MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Red Shoes

:whoo:

On episode 7, 50 more to go

:skip:

These soap operas are great to study from but I'm not going to study this language, won't have a use.

I was interested in learning Korean but they have too many sounds. :wow: Even after all this time watching Korean content I can't pick out shyt they say and it's too hard to pronounce.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I was interested in learning Korean but they have too many sounds. :wow: Even after all this time watching Korean content I can't pick out shyt they say and it's too hard to pronounce.

Watching all of these Korean shows made the pronunciation easier but when I went back to Japanese I was like ???

Biggest reason for me not to learn it is the writing system.

:hhh:

Ks become Gs
Ts become Ds without a certain symbol.

Tteokbokki is トッポッキ in Japanese, simple thanks to Katakana. I don't even know how to say this in Korean.

Bi bim bap... you would think the first "bi," is a b, but no it is a p.

:what:
----
Ordered the 1 Litre of Tears book set off of Amazon Japan and will get into those this weekend. Been slacking on my writing so I'll be doing that too.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
Watching all of these Korean shows made the pronunciation easier but when I went back to Japanese I was like ???

Ks become Gs

Tteokbokki is トッポッキ in Japanese, simple thanks to Katakana. I don't even know how to say this in Korean.

:what:
----
Ordered the 1 Litre of Tears book set off of Amazon Japan and will get into those this weekend. Been slacking on my writing so I'll be doing that too.

the korean to english romanization system is fukked up and inconsistent.

tteokbokki = ddukbokki which is definitely closer.. "dduk-boke-gi"

bibimbap doesn't start with a p. it's bee-beem-bop

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
the korean to english romanization system is fukked up and inconsistent.

tteokbokki = ddukbokki which is definitely closer.. "dduk-boke-gi"

bibimbap doesn't start with a p. it's bee-beem-bop

My ears must be jacked up breh.

Just gave it a YouTube and I'm hearing a p here still.

3:08

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Ks become Gs

:whew: Yeah, that sounds stressful, glad I chose Japanese instead. I'm even starting to get a feel of when 連濁 happens.

Reached level 20 of wanikani and got an email saying I should be able to start reading at a third graders level and should start asap. I tolerate it in manga but that vertical right to left style ain't it :francis:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Was that flick with the plastic surgery finesse :russ:

:wow::wow:

Yeah that one.
I'm telling you breh, I was not expecting that. The cop and the fake killer were on some Count Of Monte Cristo on cocaine shyt. :dead:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
:whew: Yeah, that sounds stressful, glad I chose Japanese instead. I'm even starting to get a feel of when 連濁 happens.

Reached level 20 of wanikani and got an email saying I should be able to start reading at a third graders level and should start asap. I tolerate it in manga but that vertical right to left style ain't it :francis:

:russ:

You'll get used to it. Get you an Amazon Japan account to get a physical book, much better than online. Or they even have those stories in english with the Japanese text on the next page.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Watched Miss Baek and it was good but needed more time. It was basically an 11 episode series squeezed into a movie. It felt rushed because I saw the two series interpretations of it prior.

Also watched Hang Gun-Ju.

:sadbron:

Based off of a true story. Absolutely disgusting. Demons, the whole lot of them. I wanted to hop through the screen and murder a lot of people.

:pacspit:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This is a Korean movie but I highly recommend it with crazy fukery lol

The Call & it's on Netflix

220px-Call_poster.jpg

Starting this now