Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness | Official Trailer | Netflix

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a real life “game of thrones” in the cat world and Carol is definitely winning. I haven’t finished yet but she knows how to play the game

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
And this arrow-pointing only happens because the documentary makers don't actually follow through on a lot of things.

They dedicate a whole episode to Don's disappearance but they clearly build the narrative around the possibility of Carole murdering him. It's already been mentioned but they barely highlight the strange decisions on Don's life like burying gold and cash, or those little trips he takes to Costa Rica all the time. shyt, didn't they even mention flying undetected by radar at some point? No follow-up about any of these things though.

Hell, they have the one guy who claims Don told him a day before disappearing that he's planning something and if he can pull it off, he's a genius. The show touches upon these moments but doesn't investigate deeper, only focusing on the evidence that feeds the murder narrative.

Another good example is the restraining order Don was trying to get for Carole. Any real reporter would have followed up on that and try to get a deeper look into their relationship. But this doc doesn't investigate, it just interviews people and lets people with clear personal involvement (and personal stakes) create narratives the makers never bother to challenge critically.

My point being that this doc is so incredibly high on sensationalism and so little on actual investigative journalism that I wouldn't take anything presented here at face value.

Havent even seen more than one episode and that's the impression I got the way people talk about it. Definitely sounds like they're very selective about the information they present to people.

I'm an oldhead from the CourTV days and they were notorious for this shyt. Because why focus on facts when you can create your own Hollywood storyline with selective cuts? Just like Jodi Arias, that case should have been over in a week.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way Carol's husband was not a drug mule. Dude was doing all the things this drug mule guy that talked to our criminology class was doing. This dude was stashing money the same way and was paranoid of everyone. Even the side chick, where his possible connect was. Unscheduled flights and everything. Maybe himshe killed maybe not, but he was doing dirt and that "maintenance guy" knows it. Probably used the animals themselves to dispose of some bodies.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Havent even seen more than one episode and that's the impression I got the way people talk about it. Definitely sounds like they're very selective about the information they present to people.

I'm an oldhead from the CourTV days and they were notorious for this shyt. Because why focus on facts when you can create your own Hollywood storyline with selective cuts? Just like Jodi Arias, that case should have been over in a week.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Can you explain what you mean by this?

She was the OBVIOUS murderer. IMO they stretched out the case for attention and they knew they had all the elements to get it. Attractive woman, nude pics, murder, a psycho willing to lie in anyone's face about what she did, etc. Most media trials have at least some ambiguity about guilt.

Adding a little more, a lot of DAs, lawyers, cops, etc latch onto these cases because they know they can use the profile to elevate their careers and get promoted, get book deals, TV shows, etc. Some of them even have their ghost authors following them around while they're investigating :scust:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
She changed the will that shortly after he went missing. She did that shyt. I have only seen up to ep 3 though so :hubie:
Yeah the will change is the big red flag. Plus who laughs off being accused of murdering their husband?

Im on episode 4 and this is hilarious. Joe dropping a diss track, and now this new clown Lowe. Lowe will be played by will ferrell for sure

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
THAT NEW EPISODE WAS LIKE ONE OF THOSE GAYASS ROUNDTABLE INTERVIEW SHOWS THEY HAVE AT THE END OF A REALITY SERIES

AND THE INTERVIEWER WAS CORNY AS HELL, CRACKIN FORCED JOKES THAT KEPT FALLIN FLAT

I EXPECTED MORE, BUT I SHOULDA KNOWN THEY WAS JUST MILKIN AN ALREADY COMPLETE SERIES..WEAKSAUCE

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Jeff and his boys are straight weasels. How the actual hitman free but joe isnt.:mjlol:

And imagine doing business with that fat guy sfter he tells you he's a federal informant

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
THAT NEW EPISODE WAS LIKE ONE OF THOSE GAYASS ROUNDTABLE INTERVIEW SHOWS THEY HAVE AT THE END OF A REALITY SERIES

AND THE INTERVIEWER WAS CORNY AS HELL, CRACKIN FORCED JOKES THAT KEPT FALLIN FLAT

I EXPECTED MORE, BUT I SHOULDA KNOWN THEY WAS JUST MILKIN AN ALREADY COMPLETE SERIES..WEAKSAUCE
They cut away from any of Joel McHale's jokes fast as hell because they clearly were not landing. :deadrose:

Only interesting bit to come out of this entire episode was the TV show director saying Joe is actually afraid of tigers and lions. For the rest it was basically just a hit piece on Joe by everyone involved.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
They cut away from any of Joel McHale's jokes fast as hell because they clearly were not landing. :deadrose:

Only interesting bit to come out of this entire episode was the TV show director saying Joe is actually afraid of tigers and lions. For the rest it was basically just a hit piece on Joe by everyone involved.
That producer is a meth head and clearly full of it too. Several times we see Joe with a bunch of tigers in the cage. Joe wasnt scared even when he was getting his foot bit and had to shoot to scare it away

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How the hell can two straight men just fall in love with a gay guy? I mean not that it matters but it’s not like he had many redeeming qualities either way