This living check to check shyt is stressful af brehs

MMA

Superstar
Daps
What are these higher paying jobs people speak of?

Honest question because from what I have seen they want 5+years experience with a degree, or they want certs, etc.

And these are decent jobs, not jobs where you would expect to be paid high because of a degree, they want that for some regular paying jobz.

I'm just curious on what would be a higher paying job you could get without a degree or certs.
OP has a degree, it's just a shytty one at that. If I was in his position I would just lie about my specific degree and go after jobs in certain fields. And no, there are plenty of entry level jobs asking for a few years experience that'll pay lets say 50K-60K. The point is you need to be aggressive and ready to take a lot of rejection to get those positions. OP getting paid 14-16 dollars let's me know, he is sticking out with the first job that gave him an opportunity instead of looking at his current job has a place holder until he can finally find something reasonable. I'm going to make an accountability thread - it's time we start holding each other accountable for our daily activities and setting a goal. If OP applied to 5 different jobs a day in various fields, one will eventually call him back with better pay. It's that first door, which is always the hardest to pass by.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
That's a shytty degree? I thought those degrees were for studying the body or some shyt? He can't do nothing with that ? Like medical or some shyt?

I've been applying for any jobs too and I still am.

You got any advice to give me? I have an AA, not expecting much, but I figure I could use it for something. I'm just trying to find a job paying a decent pay.

It feels like once I got my aa jobs really ain't fukkin with me.

OP has a degree, it's just a shytty one at that. If I was in his position I would just lie about my specific degree and go after jobs in certain fields. And no, there are plenty of entry level jobs asking for a few years experience that'll pay lets say 50K-60K. The point is you need to be aggressive and ready to take a lot of rejection to get those positions. OP getting paid 14-16 dollars let's me know, he is sticking out with the first job that gave him an opportunity instead of looking at his current job has a place holder until he can finally find something reasonable. I'm going to make an accountability thread - it's time we start holding each other accountable for our daily activities and setting a goal. If OP applied to 5 different jobs a day in various fields, one will eventually call him back with better pay. It's that first door, which is always the hardest to pass by.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
That's a shytty degree? I thought those degrees were for studying the body or some shyt? He can't do nothing with that ? Like medical or some shyt?

You got any advice to give me? I have an AA, not expecting much, but I figure I could use it for something. I'm just trying to find a job paying a decent pay.

My degree is a STEM degree, he really has no clue what he's talking about.

For one, it's in the medical field so already have a broad range of jobs I can apply to. For two, I could use that degree to get into different grad schools, such as Physician's Assistant, Physcial Therapy, Occupational Therapy, etc. Even Pharmacy school I get into with a kines degree, as long as I've taken the required courses. I can get a job with decent pay, I'm just in a transitional period.

this is a terrible fukking post

FYI: my degree is worth something and was hard as hell to get (like any science degree)

My current job is pharmacy technician, something I had while I was in school. Only reason I’m still here is to network with doctors and get my certification paid for. Like I said in my earlier post that you didn’t bother to read, im not worried about getting a higher paying job. I just need to get cert and network before I leave. Please don’t post this ignorant nonsense in my thread, do better boul

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps

It's your resume, you need to put some make up on it :russ:

Like I said before, the best way to enter any field is to understand the basic softwares they use or have a history of handling the tasks they are asking of you. You need to be applying to jobs all the time especially in a position of comfort.

He

this is a terrible fukking post

FYI: my degree is worth something and was hard as hell to get (like any science degree)

My current job is pharmacy technician, something I had while I was in school. Only reason I’m still here is to network with doctors and get my certification paid for. Like I said in my earlier post that you didn’t bother to read, im not worried about getting a higher paying job. I just need to get cert and network before I leave. Please don’t post this ignorant nonsense in my thread, do better boul
My bad, get out your feelings and accept reality. You have 70K in student loans for a fitness trainer degree
I read your degree wrong, thought you were a overschooled health coach let me check out these joints ass nikka :hubie:

Edit nevermind, it's your own life

Last edited:

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
It's your resume, you need to put some make up on it :russ:

Like I said before, the best way to enter any field is to understand the basic softwares they use or have a history of handling the tasks they are asking of you. You need to be applying to jobs all the time especially in a position of comfort.

My bad, get out your feelings and accept reality. You have 70K in student loans for a fitness trainer degree
I read your degree wrong, thought you were a overschooled health coach let me check out these joints ass nikka :hubie:

Edit nevermind, it's your own life
Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about.

A degree for athletic training would be that; a degree for athletic training. Which would still be a worthwhile degree, since you would be working with PTs, college/pro athletes as opposed to Planet Fitness.

