thoughts on the movie American History X ?

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
My favorite scene was when he was leaving jail and he goes to his black friend and says

"You know what... I think the reason I'm getting out of here in one piece is you"

And the black cat knows it too but doesn't wanna show emotion and says something in the lines of "Cause of me? You think I'd risk my life for a whiteboy? You just make sure you take care of the brothers aight? THE BROTHERS"

:wow:

Yeah but would Derek hold that after he got back in the world tho?? How many cats we know got locked up, read a few books, said they found Allah/Jesus while they were locked down only to go rite back to the same bullshyt they left behind

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That movie legit kissed me the fukk off. I heated as fukk just off a gatdamn movie :wtf:

That dinner scene and curb stomping made me wana jump through the screen :birdman:
That curb stomping scene never made sense to me.

I literally don't know any nikkas in real life that would've went through with that

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but would Derek hold that after he got back in the world tho??

I don't think he necessary meant become bff's with blacks, just let them be. And that's what Derek basically did. The man was basically the man in his set like Tookie for the Crips or Meech for BMF, but he didn't want that.

The Oracle

Expat
Daps
Reppin
the world
My favorite scene was when he was leaving jail and he goes to his black friend and says

"You know what... I think the reason I'm getting out of here in one piece is you"

And the black cat knows it too but doesn't wanna show emotion and says something in the lines of "Cause of me? You think I'd risk my life for a whiteboy? You just make sure you take care of the brothers aight? THE BROTHERS"

:wow:

yeah guy torry did more with his facial expressions there than the actual dialogue, was amazing.

alot of comedians seem to be great dramatic actors when they are given a shot

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin

I literally don't know any nikkas in real life that would've went through with that

OR when his lil breh blew smoke in that nikkas face. Or them getting bust at the park:mjlol:

Had west coast cats taking major ls out in that movie.

Had hella brehs tell me in Midwest prison systems those white supremacist gangs are literally FOOD:wow:.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London

seth-rollins-curb-stomp-rvd-o.gif

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good movie overall but it hasnt aged well IMO....and i always hated the ending. i just dont think its realistic that the kid wouldve shot his brother at the damn school. may as well off yourself because there is no way to escape and get away with it. gangbangers are dumb, but not that stupid.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
good movie overall but it hasnt aged well IMO....and i always hated the ending. i just dont think its realistic that the kid wouldve shot his brother at the damn school. may as well off yourself because there is no way to escape and get away with it. gangbangers are dumb, but not that stupid.

How wasn't it realistic?? We all remember Columbine and I was only 20 mins away at another high school when Heritage High got shot up a year after this... Muthafukkas had the whole campus on lockdown while we watched the newscast :mjcry: The kid who shot Danny wasn't too much different from him...He got brainwashed by his peoples into bein a crash dummy and basically made his bones much like Danny was on his way to doin if Derek hadn't got out that same week