thoughts on the movie American History X ?

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just came to say that Norton is overrated.

His career was great at the beginning:
Rounders
American History X
The People vs Larry Flynt
Fight Club
Primal Fear

But he fell off since then.
His acting is corny now.

He's been in good films but his acting hasn't been great.
25th hour.

:francis:

benjamin

Veteran
Daps
great film.

those saying it pissed them off have no idea what the film was about...Redemption and forgiveness..

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I have always thought this is a classic movie. The message was so strong in it. I thought everyone's performance was top notch. That curb biting scene, bruh would have just had to shoot me because I wouldn't bite shyt......

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
love this movie

seen it when i was in the 6th grade

i wasn't ready for that rape scene

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Good flick. That curbing scene was unsettling though. Just a movie though. I doubt Shorelines were really beefing that serious with Skins in Venice if at all. Would have been more believable if it was Venice13 and Shorelines. Good flick regardless. Norton has quietly built quite a resume.
who are the shorelines and venice13? i'm assuming black and latino gangs

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
who are the shorelines and venice13? i'm assuming black and latino gangs

Yeah, Venice Shoreline Crips and Venice13. I don't know where the conflict stands today, if there is even a conflict in 2016. But they had a pretty fierce rivalry there for a while.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Why do u say it hasn't aged well. It looks like the present day, only difference is everyone isn't on their phone.

I fukked w this movie heavy when it was on cable rotation. Ed is kinda cartoonish with his lines saying the supremacist agenda, and Elliot Gould was pretty lame as the aw shucks let's feel sorry 4 him Jew. Vacation woman was weird in her role too. The friendship in jail was aigh, set u up for that ending. Sisco was aigh too.

Don't know why it didn't get an Oscar nomination. It's a classic and prolly a must see for today's society.

I believe Edward was nominated for Best Actor though...

"Has anything you've done made your life better?" Is probably the best line in that movie. Derek's reaction said it all. You're consumed with all that hate, doing all of this shyt, and yet your lives are still garbage.

I know that the alternate ending had him going back to his old ways, but I like the open ending better. Leaves everything up for debate and interpretation.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
We saw it in English class, there was a big debate on whether it was going to be allowed in the first place, but somehow the teacher got the OK. I had already seen it prior but whatever.

They tried to make you feel sorry for that white kid at the end of the movie but fukk that, me and a few other kids were cheering when he got blasted over that urinal. Teacher was mad as fukk :laff:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Everyone talking about the game being unrealistic, remember it started out with the teams mixed up. Not all black folks can ball and if you notice, only a few cats on either team were actually scoring.

Derek was out there like Pistol Pete and the game was to 11. I believe the score was 8-6 when Derek entered the game.