Thor: The Dark World discussion thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
they dont think a movie that ties in with the avengers can make at least 50mill? Why even make Guardians of the Galaxy

They're making Guardians of the Galaxy because they think it will make the required money both domestically and internationally to spawn a sequel and franchise and also shift a bunch of toy units. There have been more films like Guardians of The Galaxy than there have been like Black Panther, far more. Money is what this ultimately comes down to, Marvel dont want to take the risk at this moment in time, they definitely dont want their first minority superhero film to flop or it to turnout like Blade 3.

See that's bullshyt though, it's not about getting Will Smith its about getting the right ACTOR and DIRECTOR involved. Nobody knew who the fukk Chris Hemsworth was before Thor. Dude was an Australian soap opera actor! Marvel got the RIGHT actor and got the RIGHT Director involved and made a hit. If you give Duncan Jones and Chiwetol Ejifor a Black Pather movie that shyt could be fukking brilliant. And I'm just throwing out names, with Marvel the BRAND now carries the weight of success, NOT the actor. A Black Panther movie fully woven into the MCU right now is basically a proven success. They proved it with a Man who flies in a suit of armor, a man who turns into a rage filled green freak when upset, a GOD who wields a magical hammer, AND a man who calls himself "Captain America". Their about to do fukking Guardians Of The Galaxy, a group NOBODY outside of comic heads is familiar with a man whose best claim to fame was starring in a WB teen soap opera called. Everwood back in 2004 in the main role:stopitslime:

Like I said. NO GODDAMN EXCUSES:birdman:

null_zps45373452.jpg

The movie could be good, but that doesn't mean that it will sell and make money that the execs want it to(just look at Dredd). The problem is that there haven't been a lot of films of this type, that haven't had a "star", I cant think of any big budget film film with a black lead that hasn't starred Will Smith, I'm talking about a budget that's $150M+ so that will make the execs even more cautious to finance and make the film in addition to the large black supporting cast(do they do a Django and have the character surrounded by whites and a few black supporting characters to be "safe", you're already looking at controversy there, you can get away with that in a teamup film but in a solo?).Thor was filled with Oscar winning and flavour of the month actors and based on a mythological character. Marvel aren't interested in "small", "Standalone stories", "low budget" films, that's what the one shots are there for. Guardians of The Galaxy is simply another movie with a "white" lead which is the norm of the majority Hollywood movies, especially the big budget one's, that's as safe as you can get. It also comes down to other things like will there be enough toy units and mini sets to sell?, will enough toy units be sold?, will the merchanidse sales be high?, will tie-in promoters and investors be attracted to the character and film and so on. It's the same with female superheroes films.

calh45

Cal
Daps
SHIELD's absence in this movie (and IM3 for that matter) is not a plot hole. It's supposedly intentional and will be explained in Captain America Winter Soldier.

THANK YOU.

This is all I was in this thread for because you can't tell me aliens are coming to the middle of London and all they got fighting dude was 2 sorry ass interns plus 2 fighter jets.

Sidenote: That Cap trailer was :whew:.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Did anyone else see the slight star wars influences in some scenes or am I just reaching?
Definitely there. Not a bad thing.
THANK YOU.

This is all I was in this thread for because you can't tell me aliens are coming to the middle of London and all they got fighting dude was 2 sorry ass interns plus 2 fighter jets.

Sidenote: That Cap trailer was :whew:.
Yeah, Kevin Fiege is saying that. I hope he's not bullshytting because SHIELD turning totally blind would be too glaring of a plot hole SMH

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Haven't seen this yet but I'm surprisingly excited to...I actually consider Thor to be one of the better films Marvel has done.(Haven't seen IM3).

Low-Key a real nikka....:yes:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally saw the movie, it was awesome!!!!

Some predictable moments. I was a punk and teared up. Jane gets on my nerves and I like her at the same time. Everyone seemed a little weaker to me...

I think Loki stole the movie. Def. better than Iron Man 3. Didn't mind comic relief moments. They did that a lot in the first one, it didn't seem forced to me.

What happened to that beast from Jotunheim?

More than likely crushed by Thor.....If you stuck around after the credits?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
After much consideration:

The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America: The First Avenger > Thor = Thor: TDW > Iron Man 3 = The Incredible Hulk > Iron Man 2

It may change, but damn, I really liked the movie. Tom Hiddleston's Loki might be a top 5 (maybe even top 3) comic book movie character for me now.