This “Good Times” remake is disrespectful as fukk smh pure minstrel show

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hear Me Out

What if this is on The Spook Who Sat By The Door type of time? Play up the ignorance then drop tons of jewels on the low. Odds are low if Seth McFarlane is involved.. but that could be (I PRAY) the case, right...?

:sadcam:
:dahell:So the fukk what?

This idea of "dropping gems on the low" is why satire is largely bullshyt.

There are no gems shiny enough to save the shyt shown in this trailer. Even if you remove the racial component (nearly impossible I know) this is just shytty work

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
That might be one of the worst things I've ever seen :ohhh:

It's like an idiot watched The Boondocks and completely missed the point and subtlety :ohhh:

Steph Curry Executive Producer :mjpls:
curry probably looks at black people in the same vein as liberal white folks really.

he didn't grow up in a black enclave....

only time he was around black folks was when he went to practice with dad :mjpls:

but seriously, op wasn't exaggerating, that trailer was 70s Blaxploitation level cringe

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
This reboot is stealing concepts from preexisting works of black comedians, animators and writers like Eddie Murphy, Bruce W Smith, Robin Harris, Aaron Mcgruder and Reginald Hudlin and thinking we won't notice even though we grew up on their work. I just don't trust Seth and his brand of comedy when it comes to stories about our community
Same.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I stopped watching the trailer once I heard the phrase “drug dealing baby”. Who is the demographic for this? I didn’t crack one single smile. And both Steph Curry and Seth fukking McFarland are apart of this? EASY PASS to this garbage.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
8krp8j.gif