TikToker Calls Out Former Cracker Barrel Coworkers For Their Secret 'Code Word' For Black People

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
A former hostess at Cracker Barrel alleged in a TikTok video that other servers used a code wordwhen referring to Black patrons at the restaurant.

Cracker Barrel is a Southern country-themed comfort food restaurant and store chain based in Tennessee with many of its locations found near Interstate Highway exits in the Southeastern and Midwestern United States.

The chain has long been accused of racism and has a shameful history of firing LGBTQ+ employees.

Kimmie, a.k.a. TikToker @cinnamnhoney, wrote in the caption:

"A waitress used to complain SO MUCH if i sat 'canadians' in her section & i was so confused bc i thought canadians were stereotyped as nice."
In the accompanying video, she revealed the word "Canadian" was code for Black people at the restaurant.

kimmie on TikTok

The text overlay for the clip–which had been viewed over 235,000 times since it was posted on March 6–read:

“Me, a hostess at Cracker Barrel, wondering how every employee knew a table was full of Canadians even though they didn’t have a telling accent."

Other TikTokers shared their experiences suggesting there is inherent racism in the service industry in the U.S., especially at Cracker Barrel.

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

Canadians huh?

:mjpls:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
lmao and people really called me out on here for not going to this awful restaurant:mjlol:
yeah all restaurants can be called racist but a restaurant with the name cracker barrel whose name is directly related to slavery and has made no effort to change the name will never get my money
if you're black and go to cracker barrel you're lost
never set foot in there and never will :umad:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
:ohhh: caccer barrel is racist ?!

no shyt :stopitslime:

but those commenters are saying they hear this at different restaurants they’ve worked at . Some of them said all the restaurants .
Y’all gone address that or stay on Cac barrel , some shyt we already knew?

I never worked as a server or none and didn’t know they got codenames for us …
no more tips, :yeshrug: