Tia Mowry files for divorce after 14 years of marriage

Daps
since i have shyt to do tonight, i'll go ahead and save this colibreh from further embarassment that tends to happen when you just repeat dumb shyt. dr dre also had a prenup that was upheld.

i think men get confused and think a prenup necessarily means that you give the other person little to nothing. well.... that can happen as it did here where she was probably not desperate to marry and as i have seen proclaimed repeatedly on thecoli.com "men don't care about a womans finances :skip:". ok well that line of thinking is probably how tia ends up with the upper hand here. but a lot of people with means will actually agree to provide for the ex in the prenuptial agreement, and that is exactly what dr. dre did and that is exactly what the court enforced :yeshrug:

Dr. Dre and Young signed a prenuptial agreement in 1996, before their marriage. The prenuptial agreement stated that any property acquired in both of their names would be community property (equally split during a divorce). For the rest of the property, the spouse that purchased or received that property would keep it. The prenuptial agreement also stated that Young did not waive the right to spousal support.

Throughout the divorce proceedings, Young contested the prenuptial agreement and claimed it was signed under duress....However, according to the prenuptial agreement itself, it could only be amended or terminated through writing, and there was no evidence of such writing.

Dr. Dre wanted any distribution of property to be controlled by the prenup, while Young claimed that Dr. Dre owed her half of his $1 billion estate and $2 million in spousal support a month. The court upheld the prenuptial agreement. Accordingly, Dr. Dre will pay Young a total of $100 million in two installments as a part of their property settlement agreement, while he has an estimated net worth of $820 million. She will not receive any alimony.

tldr: we want prenup.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
since i have shyt to do tonight, i'll go ahead and save this colibreh from further embarassment that tends to happen when you just repeat dumb shyt. dr dre also had a prenup that was upheld.

i think men get confused and think a prenup necessarily means that you give the other person little to nothing. well.... that can happen as it did here where she was probably not desperate to marry and as i have seen proclaimed repeatedly on thecoli.com "men don't care about a womans finances :skip:". ok well that line of thinking is probably how tia ends up with the upper hand here. but a lot of people with means will actually agree to provide for the ex in the prenuptial agreement, and that is exactly what dr. dre did and that is exactly what the court enforced :yeshrug:

Dr. Dre and Young signed a prenuptial agreement in 1996, before their marriage. The prenuptial agreement stated that any property acquired in both of their names would be community property (equally split during a divorce). For the rest of the property, the spouse that purchased or received that property would keep it. The prenuptial agreement also stated that Young did not waive the right to spousal support.

Throughout the divorce proceedings, Young contested the prenuptial agreement and claimed it was signed under duress....However, according to the prenuptial agreement itself, it could only be amended or terminated through writing, and there was no evidence of such writing.

Dr. Dre wanted any distribution of property to be controlled by the prenup, while Young claimed that Dr. Dre owed her half of his $1 billion estate and $2 million in spousal support a month. The court upheld the prenuptial agreement. Accordingly, Dr. Dre will pay Young a total of $100 million in two installments as a part of their property settlement agreement, while he has an estimated net worth of $820 million. She will not receive any alimony.

So his wife got exactly what the prenup promised?? Interesting

Daps
“Nowadays everybody want to talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And mfers act like I forgot about Dre” :ohhh:
:dead:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
My cousin that's in a bad marriage sent me a text about some ost this chick made complaining about nobody in her DM's trying to holla. :mjlol:

This nikka send me angry ass shyt from social media about women cause he hates his wife.:mjlol:

nikka got 3 daughters with the bih too.
It’s expensive for a regular 9-5 nikka to get a divorce. Let him vent in peace bytch nikka

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas

My bad :yeshrug: I followed the story initially when talks of a judge attempting to ignore the pren up when young didnt mention it in the initial divorce filing. Even to the extreme of saying that Dre ripped it up in an act of Love.