TI getting his soul snatched by ludacris on STOMP after trying to 'cool j' him appreciation thread

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Tip was a ho for going at Flip. And Scarface was wack too. Talking about he never seen Flip when there were pictures of them floating around the net.

Flip was only saying what everybody was thinking. How you the King of the South and you barely on two albums? And neither of those albums really had a major impact like that to warrant that level of arrogance. That was disrespectful to Face, UGK, Outkast and them.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Luda is looked at as the funny nikka, the nikka who can rap, but you don't take seriously, because he didn't take himself seriously for his first four albums.

While tip made hood songs, mixed in with personal music straight out the gate. You can tell tip took his music seriously.

By the time Luda made runaway love it was to late, nikkas had been waiting for Luda to talk about something in his music.

Luda might be a better Mc, but it don't matter cause he ain't talk about shyt.

Same thing with em, and Busta like the nikka spliz said. They can rap they ass off technically, there exciting and funny but you don't give a fukk, cause they never had content. Busta been out forever, I don't know anything about this nikka.

This is why Luda is done and tip is still around.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
T.I. has more hits than you think. It's pretty debatable. According to XXL, T.I. has 20 Billboard Hot 100 hits as a solo artist and that's only up until 2010 (source: http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2010/11/ti-by-the-numbers-how-many-times-did-he-do-this/). Out of the 20, these were in the Top 10 on the Hot 100:

Whatever You Like #1
Live Ya Life #1
Dead And Gone #2
Swagger Like Us #5

What You Know #3
Big Things Poppin #9

It's the same amount of Top 10's that Luda's had:

Runaway Love #2
Money Maker #1
Stand Up #1
Splash Waterfalls #6
Move B**** #10
How Low #6

Having Rihanna on a song guarantees that you'll break the top 10. Same for Justin Timberlake.

Swagger Like Us had Kanye, Jay-Z, and Wayne all on the song. Of course it would break the top 10.

db81

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would prolly like to hear Luda "freestyle" over an instrumental before TIP, maybe. Cuz Luda is funny and entertaining . But TIP is the better rapper hands down. Trap Muzik alone gives him that. Also, There ain't one Ludacris song that remotely come close to "I'm talking to U" not to mention emotional songs like "I still love U". Luda made good singles for the time but he isn't even taken seriously

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
tip's catalogue isn't any better than luda's.

lets be real.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Having Rihanna on a song guarantees that you'll break the top 10. Same for Justin Timberlake.

Swagger Like Us had Kanye, Jay-Z, and Wayne all on the song. Of course it would break the top 10.

1) Neither changes the fact that those are hit songs

2) Big names do not guarantee success. For example, The Game had a single with JT and the song flopped. Wale had a song w/ Gaga and it flopped. How many of those Khaled songs w/ all star guests have been Top 10's?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't know about the movies? Negro, Luda is a major character in the Fast and the Furious series :wtf:

On top of that, he was in Max Payne, Gamer, RockNRolla, Crash, Hustle & Flow. Luda even doing romantic comedies (New Year's Eve, No Strings Attached) and he don't even look out of place. You buggin.

Read the post. I was talking about Post- 2005. And no, I couldn't remember every movie that they were in.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You missed out Pimpin All Over The World.

Nah Luda has significantly more in the 10-30 range on the Hot 100. IMO as low as 30 is realistically a hit. 20 big hit. Top 10 is a smash. Damn near every single Luda released from his first 4 to 5 albums went no lower than #30.

Yeah, I missed "Pimpin"", but these are songs (I'm not sure if it's all of them) that were Top 30 or better (in addition to The Top 10's I already listed:

What's Your Fantasy
Pimpin' All Over The World (this was also a Top 10 peaking @ #6)
Southern Hospitality
Area Codes
Roll Out
Saturday
Get Back
Number One Spot
One More Drink
My Chick Bad

T.I.:

Rubberband Man
Bring Em Out
U Don't Know Me
Why U Wanna
Top Back
Remember Me
That's All She Wrote

^^^ Ludacris has more hits, but it isn't the landslide that it was made out to be.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I remember the exact place I was at when I first heard Luda spit that verse on Stomp. I think Greg Street played it first and everyone was just standing around like :ohmy:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Luda is looked at as the funny nikka, the nikka who can rap, but you don't take seriously, because he didn't take himself seriously for his first four albums.

While tip made hood songs, mixed in with personal music straight out the gate. You can tell tip took his music seriously.

By the time Luda made runaway love it was to late, nikkas had been waiting for Luda to talk about something in his music.

Same thing with em, and Busta like the nikka spliz said. They can rap they ass off technically, there exciting and funny but you don't give a fukk, cause they never had content. Busta been out forever, I don't know anything about this nikka.

The fact that ludacris didn't rap about serious/real shyt was the only thing you could say about him..
- he had hits
- hot features, and killed remixes
- sold records

"b-bu-but you aren't rapping about serious topics and that's why i don't like your music :lupe:"

Then he made Release Therapy, wins 2 grammys, Money Maker was a #1 hit Runaway Love was a #2 hit... but that part never happened.

Ludacris is "done" (Which he clearly isn't) cause he realized that the objective is to make money.

Fast 5 and Fast 6 both made over $600 Million, he's got his own liquor and headphones....and even when he "fell off" he's still making money off 2Chainz :russ:

Who would you rather be right now, Ludacris :hula: TI

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
The fact that ludacris didn't rap about serious/real shyt was the only thing you could say about him..
- he had hits
- hot features, and killed remixes
- sold records

"b-bu-but you aren't rapping about serious topics and that's why i don't like your music :lupe:"

Then he made Release Therapy, wins 2 grammys, Money Maker was a #1 hit Runaway Love was a #2 hit... but that part never happened.

Ludacris is "done" (Which he clearly isn't) cause he realized that the objective is to make money.

Fast 5 and Fast 6 both made over $600 Million, he's got his own liquor and headphones....and even when he "fell off" he's still making money off 2Chainz :russ:

Who would you rather be right now, Ludacris :hula: TI

Who said I didn't like Ludacris, Luda was dope, I always just preferred tip's albums more because I liked his content more

Luda is a dope ass rapper, he mudered probably 100 features, but he still never had content

And Luda is done musically

Him making money off of headphones, liquor, movies and 2chanz doesn't' negate the fact that no one is checking for his music.

My post also said it seemed like Luda didn't have content until four or five releases down the road, release therapy was his 5th album, where he finally had some content on his album. So I never alluded that it didnt happened, it just happed later in his career.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dead on. I don't know one of my nikkas who bought a Luda album. Luda sold his albums to kids and women. Not taking away from his skills as an MC though. It's just people didn't really take him serious due to his content.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Who said I didn't like Ludacris, Luda was dope, I always just preferred tip's albums more because I liked his content more

Luda is a dope ass rapper, he mudered probably 100 features, but he still never had content

And Luda is done musically

Him making money off of headphones, liquor, movies and 2chanz has nothing to do with him being done musically.

My post also said it seemed like Luda didn't have content until four or five releases down the road, release therapy was his 5th album, where he finally had some content on his album. So I never alluded that it didnt happened, it just happed later in his career.

He did have content, but the only quip people had about him was that he wasn't making albums with a majority of deep songs they could relate to....or it wasn't constantly on some street shyt that they saw around them and could connect to.

him making lighthearted shyt, with humorous videos to match didn't sit right with people who wanted some super gangsta shyt in the early 2000's.