TikToker Calls Out Former Cracker Barrel Coworkers For Their Secret 'Code Word' For Black People

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
This isn’t a Cracker Barrell thing. I’ve been in the restaurant industry off and on for a decade. This is just, generally speaking, how servers feel about Black folks.

Another thing, if you ever worked extensive time in the back of the house of a restaurant, you wouldn’t be as empathetic as people generally are with servers and the tipping system. This is one of the most entitled occupation groups there are.
I still don't get it, all they do is deliver food, why TF are they so concerned with tips. Then you got workers at applebee's and olive garden thinking people will give them $500 for a soup and salad combo.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I still don't get it, all they do is deliver food, why TF are they so concerned with tips. Then you got workers at applebee's and olive garden thinking people will give them $500 for a soup and salad combo.

It's US tipping culture. We say we tip for their service, but it is not expected to tip people in other service based industries for their service. It really is about feeling "bad" for people because their employer is paying them $2/hour. But this culture is so far up its own ass it won't clearly state that.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
It's US tipping culture. We say we tip for their service, but it is not expected to tip people in other service based industries for their service. It really is about feeling "bad" for people because their employer is paying them $2/hour. But this culture is so far up its own ass it won't clearly state that.
:dead: so i am being duped into thinking someone working as a server/bartender is being taken advantage of and I have to cover their wage essentially? All while the workers feel like they are doing god's work.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
How you working a bullshyt waiter job and still have the audacity to be racist?
Imagine living in a country tailor-made for your people to succeed and you not only still fail at it, but you have to serve the "undesirables" as well :heh:

And these are the people yall swear deserve a tip just for breathing :mjlol:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Hate this fukkin place. It reeks of :mjpls:

And I don't mean to come across as an elitist but I make $140k a year. How the fukk are you going to look down on me because I'm black? shyt makes no sense.
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s basically a corporate subsidy paid by the public. That’s it. The other part is if you paid servers $15 and didn’t have tips as part of the culture, these people would be getting less money anyway so they need to stop their bytching.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
A former hostess at Cracker Barrel alleged in a TikTok video that other servers used a code wordwhen referring to Black patrons at the restaurant.

Cracker Barrel is a Southern country-themed comfort food restaurant and store chain based in Tennessee with many of its locations found near Interstate Highway exits in the Southeastern and Midwestern United States.

The chain has long been accused of racism and has a shameful history of firing LGBTQ+ employees.

Kimmie, a.k.a. TikToker @cinnamnhoney, wrote in the caption:

"A waitress used to complain SO MUCH if i sat 'canadians' in her section & i was so confused bc i thought canadians were stereotyped as nice."
In the accompanying video, she revealed the word "Canadian" was code for Black people at the restaurant.

kimmie on TikTok

The text overlay for the clip–which had been viewed over 235,000 times since it was posted on March 6–read:

“Me, a hostess at Cracker Barrel, wondering how every employee knew a table was full of Canadians even though they didn’t have a telling accent."

Other TikTokers shared their experiences suggesting there is inherent racism in the service industry in the U.S., especially at Cracker Barrel.

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

@cinnamnhoney/TikTok

Canadians huh?

:mjpls:

Blacks are also stereotyped as people who don’t tip lol and that plays into the whole thing as well

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Blacks are also stereotyped as people who don’t tip lol and that plays into the whole thing as well

Other cultures dont have these problems..
Asians are terrible tippers, but because they have their own cultural restaurants serving themselves they dont ever need to walk into a Cracker Barrel or Dennys and endure racism from cacs.
Im still amazed at the insistence to dine with cacs and keep their businesess afloat with billions in Black dollars.