TikTok is urging users to call Congress about a looming ban

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He didn’t miss it, he’s just a fukking retard who doesn’t care.

Banning Facebook would do far more
Good than banning tik tok
Fukk you, idiot. I didn't say don't ban Facebook. All of the social media giants are double-edged swords: you can use it to get a message out, but so can the opps. And they can control the algorithms. We had safe options in Mastodon and Tribal, but everyone wants the clout and bells and whistles of TikTok. Nothing changes.

Daps
Fukk you, idiot. I didn't say don't ban Facebook. All of the social media giants are double-edged swords: you can use it to get a message out, but so can the opps. And they can control the algorithms. We had safe options in Mastodon and Tribal, but everyone wants the clout and bells and whistles of TikTok. Nothing changes.
:mjlol:Be dumb brehs. "safe options".

Just another dumbass who thinks being contrarian makes you smart, mind you I don't even fukk with social media other than insta for food recipes

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
full

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
but the question I have is why didnt the u.s. govt ban tik tok years ago when they had the chance?!? :what: why they let it fester and grow here??? what the chinese checks aint good enough anymore???

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Being able to send a message directly to 170 million people is real power.

If they can get 1 million people to call, hell, if they can get 300,000 people to call congress, they won.
The real reason they want this banned is because anti trust legislation in America has been aggressively eroded. Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Microsoft, etc. Do NOT want to compete because it forces them to take their profits and reinvest them in hiring and retaining staff instead of stock buy backs. CEO compensation would have to go down and they wouldn't be able to keep artificially inflating the company's value if they are forced to compete with a viable alternative.

They don't want to make better products or improve their services. They just want more money by rigging the economy so that consumers have less options. Congress has enabled them for too long because it's filled with people who want to get paid more than they want to do their jobs.

The problem would be solved if data brokerage was banned and social media platforms were prohibited from storing user data. If they did that though, Facebook and Twitter would lose billions

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
If it were truly about the data, they wouldn't be selling Facebook data to China😂

My feed literally has no Russian or China propaganda :why:
I mean, it's all algorithm driven. It's not gonna suggest anything off the wall unless you're prone to that content in the first place.

Ideas arent the problem. I personally engage with all types of shyt I don't agree with or know is patently false. The problem is the compounding of certain types messaging with people who are already either, on the fence or lack critical thinking or easily influenced. And I'm not even saying people shouldn't be exposed to certain messages or media, the problem is it compounds into an echo chamber of one type of narrative, from content creators who are:
  • Driven by profit
  • Driven by ideology and aren't peer-reviewed (so they can say things that aren't false without recourse)
  • Driven by pushing misinformation deliberately
The platforms should have to have a reasonable amount of accountability for how this information proliferates because it sows societal discord.

Daps
We ain't taking guns from crazy people, but we will fukk up all these folks little video fun they having........ and people cheering for this dumb shyt backing themselves into a corner....... the next move is gonna cut even deeper. Cutting access to information and tech ain't never been the wave