Votes: 76 43.9%

• Total voters

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like a bet
giphy.gif

hate it had to be you breh, shyt ain't lookin to hot for team jl.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
2nd Update, Friday midday: It’s still early and right now Justice League‘s Friday, including its $13M last night, is between $36.6M-$38.5M for today. At the top end, that’s $300K higher than Wonder Woman’s Friday and she was boosted by an $11M Thursday night. This puts Justice League around $97M+ per industry estimates, far lower than the $110M-$120M on tracking. Why? Because Justice League‘s morning sales weren’t as robust as many expected.

To avoid such sluggish numbers, DC needs to meet both critical and audience positive sentiment equally like Marvel. That’s the only way to avoid this roller coaster ride at the box office. Critics weren’t any kind to Justice League with a 39% Rotten Tomatoes which is just slightly higher than Suicide Squad and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. PostTrak’s overall positive score for Justice League is upbeat at 85% and a high 69% definite recommend. BvS got a B CinemaScore and Suicide Squad earned a B+. We’ll see what that crowd has to say tonight. Hopefully good word of mouth clicks in.

WB execs truly aimed to make this title lighter and funnier than the gloom of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and definitely shorter (2 hours vs. 2 1/2 hours). Anything under $100M would likely make Warner Bros. brass unhappy: That’s not what they planned for here given how this film has been in development over the last ten years. I, mean, this is DC’s Avengers. It’s the zenith of the DC universe. Should Justice League rebound into Wonder Woman territory ($103.2M), it’s still hard to jump and down about since Justice League before P&A cost double what Wonder Woman did ($149M) with the Joss Whedon reshoots, etc. Fanboys and critics have dinged Justice League and BvS for being a visualist versus the Kubrickan cinematic bent which Christopher Nolan delivered to the Dark Knight franchise. There was promise when Whedon stepped in, but as one rival studio executive told me, “I’ve never heard of a director completely changing the DNA of a movie when he’s called in for reshoots. That’s inherent in the script from the onset.” I hear though if the film clears $700M global, after ancillaries, it will turn a profit, but not much. Overseas including China is currently at $42.4M.

Realize that the Gal Gadot quotient could be slow to show up here. Note that older women for Wonder Woman were there during opening weekend with PostTrak showing females 25+ (37%), followed by guys over 25 (34%), females under 25 (17%), and men under 25 (12%). However, the share of women grew over time for Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman does have her moments in the movie. PostTrak showed last night men over 25 in bulk (41%), men under 25 (25%), females over 25 (21%) and females under 25 (14%).

• Dap
Reactions: flo

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
the part that's bolded is a lie that needs to stop....thor is not a B character in marvel....i know it sounds good to say that to try to bump his success up higher, but he's not...he's a A character...along with spidey, hulk, the xmen, and the avengers (as a whole)....they've always been A characters...

Yea you're right.... He's not a B character:russ:

Anymore:troll:

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
the part that's bolded is a lie that needs to stop....thor is not a B character in marvel....i know it sounds good to say that to try to bump his success up higher, but he's not...he's a A character...along with spidey, hulk, the xmen, and the avengers (as a whole)....they've always been A characters...
Come on breh compared to Bats and Supes he was a step below. The only Marvel characters up there prior to the MCU were Hulk, Spidey and maybe Wolverine, not even the entire X-Men team.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on breh compared to Bats and Supes he was a step below. The only Marvel characters up there prior to the MCU were Hulk, Spidey and maybe Wolverine, not even the entire X-Men team.

a step below them? yes, but that doesnt mean he isnt an A list character...he has always been that....thor, hulk, spidey, avengers (as a whole), xmen (individual characters and as a whole) were A list characters before the mcu....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
a step below them? yes, but that doesnt mean he isnt an A list character...he has always been that....thor, hulk, spidey, avengers (as a whole), xmen (individual characters and as a whole) were A list characters before the mcu....
Dawg, if Bats and Supes were the pinnacle and other characters are a step below, by definition they can't be the same level. A is the highest standard, uh right?

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

also.... that was a quote from an Justice League insider:lolbron: Whedon or Bendis

So it wasnt a conspiracy or case of bias to bump up Thor's success:russ:

Martha

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dawg, if Bats and Supes were the pinnacle and another character is a step below, by definition they can't be the same level. A is the highest standard, uh right?

just cause they arent equal doesnt mean they arent on the same grade level...it doesnt work like that.....a comparison to what you're saying is like saying jay z isnt an A lister cause he isnt mj....

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
Justice League will gross more money.

justice league by a lot.....u know how embarrassing it would be if it didnt :heh:

Justice league

Thor and Hulk are probably the least popular out of all the Avengers in the mcu. If that shyt out grosses Justice league then DC and WB are better off just folding their shyt up

Justice League.

Justice League and by a large distance and if it doesn't than there is something fundamentally wrong with movie goers.

I think it would take a combo of Thor being :blessed: and JL being straight dogshyt to the point where it makes less money than BVS for Ragnorak to beat it at the BO.

Should be JL if not just scrap all plans sans Wonder Woman 2 and try again....

JL. Thor is easily the worst of the Marvel stand alone films and I don't expect anything different. Plus Wheedon the gawd is redoing whatever garbage Synder applied to JL

The better movie will be Thor but the bigger gross income will be justice league cause come on....

JL will make more money but also just be slow mo shots of wonderwoman and wholly uninteresting.

Thor looks like it'll be crazy.

At this point im just wondering if we'll get a Martha moment this movie and will they speed the plot along with more youtube videos.

RXyxa_s-200x150.gif

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
just cause they arent equal doesnt mean they arent on the same grade level...it doesnt work like that.....a comparison to what you're saying is like saying jay z isnt an A lister cause he isnt mj....
I disagree, it works like that exactly. I have another example, If one number is below another they are not equal.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree, it works like that exactly. I have another example, If one number is below another they are not equal.

no, it doesnt....i never said they were equal, i just said he was an A character....but using your ex of numbers: 100 is an A, but so is 99....not equal, but still the same letter grade....

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

no, it doesnt....i never said they were equal, i just said he was an A character....but using your ex of numbers: 100 is an A, but so is 99....not equal, but still the same letter grade....

Ok I have a solution that I think yall both can agree on to put an end to this squabble.

Cuz when I think about it, yall both are right on some MGS shyt (my telltale...... see where this is going):troll:

So its like this:pachaha:

Thor actually IS an A level character... so you're right @lutha :mjgrin:

But Thor is also a level below the DC trinity 3 so you're right too @jayshiggs :lolbron:

Its because in reality..... the DC Trinity 3 are S CLASS level super heros!!:skip:

So essentially some A level characters are taking out some S level characters on the big screen right now.... similar to say a team of Jordan, Magic, and Bird losing and getting their ass whooped by a team with John Wall and Blake Griffin:mjlol:

Martha