This thread is for people who think the northeast is azz.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Not all fields, doggie.

For fashion, marketing and any media related fields then yes I agree with you about NYC. Also if you are an entrepreneur of some sort then yes a large metropolis like NYC is a good place to start if you know what you are doing.

BUT

As an examople If you work in the technology or engineering fields TX, GA, NC, WA have been in the lead for years. A lot of large companies tend to avoid cities like NYC because of the cost of liveing and what they will have to pay employees. They treat NY like a place to do business but any employees they have to have there is more of a burden to them.

Forgot about the legal & healthcare fields.

Username

The Fly (1836)
Daps
Reppin
MANHATTAN
Not all fields, doggie.

For fashion, marketing and any media related fields then yes I agree with you about NYC.

If you work in the technology or engineering fields TX, GA, NC, WA have been in the lead for years. A lot of large companies tend to avoid cities like NYC because of the cost of liveing and what they will have to pay employees. They treat NY like a place to do business but any employees they have to have there is more of a burden to them

:childplease:

Over the past 7 years or so, New York has overtaken Boston as the #2 to Silicon Valley as far are tech centers are concerned.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:childplease:

Over the past 7 years or so, New York has overtaken Boston as the #2 to Silicon Valley as far are tech centers are concerned.

Most companies will have HQ in NYC and other top 5 markets for media and proximity to wall street but their core development, operations and support teams are elsewhere. See Comcast in Philadelphia as an example.

For the most part they look at these larger markets and their cost of living as a burden for them because they have to pay the employees living there a higher salary because of the location.

Also, NY has 2 very good technology schools in MIT and RIC which are nearby so recruitement is easy. Cisco for example hires a lot of people from MIT and RIC and GA Tech and sends them to work in Charlotte North NC. NSN (Nokia Siemens Networks) does the same and sends its recruits to TX. many more i can name.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Any Upstate New York heads on here?

I'm curious to hear y'all opinions about living up there.

My parents love North Carlina but Upstate NY isn't far behind. To be honest if my parents moved somewhere that's near a Metro North Station, l wouldn't mind as I could get to NYC on a train ride that doesn't take that long.

However winter time in Upstate NY is :sadcam:

:heh: at everyone clowning New Jersey, :pacspit: at the NJ Turnpike though, that Highway has at toll at every exit :wtf:

:laff: at anyone who on is on a road trip on that highway and they have to stop for a food break or to use the Bathroom or something.

Also the bus system in NJ is :shaq2:

Fare System is confusing sand no bus maps for noobs.

With that being said, New Jersey seems like a nice place to live if you live in the burbs near a Train station w/ Frequent service to NYC or Hoboken.

Or you live in Hoboken, Fort Lee, Union City or the nice parts of Jersey City.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
The real 'NorthEast' is north of Boston.

picture-062-300x225.jpg

Hampton_Beach,_New_Hampshire_2004.jpg

activities-foliage-2.jpg

282063-Mt-Washington-Summit-New-Hampshire-Winter_view.jpg

Get out of the city, come live in a state with no sales tax, no income tax, no car insurance law, no motorcycle helmet law, no seat belt law and can have you from the ocean to the top of a 6k ft mountain in 2 hours.

:whew:

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I've lived in almost every coast besides the northwest and the central states, northeast is the best to me. Everyone is fake as fukk in the southwest and the constant good weather just makes things seem not real. I love the northeast (mainly nyc and providence) because noone cares what the fukk you do just keep it moving.

:scusthov: I rather live anywhere in Jersey over that shythole.

Living and South Florida and I'll tell you I'd take Cali bytches and beaches over anything I've been to here in FL. Last time I was there I didn't want o leave.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
The real 'NorthEast' is north of Boston.

picture-062-300x225.jpg

Hampton_Beach,_New_Hampshire_2004.jpg

activities-foliage-2.jpg

282063-Mt-Washington-Summit-New-Hampshire-Winter_view.jpg

Get out of the city, come live in a state with no sales tax, no income tax, no car insurance law, no motorcycle helmet law, no seat belt law and can have you from the ocean to the top of a 6k ft mountain in 2 hours.

:whew:

Your from New Hamshire?

what you stated is fuking great, but I rather pay up than live up there. Fine place for the Bear Grylls type cats.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Your from New Hamshire?

what you stated is fuking great, but I rather pay up than live up there. Fine place for the Bear Grylls type cats.

tumblr_m9bmvo874J1rv4e0b.gif

I like the outdoors. The crime is low as shyt, jobs are around, you can get to Boston in an hour, 3 major airports within an hour drive and I can take a train or bus into NYC in under 5 hours, Montreal in the same. 4 Seasons, beaches, mountains lakes etc.

I'm probably older than most on here, but after high school 70% of my friends left for college or to go to Florida or Cali.

Almost every one of them fools has recently moved back. The ones who didn't all ended up in Tahoe.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I love New York and never want to leave but man fall and winter kind of suck in one way there good because you really appreciate Spring and Summer and everyone gets real excited about it but at the same time it sucks because it's all gloomy and cold and if I never had to see another flurry of snow I would be a happy man. Also Southern chicks I fukking love them anytime i've been down South the chicks are just better to me:manny:

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
New Hampshire is really nice

I was in Nashua recently, gorgeous town... Very clean, nice businesses, good economy. It surprised me

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Florida >>>

Lived in NY for 18 years. Came to Florida for school and realized how overrated NY is. NY is only nice if u have money and live in the city