This is BIG: Alimony law in Florida changes drastically under new bill

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
it's paranoia because that's what people on this forum constantly talk about. making women out to be some sort of boogie man...

Well maybe some of them have dealt with these types of chicks before and can relate. :manny:

You saying all these cats are paranoid would be like me saying black americans are paranoid about racism in America without taking the individual complaining about its situation into consideration. Because let's face it: I think racism is, as you stated "what people on this forum constantly talk about" if you ask me.

Is it overstated? YES
But is there real cause for concern? You bet your ass ther eis

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Still, Workman encountered fierce opposition from family lawyers and Democrats, who argued Thursday that the bill was “anti-women.”

The debate on the floor was led by female lawmakers. Rep. Barbara Watson warned her fellow representatives that the bill “could put [their] daughters in a great deal of stress.”

“I’ve heard from women who have actually said that they have given up their careers to advance the careers of their spouses,” the Miami Gardens Democrat said. “When their hip size changed from 36 to 46, [their husbands] decided to change their spouse.”

Rep Lori. Berman, of Lantana, made the case against a one-size-fits-all approach to marital settlements by quoting the opening line of Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina. “Every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way,” she said.
Read more here: TALLAHASSEE: Florida House passes bill overhauling alimony, awaits Gov. Rick Scott’s signature - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

FijiWatr

Rookie
Daps
Still, Workman encountered fierce opposition from family lawyers and Democrats, who argued Thursday that the bill was “anti-women.”

The debate on the floor was led by female lawmakers. Rep. Barbara Watson warned her fellow representatives that the bill “could put [their] daughters in a great deal of stress.”

“I’ve heard from women who have actually said that they have given up their careers to advance the careers of their spouses,” the Miami Gardens Democrat said. “When their hip size changed from 36 to 46, [their husbands] decided to change their spouse.”

Rep Lori. Berman, of Lantana, made the case against a one-size-fits-all approach to marital settlements by quoting the opening line of Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina. “Every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way,” she said.

Read more here: TALLAHASSEE: Florida House passes bill overhauling alimony, awaits Gov. Rick Scott’s signature - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

So somehow these women bear no responsibilities for turning into whales.
I'm bailing if my woman gets too fat on me sorry it's mean but that's life

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly this is just common sense....If you're divorced from a man, and have completed the legal procedures that essentially says you're not in love with him anymore, then why the fck do you need his money? Sure, women shouldnt get thrown out on the streets because money decided to "upgrade", but you dont need his goddamn bread for the rest of his natural life. Caps and adjustments are more than fair.

That said, republicans make me sick. The only time these sick fcks spring into action, is if its in direct benefit to rich white males (of which a great majority of alimony judgments derive). Read the piece --- when white male concerns are on the line, thats when republicans gain clarity and start talking about "fairness", and "reasonable". Fckers sound like Ghandi. But when it comes to concerns and issues regarding the middle class and minorities, its nothing but psychobabble from these idiots and "life isnt fair", "tough", etc. a$$holes.

Intruder has legut concerns but a lot of these dudes in the article want to stick their kids with the ex spouse and party in south beach without paying for it.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Intruder has legut concerns but a lot of these dudes in the article want to stick their kids with the ex spouse and party in south beach without paying for it.

I dont think it's liek that my man. These divorced exwives be on South Beach and Key Biscayne too while they husband gets his lone "weekend with the kids" on the typical custody agreements that give custody to the wives.

I have my boy who is now going through a divorce. He left his wife 8 month ago and moved in with a roomate

He

• Pays 100% of the mortgage at the house
  • Pays the Cable
  • Pays Electricity
  • Pays water/sewer

They have 2 boys together and he gets the boys every other weekend.

She works full time and makes about as much money as he does. When they were married shepartied far more than he did. I can only imagine now that they are separated. But at least from what I see she's a good mother tho. But dont overstate that shes stuck with kids while he parties shyt

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
How many married men are in this thread? :beli:

This doesnt only affect currently married men. A lot of men go through life and never marry because the scales are tipped against them once you enter such institution.

Why do you think women look forward to marriage while men dont? And then more divorces are initiated by women than men?
It's because once you enter into a marriage as a man you have far more to lose in a divorce. So rather than risk that some just avoid it at all cost.

I understand the womens point of view too: once they marry they are expected to produce and care for children and to do this they sometimes must give up lucrative careers and career opportunities. I GET THAT.

But it's not always the case and you know it. There are women that are in the business of getting married, period. Then they just divorce and collect a check. Yes these are the minorities that marry millionaires but still many men out there making $60K paying alimony and cant move on with thrir lives because of a failed marriage.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have my boy who is now going through a divorce. He left his wife 8 month ago and moved in with a roomate

He

• Pays 100% of the mortgage at the house
  • Pays the Cable
  • Pays Electricity
  • Pays water/sewer

voluntarily? :what:

unless he thinks they're going to try and reconcile i'm confused why a man would agree to a setup like that.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
it's paranoia because that's what people on this forum constantly talk about. making women out to be some sort of boogie man...

Uhh... :wut: ... you obviously haven't seen the average Joe get skinned alive in the courts because his lady got tired of their relationship. :skip:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
slow-clap-gif.gif

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps

unless he thinks they're going to try and reconcile i'm confused why a man would agree to a setup like that.

I dont know....maybe because the kids are his financial responsibility, and his ex-wife is now taking care of the children they created together. Whats so confusing about this?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Technically by his calculations this is the equivalent of what he'd be required to pay in alimony/child support once the divorce is final

They are pretty civil about it and I'm cool with both of them so i see how things are. But i cant help but feel for homie because i know he's hurting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Technically by his calculations this is the equivalent of what he'd be required to pay in alimony/child support once the divorce is final

They are pretty civil about it and I'm cool with both of them so i see how things are. But i cant help but feel for homie because i know he's hurting.

You said she's working, so there shouldn't be any alimony. Her income will be considered in any child support arrangements as well. Your dude should be proactive and get the ball rolling on the divorce, so he can maintain as much control ass possible. He will probably be ordered to pay less than he is paying now.