This is forum obsessed with race...insecure?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's more complicated then that.

On one hand, race is a lot more relevant to the average coli member because the coli has a high amount of Black posters. Race is going to be a hot topic when you belong to a race that's been heavily discriminated against. When the topic of race comes up on other boards it's usually dismissed because "not talking about it will make racism go away" or something equally delusional. This is one of the few boards that doesn't have race discussion whitewashed.

One the other hand some of the people on this board do come off as if they have deep rooted issues. You got people who are supposedly proud Black people, but are obsessed with what White people think of them. You got people that believe White people are descents of someone that God hated. We have people that rationalize their self hate by trying to blame all Black people's issue on the opposite sex.

Then there is of course the "trolls."

So basically what I'm trying to say is this, discussing race a lot isn't necessarily insecurity in itself but that doesn't mean some of the participants of the discussion aren't insecure.

hate to say it but i wish we could ban most of the biracials and white posters. they're usually trolls and add nothing positive to the conversation.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
post on a black oriented forum and get mad about race threads breh
This. If a board has decent-size Black membership and there is a "General" forum, why wouldn't we discuss race?

Why does the news always have a Trayvon, Marissa Alexander, or "studies show (insert race topic here)"?

It's refreshing to discuss topics that aren't so fukkin slanted. I appreciate the discussion for entertainment and sometimes educational value.

LA Fisher

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Outside @lovelydays window
a lot of the coli has real psychological and mental issues in real life, they get on here and spew filth and hate. I would say thats about 30-50% of the coli, the other 50% are good sane people.
dnw.gif