K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Smartphones ruined clubs. People became more interested in portraying an image rather than being in the moment. That and back in the days what happened in the club, stayed in the club.

The last thing anyone wanted was a trail of evidence documenting your indiscretions, antics and any potentially nefarious shenanigans.
Yea ya friends had pic of you being slump and showed you the next day, that was about it

Now your whole shyt is on instagram stories

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I see what he saying, but that's something DJs could control if they wanted to. People still care about dancing, just look at tiktok
Some of the biggest songs the last 5 yrs have been focused around dances (drake, tyga, ty dolla sign + wiz) if you're not playing that in the club cause the owner told you to play stuff that make people want to drink then that's you compromising your DJ integrity

My city basically abandoned clubs completely. Everything is about local bar parties. Those local bars have bottle service and all the same stuff clubs have but they are scattered through out the neighborhoods instead of being centralized in 1 (or a handful) of districts like most cities. The result is every weekend the city is "dead" cause nobody is downtown but there might be a packed bar in north philly you don't know is popping that night. shyt ruined our nightlife scene basically

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah but are hoes dancing on you and are you leaving with them hoes for free?

It depend on how you coming. Back in the day, bringing chics to the club was dumb. Sand to the beach. But the strip club different. You can go with bytches or even your girl and it’s gonna be damn near better cause stripper like chics and chics like strippers. The women really be the ones getting the party lit. So you gonna have the chics you brought and the strippers dancing on you if you want.

Now free? nikka ain’t nothing in life free lol. Let me give you an example. I went to Onyx last night with 2 homies and 3 chics. And we had 2 videographers with us but they don’t count and that’s another story.

The table was $400. We split that. Then I got $500 in ones, my other partner got around the same amount, and my other partna got like 1k or close to it. We in our section turning up, smoking gas, drinking Don Julio I think. Like 4 strippers over there with us the whole time. The bytches we came with shaking ass, the strippers shaking ass and getting freaky. It was a real movie. We had hella fun.

But I spent like $600-$700 last night and I ain’t tripping at all cause that’s regular shyt, and we had some promotion shyt going on anyway. But that’s a lot of money to be spending to the average person trying to have a good time. And you don’t need to spend nowhere near that. But was just answering your question about cost with an example from last night.

And going home with these hoes for free? In general no cause it’s the strip club. And half these hoes done been hit already anyway. And it’s hella regular chics in the strip club these days you can get at. Matter of fact a bytch walked straight up to me last night and gave me her number and pointed to her homegirl and said she like my homie…but his girl was right there. I told that bytch get the fukk on lol. If we would have been dolo, we would have took them hoes home…for free. But them hoes only choosing cause they see how we coming cause they some groupie ass hoes

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I see what he saying, but that's something DJs could control if they wanted to. People still care about dancing, just look at tiktok
Some of the biggest songs the last 5 yrs have been focused around dances (drake, tyga, ty dolla sign + wiz) if you're not playing that in the club cause the owner told you to play stuff that make people want to drink then that's you compromising your DJ integrity

My city basically abandoned clubs completely. Everything is about local bar parties. Those local bars have bottle service and all the same stuff clubs have but they are scattered through out the neighborhoods instead of being centralized in 1 (or a handful) of districts like most cities. The result is every weekend the city is "dead" cause nobody is downtown but there might be a packed bar in north philly you don't know is popping that night. shyt ruined our nightlife scene basically
Yeah dancing from home to go viral

We’re talking about getting dressed to go out to dance and meet people

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is all bullshyt. We had the tunnel lol and guns were being let off, people getting robbed in bathrooms…drug dealers weren’t dancing to any of that 90s gangsta music

What rubies clubs for people who wanted to dance and enjoy music was 800 dollar Hennessy bottles. Lol. Stop blaming everything on the youth. I’m 40 and I know better to keep being bitter with music lol Evolving and dance culture changing

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This is all bullshyt. We had the tunnel lol and guns were being let off, people getting robbed in bathrooms…drug dealers weren’t dancing to any of that 90s gangsta music

What rubies clubs for people who wanted to dance and enjoy music was 800 dollar Hennessy bottles. Lol. Stop blaming everything on the youth. I’m 40 and I know better to keep being bitter with music lol Evolving and dance culture changing

I’m with most of this post but people are literally wilding out and having a good time in this video you posted lmaoo

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Bottle service was before my time but I can definitely see how it shifted the club experience. Same goes for smart phones

When I was going you didn't want to dress too nice because 1), your nice shoes would get scuffed up, and 2) you were gaurunteed to be drenched in sweat at the end of the night. The setup now allows you to be pretty all night
Breh this is so true. Especially here in Baltimore. We’d put on our dustiest Timbs to the club becuz they would get stepped on, have drinks spilled on them and occasionally blood

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Was about to come in and say this. Smartphones and stunting trap music. You can't dance to no damn trap

I was too young back then, but it's not hard to figure out why Black American clubbing is dead. Back in the early 2000s in the crunk era with dance music and no phones bytches stayed dancing.

From what I understand the best clubs are now Caribbean and Spanish/Latin. So if you want to dance with some nice hoes hit up those joints

That shyt killed R&B too. Afrobeats took over R&B now

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Wait…wouldn’t the club-goers have to be “bottle focused” for that to happen? “The club” or artists cannot decide what other people want or like. Why do people point fingers about EVERYTHING?