This must be the worst time to be a teenager

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Oh look ,another 29 year old acting like he grew up during the American Revolution.
:umad:

Nah these kids have it better. Technology and learning are way better today. They have access to music from all recorded eras and any educational concept at their fingertips.

If they have a strong family structure they are beyond winning.
More children are being diagnosed with ADHD so I seriously doubt that.

I was being facetious, dumbass...

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Not having a GPS tracking device on me back in the day probably kept me outta jail so thank god for that...

Also I dont know how these youngsters move where everyone pretty much has 24 hour access to you nowadays. At least when I was a teen girls knew if it wasnt past 9 then dont call me...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nah these kids have it better. Technology and learning are way better today. They have access to music from all recorded eras and any educational concept at their fingertips.

If they have a strong family structure they are beyond winning.
Catch 22. Cause with all of this shyt at their fingertips. They really don’t give a shyt about it honestly. Alotta youngin’s be dense and fukk and think their the first to do everything and this is while they have all the resources in the world to do proper research. Add that with the fact that every dumb ass in the world has a voice and platform so now real information and logic is all jumbled the fukk up anyway.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Not having a GPS tracking device on me back in the day probably kept me outta jail so thank god for that...

Also I dont know how these youngsters move where everyone pretty much has 24 hour access to you nowadays. At least when I was a teen girls knew if it wasnt past 9 then dont call me...
Breh... I was just saying this the other day. You could give multiple girls an alias and ghost them easily. This shyt today is Big Brother. You can't even creep without having your location is exposed. shyt is ridiculous. That's why I refuse to have social media.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
However, I do agree with the part about how all the "bad bytches" of today look fake af, and that Black starlets were wayyy finer back in the day.
TZ9nJe.gif

:whew::whew::whew:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
My actual teenhood (13 to 19) basically stretched from 2005 to 2011. May not be as great as others ITT but got a lot of dope memories of that time and everything definitely still felt fresh.

I never had a MySpace but I did get Facebook when I turned 18. Didn’t get Twitter til like 2015. Back in the day, I used to associate Twitter with politicos, news/media, and old people lol.

I didn’t get my first smartphone til 2012 tbh lol. For the longest, I had a Nextel phone going into the early 2010s and I had that same phone since 2006. Also, I didn’t get my first iPod Nano 5th Generation til Spring Break 2010. It was literally my very first own gadget I had purchased for myself using my own saved up money. It was such a personal proud achievement for me, I still have that Nano to this day and yes it still works lol.

I wasn’t really into Hip Hop like that back then, at least not until 2010. I was always more of an R&B and Neo-Soul head. And yet I’m nostalgic for some of the trends in Hip Hop at the time such as The Dougie, Cat Daddy, The Soulja Boy/Superman, the colorful look of most of the street fashion during that 2008 to 2011 era, some of the most requested producers being JUSTICE LEAGUE, Just Blaze, Lex Luger, T-Minus, etc. and how I used to be excited to hear their beats, Soulja Boy’s epic run, YMCMB’s bubbling movement, Young Jeezy’s motivational ass music, some Snap Rap classics, 106 & Park w/ Rosci and Terrence, Wale becoming a problem, Rozay bringing boss music back into Rap’s formula, etc., etc.

Cartoons were good but started to gradually decline in quality around 2007/2008. For example, Nickelodeon up until 2009 was pretty dope (especially with shows like Drake & Josh, Degrassi, Danny Phantom, SpongeBob, the GOAT Avatar The Last Airbender, Ned’s Declassified, etc.) but by 2005-ish Nick had pretty much lost the legendary urban flavor it adopted from the 90’s. Cartoon Network was doing real good in the 2000’s but started going to shyt around 2009, even worse when the original Toonami was taken off the air back in February 2008. But Adult Swim, especially it’s anime block on Saturdays was GOAT-status. As for Disney Channel, it was a small handful of cartoons I messed with during my teenhood such as American Dragon, The Weekenders, Mickey’s House of Mouse, and Lloyd in Space. S/O to the Jetix channel too :ohlawd:

My teenhood saw the stark transition of the GOAT PS2/Xbox/GameCube/GameBoy Advance/SP to the PS3/360/PSP/DS/Wii and that transition was incredibly groundbreaking and revolutionary, especially as we got deeper into these consoles’ life cycles and see how their capabilities developed over time. It was an incredible time to be a gamer. And this was back when micro-transactions was a foreign concept for the most part and would be met with :ld::skip::what::mjtf::gucci::comeon::hhh: if you were to say that would ever be the future for video-gaming at the time.

Also yes, many kids and teens around my age at the time were going outside quite often. I used to always balance my life between playing video games and going outside like it was natural. I promise you, the absolute WORST thing my mother did to me when it came to punishment other than not being allowed to watch TV wasn’t the fact that she would take my games and hide them, it was that I was not allowed to go outside and play or chill with the rest of the kids in the neighborhood or go out and explore around :mjcry: Can’t do that with most kids and teens nowadays, they couldn’t care less if they never play or chill outside during punishment. Gotta hit them with the gadgets now.

It’s a lot more that I could input but Imma stop here for now. Can’t wait to check out the rest of this thread.

SN: 2005 to this very day was one of the GOAT years of my entire existence :blessed: ‘05 will always have a very special place in my heart!!

Last edited:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

More children are being diagnosed with ADHD so I seriously doubt that.

I haven’t seen numbers that suggest that but when I was coming up 90s, there were hella kids being diagnosed as add.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Catch 22. Cause with all of this shyt at their fingertips. They really don’t give a shyt about it honestly. Alotta youngin’s be dense and fukk and think their the first to do everything and this is while they have all the resources in the world to do proper research. Add that with the fact that every dumb ass in the world has a voice and platform so now real information and logic is all jumbled the fukk up anyway.
That’s why I added strong family structure. I talk to my kids about how it was in my day. I don’t let them have free reign over their gadgets because I notice many children becoming dependent on tech. Parents have to monitor their kids and how they are being influenced by tech.

My nieces and nephews and many other kids I know are pretty intelligent. Smarter I feel then my generation at that age. Now just like back then, the maladjusted kids are the spoiled brats or don’t get a lot of attention.