This Matrix/unreal tech demo is actually mind blowing

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I spent a ridiculous amount of time in this demo. Here my my thoughts.

The good:
  • Overall, its very impressive
  • Unreal scope/scale
  • When set to max settings(100%) its the densest city ive seen in a ‘game’
  • The most geometry (rounded corners/edges) ive seen in ‘game’. Nanite is the real deal
  • On console it’s essentially doing raytraced lighting, ambient shadows and reflections in real-time. Some of them aren’t triangle based but they have the same effect. (The reflections aren’t Spiderman or Ratchet level, but the whole thing comes together nicely)
  • When I turned down some settings (cars, parked cars and crowd) I was able to get what I felt was a smoother experience
  • Massive city with no load times
  • Incredible VFX
  • Incredible car physics/damage model
  • Great sound
The bad
  • That framerate. Especially when at max settings and you are moving around quickly in a car or using the drone
  • The TAA ghosting gives the impression of an even lower framerate when its running at ~30
  • The Lumen lighting ghosting/slow update (it accumulates over several frames) also gives the impression of a lower framerate when its running at 30
  • No head lights from the cars during night
  • A lot of visual ‘noise’ (im assuming it’s because its trying to denoise/cleanup the ray tracing elements)
  • ‘Low resolution’/ soft image quality. It would be nice if it was sharper
It’s a great tech demo and im sure a couple of games this gen will come close to this level of visuals at 30fps.
Post more often bro.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smh :hhh:one of the few times pc gang lawst

Not really there are hundreds of Unreal 5 demos you can download on PC, all different types of environments running at 80-90fps with DLSS

None of these tech demos mean shyt until they can make a real game, the Matrix demo is an interactive movie, the rail shooter is like 2021 version of what Terminator Arcade was like, it doesn't look real it looks like a movie because it is a movie

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

shocked-clap.gif