thoughts on the movie American History X ?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same here...
Imma have to check this out...
Rosario is bae and all but before I watch this please tell me she ain't dating a racist cac in this movie...:upsetfavre:

yeah its a good movie.
lol nah he aint racist i dont think. her characters hispanic anyway...

i just find it intersting that most non blacks claim to hate spike but the only movie they like of his he has a non black cast...

now that I'm thinking about it, 25th hour had some heavy :sitdown: undertones to it.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was it someone on here said that the basketball game scene and a few other scenes were meant to be dreams of the younger brother, about how he saw nortons character as some kind of superhero

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
yeah its a good movie.
lol nah he aint racist i dont think. her characters hispanic anyway...

i just find it intersting that most non blacks claim to hate spike but the only movie they like of his he has a non black cast...

now that I'm thinking about it, 25th hour had some heavy :sitdown: undertones to it.
shyt of course they like it...:mjpls:
You said it yourself "non black cast" :mjpls:...
And :whoa: at the :sitdown: undertones...
Maybe that's another reason they like it...:youngsabo:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THIS

i always felt this too because so many cacs loved the movie. hollywood always tries to be slick. someone said that they turned it into a masturbatory white pride film, that's what it was intended to be. :francis:

Probably created the sleeper cells we have today and i believe its on purpose. Way too much Hitler and nazi themed shyt out for something thats supposed to the epitome of evil.

There was more resistance to birth of a nation than all of the nazi crap in the last 5 years combined like it was some blaxploitation fan fiction instead of history

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seen it like 5 times. Great movie, seems a lil unrealsitic (from an NYC perspective) and not the best acting, but it's a movie, so 5 Stars. Classic.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
There was a very disturbing scene in the film where the skinheads attacked people in a supermarket. A few years after seeing the film, I saw real life footage of an African woman being bullied and intimidated in a store in Israel by racist Jews.

They were marching through the streets calling the African immigrants " infiltrators" and telling them to get the fukk out of their country.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
main character was going to be a white supremacist until the neo Nazis turned on him in jail and raped him

then the Black dude in jail looks out for him

Edward Norton's character would've continued to be a racist white supremacist if the other cacs didn't rape him

the end

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
No matter how angry you get the laundry is going to keep coming. The whole movie is summed up in that one scene.