Thor: The Dark World discussion thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
saw this last night in 2d and it was just okay, nothing overly offensive, nothing incredibly exciting and sadly nothing memorable either. On the plus side portman wasnt as annoying as i thought shed be and neither was the snark. Didnt understand why they tried to make sif seem important :why: it was nice to see adebisi wreck shyt..By the time it ended tho I did feel like i had just had plane food.It just felt really short like it was 50 mins or something.Y'all love to overate ppl man, here i was thinking loki was going to get his spike (angel reference) on but he didnt steal shyt.If anyone stole the show it was erik selvig

ps one thing i did notice though was once again we have a movie where something from space descends to a planet and invades it.This trend seems to take place in every fukking action movie these days its getting really formulaic

After much consideration:

The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America: The First Avenger > Thor = Thor: TDW > Iron Man 3 = The Incredible Hulk > Iron Man 2

It may change, but damn, I really liked the movie. Tom Hiddleston's Loki might be a top 5 (maybe even top 3) comic book movie character for me now.
captain america is the 3rd best marvel movie now? u got something for the lead or something :why:

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
saw this last night in 2d and it was just okay, nothing overly offensive, nothing incredibly exciting and sadly nothing memorable either. On the plus side portman wasnt as annoying as i thought shed be and neither was the snark. Didnt understand why they tried to make sif seem important :why: it was nice to see adebisi wreck shyt..By the time it ended tho I did feel like i had just had plane food.It just felt really short like it was 50 mins or something.Y'all love to overate ppl man, here i was thinking loki was going to get his spike (angel reference) on but he didnt steal shyt.If anyone stole the show it was erik selvig

captain america is the 3rd best marvel movie now? u got something for the lead or something :why:

I really liked the WWII setting. I thought Chris Evans was great as Captain America. Cap's attitude of getting out there and wanting to fight was on point. The romance between Cap and Agent Carter was far more believable than Thor/Jane. The bit parts of Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci, and Dominic Cooper were surprisingly quite memorable. Hugo Weaving's Red Skull is the 2nd best MCU villain (although that really isn't saying much). Plus: Alan Silvestri's "Star Spangled Man" song had me going :rudy: at first, but later I found it to be kind of catchy. :ehh::yeshrug:I need to give The Incredible Hulk a rewatch again in the near future.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
^did this dude really just say "why did they try to make sif so important"....idk maybe cuz at some point jane foster gettin the bushes for sif :comeon:
you know that how? if thor didnt hit it when he retuurned to asgard for 2 years why would he now hes chilin on earth? :what:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
you know that how? if thor didnt hit it when he retuurned to asgard for 2 years why would he now hes chilin on earth? :what:
cuz im a comic reader :what:....plus they wouldnt keep showing her if she didnt matter and have odin give him that speech about "mortals lives"....they hinted at it like 4x in the fukkin movie :mindblown:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I really liked the WWII setting. I thought Chris Evans was great as Captain America. Cap's attitude of getting out there and wanting to fight was on point. The romance between Cap and Agent Carter was far more believable than Thor/Jane. The bit parts of Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci, and Dominic Cooper were surprisingly quite memorable. Hugo Weaving's Red Skull is the 2nd best MCU villain (although that really isn't saying much). Plus: Alan Silvestri's "Star Spangled Man" song had me going :rudy: at first, but later I found it to be kind of catchy. :ehh::yeshrug:I need to give The Incredible Hulk a rewatch again in the near future.

Cap is one of the greatest superhero films ever......EVER

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

ps one thing i did notice though was once again we have a movie where something from space descends to a planet and invades it.This trend seems to take place in every fukking action movie these days its getting really formulaic

I agree with most of what you said, besides the Cap and Sif comment
But yea like I said on the past few pages, this movie was just ehhhh, I feel like people are overrating it......Its better than first Thor but only by a hair.
O and if Loki was not in this movie, the movie would of lack any emotion or feeling to it at all, Thank GAWD for cinematic Loki

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
It is, I said this before and I will continue to say it........the Captain America movie besides Avengers is the only comic movie that captures the essences of the character.......only a Marvel comic fan will truly agree

But then again I understand there are multiple types of viewers when it comes to movies, so I understand when someone disagrees.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
tumblr_mtlo29eHiA1swk3bio2_500.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The Cap movie was shaping up to be one of my favorite superhero movies until, ironically, he became Captain America and joined the war. That build-up to Steve becoming Cap was Marvel excellence, then it became a montage of shoddy action scenes.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I agree with most of what you said, besides the Cap and Sif comment
But yea like I said on the past few pages, this movie was just ehhhh, I feel like people are overrating it......Its better than first Thor but only by a hair.
O and if Loki was not in this movie, the movie would of lack any emotion or feeling to it at all, Thank GAWD for cinematic Loki
:russ: why did u have to prefix it as "cinematic" loki? aint a fan of the character in comics/cartoon?