This is forum obsessed with race...insecure?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
This forum has more race related threads than any forum in history.

214.gif

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Ya'll acting like race isn't a big issue in the real world :childplease:

fukk outta here, racism been alive. prejudice is real and a lotta people you meet in the real world are gonna feel some type of way about black people :mjpls:

lightskinjezebel

IBERIAN SCUM
Daps
You got a point. But with the high concentration of black posters and other minority posters on here (considering it is a hip-hop site and hip-hop is black culture nd it attracts not just black people), I see where people would want to talk about race to educate themselves and share perspective/experiences/foresights.

But yeah, it gets way too much even for me. I think that is the reason why so many other things that could be discussed don't get discussed. Race theads are easy to get caught up in.

I personally I just would like to see more of an emphasis on creativity and things outside of the box. Those discussions have a tendency to become redundant. I'd rather not get too caught up in that mode of thought anyways (I'm aware but)...I'd rather just live my life and focus on the things I can readily control.

It doesn't mean we are insecure, we're just looking for answers and anything we can to benefit from. How many black people (or posters of other races) actually went in those threads and learned something that helped them out in life? Or gave them knowledge that they used to make the world a better place (in a small way).

I've complained about it myself, mainly cause I hate seeing good threads die that don't have to do with sensationalism just for the sake of daps and views and page length...

Humans have always enjoyed sensationalist media. I suppose it appeals to the aching curiosity we feel in our unsatisfied depressed psyches.
I have expressed disdain over this phenomena myself. People will either ignore you or ridicule you for having an insightful mind.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
We really don't have anything better to talk about? Really???

I made an art thread...it's dead now.
It's more complicated then that.

On one hand, race is a lot more relevant to the average coli member because the coli has a high amount of Black posters. Race is going to be a hot topic when you belong to a race that's been heavily discriminated against. When the topic of race comes up on other boards it's usually dismissed because "not talking about it will make racism go away" or something equally delusional. This is one of the few boards that doesn't have race discussion whitewashed.

One the other hand some of the people on this board do come off as if they have deep rooted issues. You got people who are supposedly proud Black people, but are obsessed with what White people think of them. You got people that believe White people are descents of someone that God hated. We have people that rationalize their self hate by trying to blame all Black people's issues on the opposite sex.

Then there is of course the "trolls."

So basically what I'm trying to say is this, discussing race a lot isn't necessarily insecurity in itself but that doesn't mean some of the participants of the discussion aren't insecure.

The underlined....1000%

Other boards I've been on aren't as keen to those conversations. Some of those threads go nowhere cause they are derailed by people who don't want those discussions to take place or by racists who think it's a joke.

I like this place cause I can talk about things regarding race and my own perspective/understanding of it as a black person freely. It wasn't like that on other forums. I've had forums where I would lurk and think to myself, ok this is cool...then I would post and people would like me, but when I revealed that I was black (when I put my picture up in my avi) posters would have a problem with it (I was actually banned from tranceaddict because of the aforementioned).

I'd rather be here and not feel alone with a sizable black population like this one....rather than be on another forum where race is rarely mentioned...because it's majority white and I'm one of the few black posters (or only black poster) on there.

I don't even feel comfortable on predominantly white forums anymore. I'll think shyt is sweet from a distance until delve deeper and see any discussion where race is involved (mostly involving black people) and I'll either get the hint that I'm not wanted on there and bounce.

The only other forum I went on besides this was residentadvisor (where I was for over 5 years) and they deaded the forums so this is my last (and only forum) I feel like going on

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Another thang...people take refuge (blacks especially) on sites like this one because the internet is literally just f*cking filled with racist sentiments and racism. You can't get away from it...not on yahoo...not on youtube...not on xvideos...not on IGN...not ANYWHERE! There's always one (or several) people in comments sections that think it's funny to say n!gger or put it in their screenname to try to be edgy, or who'll just say some racist ass shyt to blow your high.

It's not going away, so this is our way of "dealing with it" as some of you who think that "if we don't talk about it...it'll go away" might believe.

This is about social justice. If people don't like it...then it's gonna be your funeral when you think that "racism is dead" and you enter a situation where you realize that your world has been shattered by reality (that's if your black anyways).

lightskinjezebel

IBERIAN SCUM
Daps
I made an art thread...it's dead now.

The underlined....1000%

Other boards I've been on aren't as keen to those conversations. Some of those threads go nowhere cause they are derailed by people who don't want those discussions to take place or by racists who think it's a joke.

I like this place cause I can talk about things regarding race and my own perspective/understanding of it as a black person freely. It wasn't like that on other forums. I've had forums where I would lurk and think to myself, ok this is cool...then I would post and people would like me, but when I revealed that I was black (when I put my picture up in my avi) posters would have a problem with it (I was actually banned from tranceaddict because of the aforementioned).

I'd rather be here and not feel alone with a sizable black population like this one....rather than be on another forum where race is rarely mentioned...because it's majority white and I'm one of the few black posters (or only black poster) on there.

I don't even feel comfortable on predominantly white forums anymore. I'll think shyt is sweet from a distance until delve deeper and see any discussion where race is involved (mostly involving black people) and I'll either get the hint that I'm not wanted on there and bounce.

The only other forum I went on besides this was residentadvisor (where I was for over 5 years) and they deaded the forums so this is my last (and only forum) I feel like going on

How did they express their disdain to you once they find out about your race?
I agree with the race subject on predominately white demographic forums, they seem awkward when discussing it and ignorant when it comes to these kinds of things.
I think black people are more prone to talk about race because of our position in society and we are reminded every day that we're black from internet comments and even dirty stares from strangers.

To be frank, these kind of forums and predominately white forums tend to be two extremities.
I wish forums would just have a more moderate setting.

BocaRear

Daps
Another thang...people take refuge (blacks especially) on sites like this one because the internet is literally just f*cking filled with racist sentiments and racism. You can't get away from it...not on yahoo...not on youtube...not on xvideos...not on IGN...not ANYWHERE! There's always one (or several) people in comments sections that think it's funny to say n!gger or put it in their screenname to try to be edgy, or who'll just say some racist ass shyt to blow your high.

It's not going away, so this is our way of "dealing with it" as some of you who think that "if we don't talk about it...it'll go away" might believe.

it's always them mountain dew drinking frail CACs talking all that shyt too:pacspit: , can't go anywhere online without seeing someone saying suttin about fried chicken, black people being dumb or some other bs :camby:

Batman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it's always them mountain dew drinking frail CACs talking all that shyt too:pacspit: , can't go anywhere online without seeing someone saying suttin about fried chicken, black people being dumb or some other bs :camby:

Ya'll sound like some bullied nerds. :camby: What? Ya'll gonna get a gun and shoot up the school?

BocaRear

Daps
Ya'll sound like some bullied nerds. :camby: What? Ya'll gonna get a gun and shoot up the school?

you one of them mountain dew drinking frail CACs right? :youngsabo:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
So is no one going to point out the contradiction of this thread and the OP getting his screen name from a brotha who is most known for messing around with a white woman?