villains, etc. The majority of the X-men were designed to function as a part of the group. Kitty Pryde is a classic character, one of the goat X-men, and a huge part of many of the best X-men stories in the comics, but I don't think any of the mutants or affiliated characters really need their own films save for Wolverine and Deadpool. Wolverine for example has had a number of legit classic stories and runs centered entirely around him which have stood the test of time (Especially the original Frank Miller miniseries and Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X)

But really, the teamwork and (more importantly) the family aspect are what makes X-men work. The writers at Fox can't be so scared to balance an ensemble.

If they have to make a solo Kitty movie, I'd be fine with an adaptation of the original "Demon" story (where she was trapped in the X-mansion with that N'garai monster by herself). Other good candidates for solo movies include Magik (the Storm and Ilyana miniseries), Storm (Lifedeath I and II), or Cyclops and Jean Grey (the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix). Either way, they're better off making ensemble movies focused on the whole team IMO.

Since we're on the subject of Kitty Pryde though, I'm gonna be real. Days of Future Past should have been about her, or at least featured her character more prominently. Kitty was the one who that story was really about. She was the person who went back in the comics, not Wolverine, or Bishop (Bishop's character wouldn't even be created for another ten years).

Breh, i would rep this but :mjcry:. I have been telling people that exact same thing for a while majority of the x-men weren't created to be anything other than being a member of a team and it works wonderfully because they each complete one another and you can give them all their own shine without having to worry about it effecting the image of the other members of the team like it does in the JLA (looking at you Batman). That frank miller miniseries with those covers:wow: made wolverine my favorite character but he can do solo movies because his background was shrouded in mystery and you introduced brand new characters through him like alpha flight and give him his own rogues gallery. Those fights between him and sabertooth during the mutant massacre arc :banderas:. You are right days of the future past should of been about kitty instead of wolverine and mystique aka Katniss Everdeen. Storm as a solo movie could work but lifedeath 1 and 2 only hold that emotional resonance because you saw her with her powers and how low the loss of them brought her. Seeing her raise again is what makes it a beautiful story, as a sequel maybe but not for the first one. Take this Dap through Breh:salute:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
CTHU Kitty Pryde tho? I'll shelve this next to Gambit. The X-Men can't carry solo movies; other than Wolverine, Storm or Rogue have the most there for movies. Unfortunately, FOX never really figured out that the team-dynamic is what makes them work.

I will say that Bishop or Gambit have the most potential for a series.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Her name is Kitty Pryde and it's 2018
levels!
dQjbbAp.png