This gaming generation is the worst we've ever seen....

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The crazy thing is this generation leap has been the biggest we've seen since around the shift from 2d to the 3d era.

The thing is it just hasn't been all graphical. Infact the graphics party is pretty delayed.

But the move to SSD, from HDD is probably as big as 2d to 3d itself.

Not only that 60 fps and other latency solutions have made gaming FEEL as quick and smooth better than it ever has.

Ask someone that's gaming on a next gen console to go back to PS4 or xb1 and play games. It's almost unbearable with the load times and frame rate and resolutions.

its a huge jump.

but it's looked over or people don't understand it until they feel it or play something with delay, or long loading times, and input delay and bad resolution.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
For starters I'd say 60-80% of gamers playing on new consoles have outdated cheap everything.

just cause a tv has 4k and HDMI, dosent make the games look next gen. If your tv dosen cost more then 2K then your not gonna get the maximum graphically.
same with audio, a sound bar is not gonna give you the maximum.

Like another poster said these new console are close to if not more powerful then most PCs, the only problem with it (like PC uses have) is you have to all the latest in greatest tech to go with it.

if you got a PS5 or series x, but got a 1K tv from walmart with a cheap 100 dollar sound bar, you might as well not upgrade you system.

and that brings us to this generation biggest problem is. we got games that have to play on 5+ operating system, PS4, 5, xbox one, series s,x, and pc ect. its why we keep getting buggy games/ half ass't games. honestly what game devs wan to make a game on last gernation console still.

once we start getting some all exclusive next gen games. maybe in another 2 years things are gonna get crazy and the leap from this generation to last is gonna be like the introduction of 3d graphics games 25 years ago. I think we might beable to see near photo-realistic games.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Agreed

This generation sucks. My XSX is used daily to watch TV, not game lol

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did RDR 2, God Of War, Uncharted 4, and Spiderman look like PS3 games when they dropped? :sas2:
I was gonna go get a bunch of screenshots and show you how dumb this shyt you said is, but it ain’t worth it.

If you can’t see the advances in graphical detail AND performance this current gen has offered then there ain’t nothing i could tell you to change your mind :manny:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
It took George Floyd dying for these game companies to chill with the minstrel characters

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
What were you expecting the games to look like?

These don't look like they could be done on a PS4

And a lot of games are still being made with previous Gen in mind because covid changed a lot of things. You still can't just walk into the store or go on Amazon and buy a Playstation or series X. We're almost 3 years deep. In 2025 we're going to be seeing less cross platform games

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:francis: 7th gen peaked the industry on the real. During that time you had games that resemble blockbusters. Square biz, Gears of War actually had movie quality commercials to get heads to cop the shyt.

The problem with this gaming generation is complacency. Companies are eating to the point where the stomach is knocking down the dinner table. Gamers are allowing devs and publishers to continue to fukk them, instead of realizing that "aye...I'm not buying Skyrim on another damn console". Its getting to the point where I am just eating off my backlog and on my MMO shyt, because it feels like gaming in general is in a weird limbo of time.

Innovation comes to those who wants to embrace change...which sadly will never happen because gamers in general are old bitter neckbearded cacs that never seen a bar of soap since Bush Jr was dodging shoes.
:mjkrillin:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
There have been multiple recent games that have set a high bar.

Cyberpunk is the new Crysis.
Half Life: Alyx is the gold standard for VR gaming.
Deathloop had pretty innovative gameplay for a AAA FPS.

If you want real innovation, you gotta game on PC. It's where the indies who are willing to take chances are.