This Matrix/unreal tech demo is actually mind blowing

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The demo was impressive. The city scale and detail was incredible. The character models need work though. They feel out of place inside such a realistic looking city. Also the anti aliasing around the character was horrendous. Frame rate was rough too. Overall the potential is amazing though. For the city alone it’s something everyone has to check out. The on rails shooting was ok but that frame rate was jarring compared to the current 60 fps games. Played it on the series x. There were times is definitely dipped below 30 fps.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Smh :hhh:one of the few times pc gang lawst
Yeah since this is a tech demo I assume they don't want people running it on low end rigs, you know some youtuber is gonna be able to make it run on some fukking integrated graphics:mjlol:

They wan't all the media to look the impressive, hopefully after the initial push they make it available on PC, someone will probably crack it a make a full matrix game with the assets :wow:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I spent a ridiculous amount of time in this demo. Here my my thoughts.

The good:
  • Overall, its very impressive
  • Unreal scope/scale
  • When set to max settings(100%) its the densest city ive seen in a ‘game’
  • The most geometry (rounded corners/edges) ive seen in ‘game’. Nanite is the real deal
  • On console it’s essentially doing raytraced lighting, ambient shadows and reflections in real-time. Some of them aren’t triangle based but they have the same effect. (The reflections aren’t Spiderman or Ratchet level, but the whole thing comes together nicely)
  • When I turned down some settings (cars, parked cars and crowd) I was able to get what I felt was a smoother experience
  • Massive city with no load times
  • Incredible VFX
  • Incredible car physics/damage model
  • Great sound
The bad
  • That framerate. Especially when at max settings and you are moving around quickly in a car or using the drone
  • The TAA ghosting gives the impression of an even lower framerate when its running at ~30
  • The Lumen lighting ghosting/slow update (it accumulates over several frames) also gives the impression of a lower framerate when its running at 30
  • No head lights from the cars during night
  • A lot of visual ‘noise’ (im assuming it’s because its trying to denoise/cleanup the ray tracing elements)
  • ‘Low resolution’/ soft image quality. It would be nice if it was sharper
It’s a great tech demo and im sure a couple of games this gen will come close to this level of visuals at 30fps.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The demo was impressive. The city scale and detail was incredible. The character models need work though. They feel out of place inside such a realistic looking city. Also the anti aliasing around the character was horrendous. Frame rate was rough too. Overall the potential is amazing though. For the city alone it’s something everyone has to check out. The on rails shooting was ok but that frame rate was jarring compared to the current 60 fps games. Played it on the series x. There were times is definitely dipped below 30 fps.

It's not optimized and i bet the Ps5/Xbox got plenty more power. Give it to a good dev and watch them go to work.