This gaming generation is the worst we've ever seen....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This gen has given me some very good games running at very respectable spec on consoles.

For the first time in a looooong time it doesn’t feel like PC is outright killing consoles on graphics/performance.

OP don’t know what the hell he’s talking about. This is the best hardware gen we’ve had in a long time.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’ve been playing hella heat even since the pandemic started so all you disgruntled gamers got me confused :dahell:

There’s literally more great games than most people even have time for. I play everything from action adventure, RPGs, first/third person shooters, racing games, platform fighters, and strategy games so there’s always something new to play or some recent classic I haven’t had the chance to get to yet

Even if we’re just talking games that came out specifically during this gen games like Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Forza Horizon 5 and Deathloop were all super dope to me. I played the shyt out of Halo Infinite multiplayer and the campaign too. Flight Simulator is always a good hardware flex that even non-gamers can appreciate.

Load times and improved frame rates alone make me never want to go back to playing last gen consoles ever in my life:scusthov:

The industry itself is always gonna have highs and lows, plus covid pushed a ton of stuff back. If you not having fun with gaming anymore that’s on you and you alone :hubie:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

R&C does look next generation.

But that gameplay is from 3 generations ago
Game is easy mode but it is beautiful.

Can't take away the graphic fidelity and colour gamut from this game.

But if we pick and choose, there will be no game capable of matching these unspecified next gen standards.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been playing hella heat even since the pandemic started so all you disgruntled gamers got me confused :dahell:

There’s literally more great games than most people even have time for. I play everything from action adventure, RPGs, first/third person shooters, racing games, platform fighters, and strategy games so there’s always something new to play or some recent classic I haven’t had the chance to get to yet

Even if we’re just talking games that came out specifically during this gen games like Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Forza Horizon 5 and Deathloop were all super dope to me. I played the shyt out of Halo Infinite multiplayer and the campaign too. Flight Simulator is always a good hardware flex that even non-gamers can appreciate.

Load times and improved frame rates alone make me never want to go back to playing last gen consoles ever in my life:scusthov:

The industry itself is always gonna have highs and lows, plus covid pushed a ton of stuff back. If you not having fun with gaming anymore that’s on you and you alone :hubie:
I've been saying that since day one. Load times made the console worth the listed price. Changed the game, literally.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Two years in and we haven't seen ONE Next-gen looking game :why:

When is this generation gonna truly start? :snoop:

We're only 2 yrs into current gen and if anything I would criticize so far is all the delays and pushback in game releases. Last gen had this problem as well with games imo and I consider last gen to be the worst era with it's marketing tactics as to how they went about rolling out upgraded systems in the middle of a current cycle.

We just getting away from a worldwide pandemic which has slowed down the production of consoles and caused delays in some releases. If anything both Sony & MS should extend the life cycle for both consoles imo.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Some things are missing or not quite spectacular to me for sure.

Definitely feeling the impact of the subscription model.

Graphically, and in general it does seem incremental compared to the leaps between the last few console generations.

I remember playing Metroid Prime on the Gamecube and the controller button mapping made it feel like you were actually in the suit (if that makes any sense). I don't think anything else has captured that for me. The combat never slowed down behind menus that were behind menus.

FFXIV I think is the gold standard for gameplay/controller mapping today. Highly intuitive on gamepad as it is keyboard and mouse.

Fighting games I think are in a great spot, but still missing some MvC2. Graphically, not the greatest display of new generation tech, but I think this is one genre many people don't think graphics are all that vital.

Which leads me to a feeling of disappointment with some of the IP's. Many of the franchises I've grown up with are simply not around anymore or getting at most a remaster rather than a new game: Castlevania and Suikoden come to mind.