I can literally get into school for PA/PT/OT with my degree, it’s more than being a damn “health coach”. You’re trying to clown me for 70k in debt but you don’t even know my earning potential or what I can actually do with my degree.

Don’t come in here trying to give advice when you don’t even know shyt

Daps
if you get pulled. I had an expired inspection and registration so I was fukked. gave me a faulty equipment notice and had two weeks to get everything fixed, problem was the check engine light is on :stopitslime: aint have the bread to get the stickers since my brake was going too. just barely went down to courthouse before they tried to press me :francis: can't afford to have that shyt suspended

What part of the city you in? Might have to relocate to the burbs :francis:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about.

A degree for athletic training would be that; a degree for athletic training. Which would still be a worthwhile degree, since you would be working with PTs, college/pro athletes as opposed to Planet Fitness.

I can literally get into school for PA/PT/OT with my degree, it’s more than being a damn “health coach”. You’re trying to clown me for 70k in debt but you don’t even know my earning potential or what I can actually do with my degree.

Don’t come in here trying to give advice when you don’t even know shyt
Kinesiology doesn't prepare someone for pharmacy work what are you talking about??
Unless you are planning on going to pharmacy school, you are joking if you believe that's a good degree worth 70K

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Kinesiology doesn't prepare someone for pharmacy work what are you talking about??
Unless you are planning on going to pharmacy school, you are joking if you believe that's a good degree worth 70K
PA = physicians assistant

Just take the L, nikka

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Sell some shyt on the 5miles app

I made over $500 just selling clothes and a couch I didn't want anymore

Find a quick day of warehouse staffing company
So on days u have free u can literally just work that day in a warehouse

LOOK up community College training courses

I tried to put a brah on here in Dallas to get trained for free to fly drones for the govt at a cc with automatic job placement

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Damn G. I feel you.

I would suggest reading this book

"The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. It's a quick read and should take you about a few hours.

First thing is to track EVERYTHING you buy. I advise doing it on paper and dating it. Then upload that data to a spread sheet to analyze trends. It's even better if you can put a time stamp and location on it. Doing so will allow you see trends.

E.g.

$12 - Chinese Takeout. 12am 9/10/18

Once you track everything for a month you can get an idea of where your money is going and set a budget accordingly. You can also see when you spend your money. If you notice that you spend a lot of money eating out between the hours of 11pm and 2am then maybe you need change your sleeping habits so you're not tempted to eat out late night etc.

Next thing would be to build up savings. 1k to start. Having just a little bit of savings will give you sum buffer from the see saw nature of life and will give you some confidence. Just 1k of savings will put you above over 50% of this country.

Honestly, the fact that this bothers you is good. Mediocrity should bother you. Hella people are ok living check to check. Even some people making high 6 figures.

I know plenty nikkas that are one paycheck away from a mental collapse but if you see them on the daily you wouldn't tell.

Also, check out the "Get out of debt brehs" thread in the 6 Certs 6 figures forumn. Some good info there.

Keep your head up. If you plan and execute in 3 months you can make some serious strides. In 6 months even greater progress.

Also, sell your car my dude. Cars are serious bread when you're struggling.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
hang in there OP, the highlighted was my greatest downfall in college. internships are the most important thing in college, and if your grade aren't right you cant even apply for them which sucks. I would say networking is your friend, intern somewhere in regards to your major. All you need to do is get your foot in the door even if it means no pay. Keep grinding breh

Thank the Lord I worked at my colleges career center they put me on game early my sophmore year about internships. My college GPA was absolute trash but I had 4 internships by the time I graduated. Started with an unpaid one in DC (well I did get a stipend for transport) then another in Asia and then two more back in the DC area.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
it's not sustainable at this rate, but I'm not really worried about earning more bread. I just gotta get a better job, only reason I'm still at my current job is because they pay for the PTCB, the certified pharmacy tech exam.

I gotta study up for that jawn cuz tbh I be bullshyttin at my job. I know a fair amount but I need to get this cert then dip. As soon as I land a hospital/corporate job I'll be way less stressed about surviving.

A nikka got debt out the ass but I have faith I can land a 30k+ job soon, and later down the line 50k+ depending which direction I take. I have a bachelors in science, an EMT cert and soon a cPT cert. I got faith in myself it's just all the bullshyt that distracts me from it :francis:
are your student loans private or federal?

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not broke but all my money after bills goes to paying off credit card debts & saving for school tution, I'm going back school next year, so I do feel broke:mjcry:

My mum bugging me how come I haven't bought a house or married yet. She doesn't understand things ain't the same as her days, it's harder to get a decent mortgage, to find a good girl you want to marry:to: