This must be the worst time to be a teenager

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
A lot of these young people hate this shyt. Don’t get it twisted.

They're TEENAGERS THEY ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HATE THIS shyt :russ:

Time and technology the only things that have changed, just because we not getting new episodes of All That on Nick at Nite don't mean these kids aren't happy with everything they find on YouTube or online......We had our shyt, they have theres. Let them live :yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're TEENAGERS THEY ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HATE THIS shyt :russ:

Time and technology the only things that have changed, just because we not getting new episodes of All That on Nick at Nite don't mean these kids aren't happy with everything they find on YouTube or online......We had our shyt, they have theres. Let them live :yeshrug:

fair point @ the bold

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Not that I would know where to look for it but I don’t think corporations even bother marketing to teens anymore. I was trying to think of youth content and drew blanks-MTV abandoned ship ages ago.

Teens today can look up, watch, or listen to whatever they want whenever they want. I juggle with if that's a good or bad thing sometimes; back then we only had a couple of outlets and now there are so many today that it's easier be lead astray but also easier to find the truth. Media back then was more condensed and you didn't have to worry about fugazi folks giving their inputs since most of the influencers were vetted.

Funny thing is that you'd expect more individuals with so many options available, but I've noticed that most of these jits are just alike. They watch the same YouTube videos, follow the same people, have the same taste in music, and I dont think they even watch shows or movies(a young bruh may have to school me). So their lives are just IG, Twitter, TikTok, Apple Music, and YouTube.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He said Free's ass three times in his post :mjlol:

Can't lie she did have a big ol juicy ass though :mjcry:
torsha-marie-cocacola-106-and-park-vj-for-a-day-winner-with-aj-free-picture-id109930811

:noah::banderas:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Born in 92. Everything about today is trash except clothing and some technology and updated shyt like tech backpacks, airfriers and other shyt.

fukk smart phones tho. Mine was broken last week and I was so god damn bored even without any social media profiles (I have the coli and thats all).

I mainly use the internet to read and for music. Read as in news articles and general articles on shyt i find interesting.

Edit forgot bluetooth earbuds n speakers. definitely wish I had them as a teen. The Nintendo Switch too...had 2 of em but it dont hit the same as it would if I had it back then.

Fellow 92’er checking in breh :salute:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I never had a MySpace but I did get Facebook when I turned 18. Didn’t get Twitter til like 2015. Back in the day, I used to associate Twitter with politicos, news/media, and old people lol.

I didn’t get my first smartphone til 2012 tbh lol. For the longest, I had a Nextel phone going into the early 2010s and I had that same phone since 2006. Also, I didn’t get my first iPod Nano 5th Generation til Spring Break 2010. It was literally my very first own gadget I had purchased for myself using my own saved up money. It was such a personal proud achievement for me, I still have that Nano to this day and yes it still works lol.

I wasn’t really into Hip Hop like that back then, at least not until 2010. I was always more of an R&B and Neo-Soul head. And yet I’m nostalgic for some of the trends in Hip Hop at the time such as The Dougie, Cat Daddy, The Soulja Boy/Superman, the colorful look of most of the street fashion during that 2008 to 2011 era, some of the most requested producers being JUSTICE LEAGUE, Just Blaze, Lex Luger, T-Minus, etc. and how I used to be excited to hear their beats, Soulja Boy’s epic run, YMCMB’s bubbling movement, Young Jeezy’s motivational ass music, some Snap Rap classics, 106 & Park w/ Rosci and Terrence, Wale becoming a problem, Rozay bringing boss music back into Rap’s formula, etc., etc.

Cartoons were good but started to gradually decline in quality around 2007/2008. For example, Nickelodeon up until 2009 was pretty dope (especially with shows like Drake & Josh, Degrassi, Danny Phantom, SpongeBob, the GOAT Avatar The Last Airbender, Ned’s Declassified, etc.) but by 2005-ish Nick had pretty much lost the legendary urban flavor it adopted from the 90’s. Cartoon Network was doing real good in the 2000’s but started going to shyt around 2009, even worse when the original Toonami was taken off the air back in February 2008. But Adult Swim, especially it’s anime block on Saturdays was GOAT-status. As for Disney Channel, it was a small handful of cartoons I messed with during my teenhood such as American Dragon, The Weekenders, Mickey’s House or Mouse, and Lloyd in Space. S/O to the Jetix channel too :ohlawd:

My teenhood saw the stark transition of the GOAT PS2/Xbox/GameCube/GameBoy Advance/SP to the PS3/360/PSP/DS/Wii and that transition was incredibly groundbreaking and revolutionary, especially as we got deeper into these consoles’ life cycles and see how their capabilities developed over time. It was an incredible time to be a gamer. And this was back when micro-transactions was a foreign concept for the most part and would be met with :ld::skip::what::mjtf::gucci::comeon::hhh: if you were to say that would ever be the future for video-gaming at the time.

Can’t do that with most kids and teens nowadays, they couldn’t care less if they never play or chill outside during punishment. Gotta hit them with the gadgets now.
It's funny how we're a year apart but I experienced everything you didnt and vice-versa :mjgrin:

I was on Myspace in middle school and was put on to so much music. Got on Facebook my freshman year of HS.

Def had a smartphone before 2012 but can't remember what it was:jbhmm:My iPod was my best friend.

Got into Hip-Hop around 07; I was and still am more of an R&B guy. Snap era was fun but the music was horrible. I was more of a spectator of the Dougie/Cat Daddy movement but the fashion always intrigued me. I'd say that's when I got experimentaive with my clothing and started to gain a sense of style.

It's odd how everyone around our age phased out of cartoons at the same time :wtf: I clocked out of Disney Channel around the time Cory in the House was on, CN with Total Drama Island, and Nickelodeon right after Avatar. They don't even have blocks like ABC Kids or Kids WB for the youngins anymore :francis:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts I’m an old head nikka but I have a younger brother and this nikka just be staying at home watching anime and playing video games none of his friends like to go out clubbing which I don’t blame them since it’s a Snapchat and stunt fest.

Man the days when social media didn’t exist chicks would be thotting for real outchea instead of doing it for the gram. Man I remember playing truth or dare back in the day my perverted ass always picked dare just to touch up on some shyt.
Your younger brother probably just a nerd. Nothing wrong with that. If he streaming or something he might get paid

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
That homie who got his license at 16 and had a Chevy van.

Cuttin class in the morning to hit up other highschool's to fukk with hoes because they loved other cats from a different high school.

Slangin burned CDs for $5 a pop.

:blessed::mjcry:

Smokin trees during lunch in the parking lot while playing snake on a Nokia 3300.

:mjcry:

Not a worry in the word. I fukkin miss high school.

you 30 something