Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great post. I'm glad that they didn't just lazily pin the decline of the club on Gen-Z.

Also, I know the contents of the original post are primarily focused on "the club," but I can't help but to reflect back on the college house party scene in the late oughts/early 2010's. Trap was at its peak arguably and women got live as fukk in those raggedy ass Tallahassee apartments. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Travis Porter--the MVP's of that brief 2010-2012 min-era--still technically count as trap? :patrice:Then again, trap can be broken down into sub-genres, so I see the overall argument (although it can be further analyzed/complicated).

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Bro did a whole social scholarly journal on CLUBS….what a waste of time. That being said, it’s because a certain demographic of black peoples are “too cool” to dance and shyt. Go to a white or mixed club them MFs be dancing all night it got to where I didn’t even want to go to all black clubs after I hit some mixed spots, but I’m Larry Holmes status now so it’s fukk all clubs

Last edited:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Smartphones ruined clubs. People became more interested in portraying an image rather than being in the moment. That and back in the days what happened in the club, stayed in the club.

The last thing anyone wanted was a trail of evidence documenting your indiscretions, antics and any potentially nefarious shenanigans.
Yeah it has nothing to do with anything they talkin about in OP. I dance perfectly fine to all rap music. Just another group of self hating people on the internet lookin for their opinion to matter

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Barefoot in a dirty club :hhh:

Edit: I ain’t see the breh in the back :mjtf:
That's another thing that killed clubs. Group of women doing this and for social media, but get scared when a guy tries to shoot his shot and try to grind on her.

I know you trying to have a good time, but if you're doing all of that, then the hell is the point of going to the club in the first place?

*edit* didn't even see the fruity n---a in the back, yes please delete that

Living Bait

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cardiff
It's true though. . . I feel for the youth . . They will never have that freedom we had in the 90's. . . Slobbing on some bish, slap, tickle, fight some others with ya boys, . . . .

Nothing wrong with any of it . . But now it's all on CCTV or Phones . .

Wake up viral or in a cell

George Orwell saw it coming

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Wait…wouldn’t the club-goers have to be “bottle focused” for that to happen? “The club” cannot decide what other people want or like. Why do people point fingers about EVERYTHING?

He said 'one' of the underlying causes.
The music today made some club goers bottle focused and others quit the club scene altogether. The club goers today are early to mid 20s and don't know any better. Anybody that grew up before and during the crunk era know what fukked the scene up.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If you don’t have section, you not sniffing any of the attractive broads at the venue lol.

The d boys/scammers eat well tho . They invite chicks out to their section

While the coli bro with the IT certification stay at the empty dance floor hoping one of these dimes leave the section and talk to him :mjcry:

This is a lie. If you are a handsome breh you will eat no matter what.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I actually think Megan Thee Stallion was bringing it back for awhile, she consistently had some dancey uptempo songs but then the pandemic hit. I notice even today a lot of videos where girls are dancing has a Megan song playing in the background. I can imagine some clubs would've went off to supplement the tiktok dance videos when Savage was big.

I pretty much agree though with the original post.

Trap is actually a pretty slow tempo and additionally many producers today make "hard", head-nodding beats rather than anthems that make you want to move. I think maybe the exceptions are Mustard, MikeWill and LilJuMadeDaBeat. They got that bounce to their music when they want to do it.

So many more non-Black American producers making beats now and getting on the charts. I'd actually say the mass majority of new trap/drill producers are non-Black American. Some beats are straight emo. I also agree about posts regarding the social media factor.

Megan and Cardi B MIGHT bring it back, but I feel we at the point of no return because of social media and bytches rather dance on each other

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Combination of Phones, Social Media, Music, and Bottle Service. I started Deejaying "Open Genre" bars/lounges/clubs and it's night and day between that and strictly Hip Hop Clubs.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
It's true though. . . I feel for the youth . . They will never have that freedom we had in the 90's. . . Slobbing on some bish, slap, tickle, fight some others with ya boys, . . . .

Nothing wrong with any of it . . But now it's all on CCTV or Phones . .

Wake up viral or in a cell

George Orwell saw it coming
People used to fukk in bathrooms

Wild Wild West :scust:
Demonic era ..

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Only a handful of new US artists are getting played out in London/rest of Europe. It’s mostly afrobeat and UK artists.

Pop smoke had the biggest song from a new artist in the last few years RIP

*awaits quotes about foreign brehs*