MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
PEOPLE REALLY DOWNPLAY THE INFLUENCE MUSIC HAS ON YOUR BEHAVIOR.

EVER WONDER WHY THE DRUMMER IN AN ARMY WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT SOLDIER THERE? IF THE DRUMS STOP, YOU DROP YOUR SWORD AND PICK UP THAT DRUM. THAT'S HOW IMPORTANT MUSIC IS.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is all bullshyt. We had the tunnel lol and guns were being let off, people getting robbed in bathrooms…drug dealers weren’t dancing to any of that 90s gangsta music

What rubies clubs for people who wanted to dance and enjoy music was 800 dollar Hennessy bottles. Lol. Stop blaming everything on the youth. I’m 40 and I know better to keep being bitter with music lol Evolving and dance culture changing

Who's talking about drug dealers, we talking about normal people, that's the problem with yall nikkaz you try to make the entire populace the streets when it's not like that, every city got spots street cats hang out at and that type of shyt is normal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depend on how you coming. Back in the day, bringing chics to the club was dumb. Sand to the beach. But the strip club different. You can go with bytches or even your girl and it’s gonna be damn near better cause stripper like chics and chics like strippers. The women really be the ones getting the party lit. So you gonna have the chics you brought and the strippers dancing on you if you want.

Now free? nikka ain’t nothing in life free lol. Let me give you an example. I went to Onyx last night with 2 homies and 3 chics. And we had 2 videographers with us but they don’t count and that’s another story.

The table was $400. We split that. Then I got $500 in ones, my other partner got around the same amount, and my other partna got like 1k or close to it. We in our section turning up, smoking gas, drinking Don Julio I think. Like 4 strippers over there with us the whole time. The bytches we came with shaking ass, the strippers shaking ass and getting freaky. It was a real movie. We had hella fun.

But I spent like $600-$700 last night and I ain’t tripping at all cause that’s regular shyt, and we had some promotion shyt going on anyway. But that’s a lot of money to be spending to the average person trying to have a good time. And you don’t need to spend nowhere near that. But was just answering your question about cost with an example from last night.

And going home with these hoes for free? In general no cause it’s the strip club. And half these hoes done been hit already anyway. And it’s hella regular chics in the strip club these days you can get at. Matter of fact a bytch walked straight up to me last night and gave me her number and pointed to her homegirl and said she like my homie…but his girl was right there. I told that bytch get the fukk on lol. If we would have been dolo, we would have took them hoes home…for free. But them hoes only choosing cause they see how we coming cause they some groupie ass hoes

The club is for young people, that's why you going to strip clubs spending 800 dollars on a night lmao

You don't know what young people are doing because you're not young. Young people do not hang out in strip clubs

Young people do not have 800 dollars to blow in one night on drinks and table dances

Most clubs are free to get in or have low coverage charge

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Great post. I'm glad that they didn't just lazily pin the decline of the club on Gen-Z.

Also, I know the contents of the original post are primarily focused on "the club," but I can't help but to reflect back on the college house party scene in the late oughts/early 2010's. Trap was at its peak arguably and women got live as fukk in those raggedy ass Tallahassee apartments. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Travis Porter--the MVP's of that brief 2010-2012 min-era--still technically count as trap? :patrice:Then again, trap can be broken down into sub-genres, so I see the overall argument (although it can be further analyzed/complicated).
Yea I think they technically can be put into trap production wise, but back then they were generally simply thought of as a party group.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait…wouldn’t the club-goers have to be “bottle focused” for that to happen? “The club” or artists cannot decide what other people want or like. Why do people point fingers about EVERYTHING?

These ain't club goers, this is old ass people still trying to have a night life

18-23 are the club ages

When you are 25 you are too old for the club, the problem is the demographic of the music has gotten older, and now an older base of second child hood nikkaz dominate the night scene

You'd have to ask a 18-21 year old what they do on friday and saturday night

when I was that age we went to the club, because it ain't shyt else for us to do at that age

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the main things that killed the clubs that no one is mentioning is when spots started having dress codes. More upscale places always did this but all of a sudden regular clubs did too. That was the beginning of the end

I know somebody who owns multiple clubs, he came in rescued this other club from my homeboy who was failing at it, because was doing nikka shyt

Future manager Propane got chased by Trick Trick Goon Squad, promoters was getting pistol whip, all types of fukkery before he took over

He stopped playing rap music and the shyt started booming, he had 3 other clubs they was all white clubs, cheap to get in, nikka making millions, he said he refused to play rap music because it fukked black people up, that's what he told him out his own mouth

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The club is for young people, that's why you going to strip clubs spending 800 dollars on a night lmao

You don't know what young people are doing because you're not young. Young people do not hang out in strip clubs

Young people do not have 800 dollars to blow in one night on drinks and table dances

Most clubs are free to get in or have low coverage charge

I got $800 a night to spend broke ass nikka, the hell is you talking about smh. We had 3 whole videographers with us. I got a whole brand to promote. The club is synonymous with the stub club these are days. You out of touch

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Only a handful of new US artists are getting played out in London/rest of Europe. It’s mostly afrobeat and UK artists.

Pop smoke had the biggest song from a new artist in the last few years RIP

*awaits quotes about foreign brehs*
African music rn winning

Ah finesse
If I broke na my business

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got $800 a night to spend broke ass nikka, the hell is you talking about smh. We had 3 whole videographers with us. I got a whole brand to promote. The club is synonymous with the stub club these are days. You out of touch

18-21 years is the club of age they not spending 800, how old is you, you hanging out in strip clubs tricking money off, this is stuff old nikkaz do

I use to run a club, getting money from losers like you who spending a 1k in somebody elses establishment making them rich

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I actually think Megan Thee Stallion was bringing it back for awhile, she consistently had some dancey uptempo songs but then the pandemic hit. I notice even today a lot of videos where girls are dancing has a Megan song playing in the background. I can imagine some clubs would've went off to supplement the tiktok dance videos when Savage was big.

I pretty much agree though with the original post.

Trap is actually a pretty slow tempo and additionally many producers today make "hard", head-nodding beats rather than anthems that make you want to move. I think maybe the exceptions are Mustard, MikeWill and LilJuMadeDaBeat. They got that bounce to their music when they want to do it.

So many more non-Black American producers making beats now and getting on the charts. I'd actually say the mass majority of new trap/drill producers are non-Black American. Some beats are straight emo. I also agree about posts regarding the social media factor.
This isn’t true at all. Why would you say something like this?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PEOPLE REALLY DOWNPLAY THE INFLUENCE MUSIC HAS ON YOUR BEHAVIOR.

EVER WONDER WHY THE DRUMMER IN AN ARMY WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT SOLDIER THERE? IF THE DRUMS STOP, YOU DROP YOUR SWORD AND PICK UP THAT DRUM. THAT'S HOW IMPORTANT MUSIC IS.

They really do. The owner of a bar I go to REFUSES to play drill/trap or new school rap music. The places the do play that music it usually get shot up in no time. From what ive seen, where I live.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I think he’s referring to dive bars with college students/early 20 year olds

Them 5 dollars to get in and 3 dollar taquila shots ..

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
18-21 years is the club of age they not spending 800, how old is you, you hanging out in strip clubs tricking money off, this is stuff old nikkaz do

I use to run a club, getting money from losers like you who spending a 1k in somebody elses establishment making them rich

Thats why the club scene switched over to bottle service. Nikkas be spending on one bottle what a case of liquor costs. They love to see them nikkas coming.