Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Familiar Wife will be my last romance drama for a long while.

These types of shows should not be 16 episodes. There's not enough external story or drama besides the romance to carry a story. On episode 11 now and I'm becoming restless because these characters have been around for too long and the tension has faded.

I would say, that this show is Hi, Bye Mama executed properly. It still suffers from the genre its in but a much better show than Hi, Bye Mama

:hhh:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Just finished my name.
the chick got stabbed so many times in the final fight and was still alive. Must be some bullshyt knives

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Just finished my name.
the chick got stabbed so many times in the final fight and was still alive. Must be some bullshyt knives

Breh, I was sitting there like :sadcam::lupe: just waiting for her to fall over and not get back up when she was walking off.

Marathonned My Name in 3 days. :whew:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Just finished Vincenzo overall dope show :wow: But on second thought it like a 7 out of 10.. Sort of cheesy at times and plus the tone of the people never matched with what was really going on. It should have been more dark and cut a lot of the over the top comedy.

The writing when ole girl got shot and when the brother got killed was weak and uncharacteristic. That was the main flaw. And damn is Korea that corrupt or the dramas go overboard on every show :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just finished Vincenzo overall dope show :wow: But on second thought it like a 7 out of 10.. Sort of cheesy at times and plus the tone of the people never matched with what was really going on. It should have been more dark and cut a lot of the over the top comedy.

The writing when ole girl got shot and when the brother got killed was weak and uncharacteristic. That was the main flaw. And damn is Korea that corrupt or the dramas go overboard on every show :dwillhuh:

this. All of this. This is why I don’t recommend it.

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I think everyone has different interests. I'm all for espionage/spy stuff. But I also enjoy the romantic comedies/slice of life stuff.
IRIS (netflix)
City Hunter (dramacool)
Squid Game (netflix)
Dr Romantic 1/2 (dramacool/viki)
5A-D
A) Doctor Stranger (dramacool/viki)
B) The K2 (netflix)
C) It's Okay Not to Be Okay (Netflix)
D) Crash Landing On You (Netflix)

Honorable Mentions:
Start Up: Started off great, but after midway, fell off a bit on writing, still solid, 3.5/5 mics (Netflix)
Itaewon Class: Great casting/comeuppance story (Netflix)
Lovestruck In The City: Hilarious, 30 min episodes (Netflix)
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha: Still airing, but enjoying it so far, it's hilarious and making a case to break my T10 list (Netflix)
Police University: Still airing, but good mystery/comedy/romance (Viki)
Taxi Driver: Real G shyt (Viki)
A Gentleman's Dignity: A hilarious coming of age series about 5 best friends in their late 30s/early 40s ( I can relate since I'm in my early 30s) (Viki)
Suits: The Korean version is G shyt. Jang Dong-Gun (Iris, A Gentleman's Dignity ) kills it as the Korean Harvey Spectre (Netflix)
Kill It: Child Assassin falls in love while plotting revenge (Viki)
Come and Hug Me: Psychopath Killer released from jail, goes back to psycho ways--Tries to get son to follow in his footsteps (Viki)
D.P.: Dude in army tracks down deserters (Netflix)
Descendants of The Sun: Dudes in the Army doing G shyt (Netflix)
Beyond Evil: G shyt (Netflix)
Signal: G shyt (Netflix)
Stove League: Ousted GM takes over struggling Pro Baseball team (Viki/Dramacool)
Healer: normal dude being a neighborhood hero (Viki/Dramacool)
Watcher: Cops doing G shyt (Viki/Dramacool)
Uncanny Counter: Kid becomes defender of people trying to cross to the afterlife (Netflix)
Vagabond: Big Espionage shyt (Netflix)

Ones I liked most may not
WWW: Search: Fictional Google vs. Yahoo battle, some romance/slice of life stuff (Viki)
Penthouse 1/2/3: Over the top dramatic shyt, also Ju Dan Tae is the GOAT K drama villain) (Viki)
Sky Castle: Similar to Penthouse, rich people problems (Viki/Dramacool)
Once Again: Family drama, normal family problems (Viki)
Fight For My Way: MMA fighter trying to make it to the big leagues, with a side of romance and shenanigans (Viki/Dramacool)
Wacko At Law (Taiwan): Genius lawyer with rare neurological disorder causes havoc in legal world (Viki)
My Roommate Is a Gumiho: 999 year old fox trying to become a human (Viki)
While You Were Sleeping: Rookie lawyer teams up with girl that can see events before they happen to prevent them from happening (Viki)
Sisyphus: Girl from the future travels back in time to stop nuclear holocaust (Netflix)
Last: Dude goes from being wealthy as fukk to broke, fights his way up the underground homeless fight club (Netflix)

Ones others ITT in this thread like but I didn't care for
Vincenzo: Korean lawyer turned consigliare for the italian mob, had a lot of potential IMO but they tried to make it something it shouldn't have been--comedy (Netflix)

Stuff I have in my queue but haven't started yet
Reply 1988 (Netflix)
Uncontrollably Fond (Viki)
Wok of Love (Viki)
The Devil Judge (Viki)
The Road: Tragedy of One (Viki)
Times (Viki)
Awaken (Viki)
The Gentleman of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop (Viki)
Rich Man, Poor Woman (Viki)
Welcome To Waikiki S2 (Viki)
Untouchable (Viki)

Should be enough to keep you occupied for a year lol.

Sites:

www.viki.com (free but w/ ads. Premium is $9.99/mo--May get some brownie points if you sub and start watching with the wife.)
Dramacool | Asian Drama, Movies and Shows English Sub Full HD (quality/subs may be wonky, but its free, no ads)

Hope this helps sir, welcome to the chaos :blessed:

here you go.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

It’s a 9/10 nicca and we ain’t accepting anything less:stopitslime:

It was straight the way it was, it NEEDED the humor to tone down a lot of the dark shyt.

Cuz it got where it needed to get at the right moments.

Also the villain Jang Jun-woo / Jang Han-seok was Top 5 KDrama villain:ufdup:

Sidenote…. Watching Lawless Lawyer. Dope so far

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
It’s a 9/10 nicca and we ain’t accepting anything less:stopitslime:

It was straight the way it was, it NEEDED the humor to tone down a lot of the dark shyt.

Cuz it got where it needed to get at the right moments.

Also the villain Jang Jun-woo / Jang Han-seok was Top 5 KDrama villain:ufdup:

Sidenote…. Watching Lawless Lawyer. Dope so far

fell short for me. But then again, grain of salt since I’m an IRL lawyer.