This scene shook me to my core as a kid (Fresh Prince, Carlton called a sellout)

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Frfr Carlton was one of the realist ones on Fresh Prince. Remember that episode he had the hammer bout to pull up on the nikka that popped will :whoo:

He was definitely bout that life :wow:

Every FP thread I always say Carlton was the realest dude on that whole show. Will was fronting for bytches every episode, Carlton was the only dude who stayed true and had the strap ready to lay nikkas down on his cousin's behalf on sum Menace shyt.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
What worked was that Carlton was made to be a multi-dimensional person.

On one hand he was preppy snob smart kid, but he could also dance, was legit swole and surprisingly had a decent amount of success with women before he'd fukk it up. He wasn't as helpless as like Urkel or someone.

Yep. Same with Will too. It was always highly suggested that his street shyt was a facade and he was a huge nerd himself. It was lowkey clever writing on both their characters.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I Remember when Will went bowling with his girl...and big dude had no shame in trying to steal his girl right in front of him :mjlol:

Will got knocked the fukk out :dead:

nikka had no respect in the streeets
"I got in one little fight and my mom got scared" Mom stayed in the PJs and sent WIll out of there knowing he wasnt a wolf. Nothing wrong with that, but Will gotta face reality, you aint that guy my man. Even your moms knew it after "one little fight"

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:coffee:
So Phil disconnected his children from their own people ...then gets mad that those same people he kept them from can't relate to that child and rejects it.

tenor.gif

(Where da fuq is Jack & Jill when you need'em)

jackson35

Banned
Daps
One of my all time favorite shows :takedat:

Especially when uncle Phil asked the family "When are we going to stop doing this to eachother?" And the show ended with silence
which was pretty phony coming from uncle phill. 1= he dislikse jazz and throw him out the house like he's trash. 2 don cheadle played his homeboy from philly who was crushing on hillary and the uncle and aunt viv wasn't feeling it. basically, the producers were trying to insert the old jealously from Negros who had a problem with buppie blacks controlling everything