This thread is for people who think the northeast is azz.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well When You Live In New Jersey Life Is Gonna Suck...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Come to so cal. We have everything you could ever want except good air.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
NYC is actually a good deal compared to other cities on their level. Prices in San Fran and Boston are similiar and those cities aren't on ny's level.

You can't compare NYC to other American cities. Its a global city, compare it to places like London and tokyo and it looks pretty affordable

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
To get a nice apartment up here (that's not in the hood) for one person is gonna cost you way more than down south. I was looking for spots around philly and the average starting price was like 850$ for a one bedroom apartment :damn:

I looked at several places down south where the price was like 500-700$ that were actually nice :aicmon:

If you think 850 is expensive then the east coast isn't for you

850 for a nice place in the middle of the worlds most powerful economic region is a steal

There's a reason why the south is cheap

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Nothing good will come out of this thread. LOL

But let's be real every region has its issues.

• New York - I like New York but dont care for New Yorkers. Except for the chicks of course. I find New Yorkers to be rude/ill mannered for the most part. I'm sure it's just cultural differences but still
  • Boston - Peeps from Boston are alright IMO but racism seems to run rampant there according to those from there that I talk to.
  • New Jersey - I'm not sure what to think of NJ. I just met a chick from there so maybe that will open the portal to more jersyans and i can give you feedback then.
  • Philadelphia - I actually like Philly folks. They seem mad cool. I've never met one i didnt like

The reason I would not move to the North East is jobs. Seems like everything is run by a union. The republican deep inside me has a strong hatred for labor unions but the liberal inside me understands it's a necessary evil vs greedy corporations

school me on boston please. cause while i love minnesota. i've def thought moving back east to be closer to family and boston is one of my top choices. is boston really racist like that???

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Holmdel New Jersey has got to be the dumbest fukking town i have ever been too..........u cant make legal left turns anywhere :wtf:..........

getting to the northbound side of the Jersey turnpike (or whatever highway that was) was like a search for gold.......

fukking dumb ass signs had us going into incoming traffic.....getting on wrong highways and all that shyt.........

then u get off the next exit to try to turn around and guess what...........A fukkING TOLL!

Then you try to find the northbound lane again only to find another fukking sign pointing u to the wrong direction........

fukk NEW JERSEY

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

850 for a nice place in the middle of the worlds most powerful economic region is a steal

People up here pay for shyt.. and take it with a smile. My last apartment was a 2 bedroom for 1200.00. 1/2 the outlets didn't work, we was sharing the fukking meter with the people living in the basement and the parking situation was fukked up.

These grimey b*stards love to convert 1 family houses into 2 and 3 family spots.

I can't wait to leave the fukking state:childplease:

Username

The Fly (1836)
Daps
Reppin
MANHATTAN
I don't think the northeast is ass, but I spent two summers interning in Los Angeles and the girls were :ahh:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

$850 is expensive bruh. Even in the 5 boroughs, median household income is only $49K. Then you have to add $100/mo for everyone to travel (at the minimum). And that $850 will prob only be an apt for 1 person. You take Manhattan out, net income is even lower. You act like everyone in the city is some fast paced executive or creative dynamo. Not really the case bruh.

I've been in NYC all my life and have a real love hate relationship with it. For where I am in my life now (ready to start a family + settle down) I'm not with it. And its changed a lot since I've been here, for the worse for what I want. But if you are young, single, smart and have some means of getting around the city besides the train (bike or motorcycle IMO) its pretty good.

The bad is def the weather... we get the heat + moisture from the Caribbean (while the West Coast gets the cold + dryness from up north), and the winters are correspondingly brutal. Also damn near impossible to get to any nature w/o wheels, beaches are all a good 2 or so hours away, anything close is crowded as fukk. Etc. There are ways you have to play the city now that make it a lot less versatile + affordable than it used to be, but if you can manage its still pretty good.

I am trying to get the fukk out though. I need a house and some trees.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I'm talking career wise. The best of the best come to NYC to pratice their craft. Or they come here to start or further their careers.
Not all fields, doggie.

For fashion, marketing and any media related fields then yes I agree with you about NYC. Also if you are an entrepreneur of some sort then yes a large metropolis like NYC is a good place to start if you know what you are doing.

BUT

As an examople If you work in the technology or engineering fields TX, GA, NC, WA have been in the lead for years. A lot of large companies tend to avoid cities like NYC because of the cost of liveing and what they will have to pay employees. They treat NY like a place to do business but any employees they have to have there is more of a burden to them.